News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Showhopper2

Member Name: Showhopper2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Diana the Musical- underestimated
 Jan 18 2023, 01:16:12 PM

akhoya87 said: "Showhopper2 said: "Prince Harry mentioned in his book that he watched the show...

.....and he liked it...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnQNogpvZzV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
"

I think this is a parody post.
"

Nope, its not...  

Diana the Musical- underestimated
 Jan 18 2023, 12:53:44 PM

Prince Harry mentioned in his book that he watched the show...

.....and he liked it...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnQNogpvZzV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

DIANA: THE MUSICAL Closing on December 19th
 Dec 11 2021, 03:10:05 PM

gibsons2 said: "Dolly80 said: "I bet the cast are hugely relieved this is finally closing. What a mess of a show.

click flask click click feckity feckity.
"

Cast and crew who were out of work for 18 months and will be unemployed by December 20th are relieved? Are you that dense?
"

Nothing more to add!

DIANA: THE MUSICAL Closing on December 19th
 Dec 11 2021, 10:47:40 AM

Dolly80 said: "I bet the cast are hugely relieved this is finally closing. ."

Congrats on the stupiest comment of the day!!!!!

DIANA Reviews
 Dec 2 2021, 11:29:12 AM

seussical93 said: "what’s the cheapest way to see this? Is rush easy to snag last minute/ anyone know of any comps?"

Diana Lottery 

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 29 2021, 01:40:51 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Showhopper, I love the show, too, but I totally disagree with you. The James Hewitt scene is intentionally light and silly, not camp at all. Same thing with the "f*ck you dress" song. When people are talking about the camp value of this show, they're not talking about the scenes when the audience is supposed to laugh; they're talking about the ones that are supposed to be serious, but end up being funny because of bad lyrics or dialogue. For example, the song where Diana starts singing in Spanish isn't supposed to be humorous, but it is (to me, at least) because it's ridiculous that she starts speaking another language for no good reason, and there's no way the creative team intended it that way.

"

Honestly.. I  don't think this is funny at all     <-- just my opinion on it. 
Many people express their love  with "I LOVE YOU" even though english is a foreign language to them, so I don't think that they meant it to be funny, - I think they wanted to express that D. was still in love with Charles and that she tried to tell him in every way possible... 

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 29 2021, 12:58:21 PM

Kad said: "Showhopper2 said: "everythingtaboo said: "I'll admit, every time I want to put in on Netflix...I end up watching something else.

But my question is: they've always seemed to portray this musical as anything but campy. Is the campiness intentional at the start, or are they just leaning into it now because it's easier to be laughed with than laughed at?
"

I can’t believe that people are still discussing this, after watching scenes like J.Hewitt’s appearance?
Is there someone out there who ever thought that this was meant to be serious?
"

"I never approached this as a campy show" "That to me is cheap and cheesy, which is something we've worked hard not to make this musical."- Joe DiPietro

To paraphrase Sontag... the best camp is made earnestly, not intentionally.
"

so what? This guy wrote shows like Toxic Avenger, and you really thought that he will make a musical being all serious??  
And you still think that scenes like the one mentioned above was meant to be serious??

Come on......   
Too funny, that you are STILL quoting this I can't believe that you are still sticking on it!
You forgot to mention how the interview continued and  that he laughed talking about different quotes in his musical. Seen it on video somewhere. 

For sure DiPietro and Bryan tried to tell her story in the most enertaining way from the beginning on, fun but also touching at the right times. 

This is entertainment! And people who are watching musicals want to be entertained! 

It seems to bother you much, that some people don't share your opinion and dare to voice this finally here. 

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 29 2021, 12:00:59 PM

everythingtaboo said: "I'll admit, every time I want to put in on Netflix...I end up watching something else.

But my question is: they've always seemed to portray this musical as anything but campy. Is the campiness intentional at the start, or are they just leaning into it now because it's easier to be laughed with than laughed at?
"

I can’t believe that people are still discussing this, after watching scenes like J.Hewitt’s app

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 22 2021, 01:52:32 AM

The arrogance of certain people here us unbelievable!!!! 

Reading here "this board is here for discussion.." and attacking people with other opinions at the same time..  

This is hilarious!! 

I feel for these people. Showing a behavior like this  they can't have many friends in real world out there. 

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 21 2021, 11:51:13 AM

Kad said: "...... It's being floated by a quickly dwindling reserve of money and has been kneecapped by bad word of mouth and bad reviews. ....."

You better check social media, to see what people who've been there are sharing about the show....  Almost everyone is raving and  they keep coming back. 

For sure the bad reviews are hurting  the sales, but telling that word if mouth is bad, is just not true! - No matter if you like it, o

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 21 2021, 09:49:31 AM

behindthescenes2 said: "Wati...you mean that there is are critics who actually criticize? What is the world coming to? I mean, everyone seems to stand and applause the weakest of attempts, a buzzard ****, if you will, but to actually criticize something because it is terribly written, bland, grotesque in taste and has no point of value? What is this new revolution? No one is taking them to task for being negative and judgmental?

Hmmm, how will they all live with themselves

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 21 2021, 03:26:37 AM

Whatever the media is writing...... 

.......the audience seems to like what they see, and this is what really counts. 

Following their reaction on social media  almost all of them are positive. Some even go there 2 times / day,  Others already  bought tickets for many more additional shows they want to see.

I know, this is something many of you don't want to read, bec their mission is to hate it anyways, but if  you don't

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 20 2021, 04:41:15 AM

pmensky said: "Showhopper2 said: "Jeanna on the bad reviews"

This is not the correct link.

Oops, Sorry!

This is the correct one: https://variety.com/2021/scene/news/diana-the-musical-frank-marshall-humor-1235115643/

I edited imy post. 

"

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 20 2021, 12:41:56 AM

Jeanna on the bad reviews

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 19 2021, 04:42:00 PM

https://richardgreenethecivicsdean.medium.com/diana-the-musical-makes-diana-the-human-come-alive-again-4b8b7348f4a3?s=09

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 19 2021, 05:08:51 AM

https://todifordaily.com/2021/11/see-diana-the-musical-on-broadway-immediately-jeanna-de-waal/

Diana Previews
 Nov 17 2021, 01:02:53 AM

Checking out twitter and social media, it seems that the show works out really well being played in front of an live-audience.

I see Diana being played in front of an full house several times yet, with queues in front of the theatre, people raving calling it their new favourite musical, others bought tickets for 8 and more shows already, and and and…

And before you start to zero in on me again, go check by yourself.

I wonder where everyone here disappeared, who spr

Diana Previews
 Nov 1 2021, 05:20:44 PM

Kad said: "....Also, worth noting that a substantial number of its positive reviews on Show Score appear to be fake."

haha.. yeah.. sure!  
You guys are just unbelievable... For sure eveything is fake what you don't like.
How could someone forget this?!   

This level is getting too low! You are living in your own reality anyways! 

Diana Previews
 Nov 1 2021, 12:46:12 PM

dramamama611 said: " ....But hose who do not have just as much right to voice their opinion.

I can never understand why anyone gets so upset with others having a negative opinion on any show. But if you can't do anything but yell at those that think differently than do you, you need to look inward.
"

....voicing an opinion on a show that actually isn't running yet! ... WOW!!!  How construcitive and mature!!
Why not bas

Diana Previews
 Nov 1 2021, 11:50:19 AM

Kad said: "Only five people on this thread saw it last year, and they range from “loved it” to “it’s not great”. "

Plus countless who have been ravjng about it on social media back then. (Reviews have been mostly positive) 

Knowing someone involved I've been following....

...... but I know ... most people here are only interested in negativity,.... 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You