News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dancnqn5

dancnqn5 Profile Photo
Member Name: dancnqn5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Hottest Broadway Stars?
 Jul 9 2009, 08:12:02 PM
James Snyder

He may not be on Broadway right now and his show mas have been questionable, but his looks aren't (well, as long as he's not wearing that stupid dark wig). Plus, he's absolutely hysterical and that's a plus. It's quite hard to focus when he's around. Sorry, I'm on a slight kick right now. Ha.

re: I'm really curious as to if this girl is being serious...
 Mar 27 2009, 02:03:11 PM
While I don't love censoring adult productions, this production took place at a Christian university. Thus the censoring.

And she's actually a very talented performer with a quirky sense of humor (or so I've been told from a mutual friend), thus the oh so very fake videos.

re: Renthead Survey for Term Paper
 Jan 21 2009, 10:18:58 PM
How old where you when you saw Rent for the first time?
15, I think

What was your reaction of the show the first time you saw it?
I had been waiting to see if for a long time, so I was so excited to finally see it.

Did seeing Rent get you intrested in seeing La Boheme?
(If Yes, what did you think?)
Yes. I actually saw it my sr year in HS for a lit/opera field trip. And unfortunately, at the time, I wsa bored out of my mind (to be fair, I don't think I knew

re: Is something going on with the ushers at Shrek?
 Jan 16 2009, 04:04:12 AM
From someone who's worked on the technical side of theatre as well as performing, the turning off of cell phones isn't JUST that they are distracting as hell when they ring (and the blue screen/lights aren't any better, just turn them off!). It's also a big technical thing. Phones should be turned off (or at least set to airplane mode... not vibrate or silent) because it messes with the sound equiptment. Not to mention the headsets that are used to call a show. If you've ever had a cell phon
re: Spring Awakening National Tour CD
 Dec 11 2008, 02:48:28 PM
I know that they were in a recording studio recording stuff from the show. But I don't know why or for what reason. This may be where the rumors started.
re: Silly Line Delivery On Cast Recordings
 Dec 11 2008, 04:03:47 AM
This first thing that came to my mind was the Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind scene. Specifically "I'm on the way home, want to come?" Which doesn't even exist in the show, so I don't know why we were "treated" to this awkward line read. Although the "Ilse? You frightened me" line makes sense if you take it in two separate parts. He's first asking if it's her (thus the question) and then expressing that she frightened him. But the rest of that scene is horribly stilted, especially on Lauren Prit
re: Weird Facial Expressions
 Nov 21 2008, 05:23:19 AM
Kyle Riabko definitely makes some interesting faces, but he makes those same faces in real life. I don't think he knows how to take a normal picture.

Also, it could just be me, but I was highly distracted by Mandy Gonzalez. She only sings out of one side of her mouth. It really shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but it does.

re: Hair
 Nov 21 2008, 05:15:36 AM
It just makes me sad that the infinity sign over the I is not being used. I know that only the Michael Butler produced productions used that, but I find it so iconically Hair.
re: Any history of actors naturally or for 'in character' has a lisp?
 Nov 18 2008, 03:17:42 AM
I almost forgot about Stephen Lee Anderson's lisp. It was really distracting. And I usually don't care about those things.
re: General Discussion:Pippin's Choreography
 Nov 14 2008, 05:20:11 PM
I think Fosse's choreography is what makes Pippin. Because frankly, I'm not a huge fan of the show sans his choreography. (I speak from experience on that one...)
re: Spotted at Spring Awakening! Taye Diggs
 Nov 14 2008, 05:18:27 PM
He was there opening night too. My friend sat right in front of him.
re: New Spring Awakening Cast Members
 Jul 21 2008, 07:00:53 PM
Although if you listen to Gerard, he's the only one left that's been there since day one of the Broadway production since Christine left and came back and Frances wasn't at the first rehearsal.
re: The Search for Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 17 2008, 06:19:16 PM
She can't sing them though. I don't know what's going to happen; I'm just going to wait it out and see. The ensemble does dance a whole lot more than Elle, so I don't get it either (although I don't see the Autumn/Enid thing). It's pretty much a trainwreck anyways.

And, yeah, good for them, but I find the whole "all top 4 get parts" thing a cop-out. The contest was for Elle. And by giving roles to all of them, it's less special. I have the same problem with Grease casting losing

Jul 17 2008, 05:55:46 PM
A lot has to do with natural rhythym and having a good ear. Which is different from other forms of dance. And Autumn is self-admittedly not a dancer, so she's probably got less training than some. Usually, she probably wouldn't be going to dance calls that call for intricate trained dancers. Elle is a very competent mover.

And I do believe there are people that just can't tap. Everyone has their talents.

Jul 17 2008, 05:37:49 PM
Yeah, I get what you mean. Luckily, I have non tapper friends that I have tried to teach, and it's not that easy. (It's taken them weeks to learn a triple times step and they still haven't master it!)
 Jul 17 2008, 05:31:53 PM
They actually change Show Off to fit each Janet. And I don't know when this began being considered tap. Tap is hard and takes awhile to teach. That's one of the reason, not to stray from the topic here, they don't have it as a dance style of SYTYCD.
 Jul 17 2008, 05:21:40 PM
Some people just can't wrap their brains around tap. I know some amazingly talented dancers that just can't do it for some reason. Or they take more time learning it than normal. And since it's the magic of mtv and television, we don't actually know how much time they are given to learn a combo. I know plenty of people that can't get choreography in a short amount of time, but give them a couple of days to practice, and they'll have it down.

Jul 17 2008, 05:13:55 PM
Plus, like I said earlier, she doesn't even make any sounds (which, I'm sorry, is kinda the point of tap dancing). It's for effect. Therefore the sounds don't matter. You want a tap dancer, go see 42nd Street. Elle is NOT a tap role. (And, this is coming from a tapper)

And also, I think everyone is taking Autumn's comments about "faking" the tap in a different way than intended. She did not give up. What she was saying (and if you pay attention, Denis agrees with her) is that fo

Jul 17 2008, 04:14:24 PM
"But (and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be crucified for saying this here), I forgot. LBB is a amazingly talented and can do nothing wrong and all should be held to her standard. "

"HAHHA...please friend, tell me you're ****ting us all?"

Well, it depends on what you mean. I was being completely sarcastic. I could not, in good faith, praise LBB that much. I'm sorry.

*Also, Marcus, you should have a little more faith in me than that...*

Jul 17 2008, 03:20:33 AM
Me too. Plus, if you pay real close attention, LBB fakes it too. I'm 100% sure if you put mic'd tap shoes on that woman, she would not be making the sounds she's supposed to be making. It would be a big muddled mess (there are times when her feet aren't even on the freaking ground!). The tap "sounds" come from the orchestra, so it's not even an important thing. As long as it looks good it doesn't matter. Elle isn't a tap role by any means.

But (and I'm pretty sure I'm going to b

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You