News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IAmAnIslander2

IAmAnIslander2 Profile Photo
Member Name: IAmAnIslander2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Saddest Broadway Songs
 Jan 12 2021, 09:18:47 PM

Send in the Clowns from A Little Night Music

Finale from Chess

The Letter from Billy Elliot

Tell Me It's Not True from Blood Brothers

I Am Here from Come From Away

I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables

With You from Ghost

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from The Phantom of the Opera

Without You from RENT

I'll Cover You (Reprise) from RENT

She Used To Be Mine from Waitress<

First Time Hearing Jennifer Holliday!
 Jan 12 2021, 08:42:16 PM

MichelleCraig said: "I think I posted something similar here a number of years ago, but couldn't find it in a search.

I went to see DREAMGIRLS at the Shubert Theatre in Boston, October 1981, before it moved to Broadway. I was in my early 20s. As fate would have it, the official "opening night" was supposed to be held on the night before I was seeing the performance...but one of the cast members (an unknown named Jennifer Holliday)had been under the weather so

Mean Girls to close
 Jan 7 2021, 06:57:22 PM

MollyJeanneMusic said: "However, I cannot WAIT to see all the high school videos of people attempting to hit the high notes in Someone Gets Hurt (and get so excited when the occasional video is released where the persondoeshit the notes)."

I can almost hear the teenage girls screlting the end of World Burn now.

Mean Girls to close
 Jan 7 2021, 06:18:40 PM

Sad.

I was at the matinee on Sunday March 1st 2020, 9 days before it closed. Crazy to think just over a week later would be the last show ever.

Wicked Previews
 Jan 5 2021, 07:59:25 PM

Tag said: "Wicked will play Tuesdays at 8 PM, Wednesday through Saturday evenings at 8 PM with matinees on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 2 PM and Sundays at 3 PM"

So because the first preview on the Tuesday evening was cancelled does that mean Wicked's first ever preview was a 2PM matinee?

Changes in shows?
 Jan 5 2021, 06:04:59 PM

Joshua Rosenthal said: "IAmAnIslander2 said: "MichelleCraig said: "I really disliked Ellen's new song in MISS SAIGON. To me, the original,"Now That I've Seen Her,"is far superior to "Maybe"..."

Yes! I saw Kerry Ellis play Ellen 15 years ago and "Now That I've Seen Her" was one of my favourites from the show."Maybe" sucks.

When I saw the U.K. tour of Shrek I couldn't believe what

Changes in shows?
 Jan 5 2021, 05:45:28 PM

MichelleCraig said: "I really disliked Ellen's new song in MISS SAIGON. To me, the original,"Now That I've Seen Her,"is far superior to "Maybe"..."

Yes! I saw Kerry Ellis play Ellen 15 years ago and "Now That I've Seen Her" was one of my favourites from the show. "Maybe" sucks.

When I saw the U.K. tour of Shrek I couldn't believe what they did to "I Know It's Today". They didn't wan

Let it out! Biggest theater pet peeves
 Jan 5 2021, 05:06:24 PM

Jukebox musicals

Wicked Previews
 Jan 5 2021, 04:40:00 PM

Random question but does anyone know if when Wicked was in previews on Broadway they had the same schedule they do now? So between October 8 2003 and October 29 2003 it was Tuesday through Sunday with 2 shows on a Wednesday and Saturday?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You