News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DirtyRottenBrandon

DirtyRottenBrandon Profile Photo
Member Name: DirtyRottenBrandon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Glinda
 Aug 3 2005, 02:58:03 AM
I've seen Kristin and Kendra. To me Kristin was the far more effective. Kendra, while very funny, was so over the top, and aware of the audience, that it tainted any seriousness of the part, and yes, there definitely is some. All of her little flourishes and kicks are initially entertaining, but after a while, you realise that she has merely created an elaborate cariacature. Her Glinda was not "real" to me. Kristin, managed to bring the right amount of reality and comedy to the part. Along with
re: Could this be Stephanie J. Block's next project?
 Jul 29 2005, 02:23:06 AM
Lol. Won of my close friends was in this show, and I saw it, way before anyone new or cared who steph was. she was brilliant, and so was the whole cast, but the show was awful. the music was laughable, and it just was soooo...ughhh. i dont believe that its going to be on tour. If it is, the score and book would need to be completely rewritten.
re: Most Curiously Touching Songs
 Jul 5 2005, 02:58:22 AM
A lot of things from Ragtime always get me teary-eyed, but the one that really does it is "Till We Reach That Day". Its just glorious.

However, the most touching song Ive ever heard is Godspeed(Sail On) from Titanic. It is one of the most beautiul melodies I have ever heard. Every time I hear it, I am pouring tears at the end of it. It so brilliantly expresses an emotion that the rest of the musical failed at. Although there are other good songs, the musical never affected me in the wa

re: If Disney's The Little Mermaid ever was on stage...
 Jun 29 2005, 08:31:47 PM
Kathleen would be a good choice, but I don't think shed take it. I hope that the Little Mermaid does not ever make it to Broadway. It is my least favorite Disney Musical, altHOUgh I am not exactly in love with Tarzan.

re: Who is your favorite orginal cast member of RENT?
 Jun 29 2005, 08:27:41 PM
Wasn't Norbert in the Original Cast like in the Ensemble? If he was then him for sure. If not, then Anthony Rapp. I know a lot of people love him, but I am not a Pascal man. I think his voice sounds constipated...
re: When is sheet music coming for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
 Jun 29 2005, 08:04:48 PM
I want the DRS music badly.....I can only hope soon, but i always go to sheet music sites and stores, and havent heard anything. As far as Little Shop, I own the movie version, but other than that I have no idea of the existance of a broadway or original version. Possibly some of the songs that you are searching for might appear in AlaN mENken books, or other collections. I would assume that Piazaa will be out before any, because the score is so wonderful and acclaimed. As far as Spelling Bee a
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You