pixeltracker

Diana the Musical- underestimated

Diana the Musical- underestimated

Joey32
#1Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/10/21 at 9:14pm

I was pleasantly surprised by the show. I was expecting worse.

To anyone who has seen the show in-person, was the house empty? Details.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/10/21 at 9:16pm

The Longacre was very well sold when I saw it. Sad this is closing, but I understand why.

Oh look, a bibu!

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#3Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/10/21 at 9:19pm

I absolutely loved this show. I saw it last month, and it was pretty well-filled, at least in the mezzanine and orchestra. Couldn't tell with the balcony, since I sat in the mezz.

I'm very sad this is closing, but I'm even sadder at this being a sign that the winter is likely going to be even worse than we anticipated. 

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#4Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/10/21 at 9:44pm

It really is too bad; the show wasn't award-worthy, but it was a fun night of theatre. I can't say I'm surprised, however, given it had a narrow appeal. If you loved Diana the person, you probably would have hated it. But if you like super-campy shows that kind of poke a lot of fun at public figures, it was a fun way to spend a couple hours. In the end, though, the Netflix bad press and the atrocious reviews (especially the Times review) meant this was always going to be an abbreviated run.

I just hope the cast land on their feet, especially Eryn Davie, who to me was the standout. It's not easy to make Camilla look sympathetic, but she carried a lot of the emotion of the show I thought. Hopefully the flop won't taint the cast's future prospects.

As to what it says about the future of this season...I don't like that two shows with original scores (Chicken and Biscuits is the other) have already shuttered and it's not even January 1st...

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#5Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/10/21 at 10:38pm

msmp said: "It really is too bad; the show wasn't award-worthy, but it was afunnight of theatre. I can't say I'm surprised, however, given it had a narrow appeal. If you loved Diana the person, you probably would have hated it. But if you like super-campy shows that kind of poke a lot of fun at public figures, it was a fun way to spend a couple hours. In the end, though, the Netflix bad press and the atrocious reviews (especially the Times review) meant this was always going to be an abbreviated run.

I just hope the cast land on their feet, especially Eryn Davie, who to me was the standout. It's not easy to makeCamillalook sympathetic, but she carried a lot of the emotion of the show I thought. Hopefully the flop won't taint the cast's future prospects.

As to what it says about the future of this season...I don't like that two shows with original scores (Chicken and Biscuits is the other) have already shuttered and it's not even January 1st...
"

Chicken and Biscuits had a score? Could you hum or sing something from it? 

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#6Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/10/21 at 11:15pm

I saw it last Wednesday night and the orchestra was almost full. I've seen the show 5x and it was always very busy, except for when I saw it the Saturday before or after Thanksgiving, the 2pm show that day, the sides of the orchestra had a lot of empty seats, only the center was full. 

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#7Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/10/21 at 11:21pm

I guess the producers "overestimated" the appeal of the show. 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#8Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/10/21 at 11:22pm

I just bought a ticket for Thursday night, as well as both shows on Saturday the 18th.

I love this show, and don't care what other people thought about it.

Dolly80
#9Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 12/11/21 at 2:38am

5 TIMES. 

Times. 

Showhopper2
#10Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 1/18/23 at 12:53pm

Prince Harry mentioned in his book that he watched the show...

.....and he liked it...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnQNogpvZzV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

KevinKlawitter
#11Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 1/18/23 at 12:57pm

Now that it's available for licensing, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a community theatre favorite.

akhoya87
#12Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 1/18/23 at 1:09pm

Showhopper2 said: "Prince Harry mentioned in his book that he watched the show...

.....and he liked it...

"

I think this is a parody post.

Showhopper2
#13Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 1/18/23 at 1:16pm

akhoya87 said: "Showhopper2 said: "Prince Harry mentioned in his book that he watched the show...

.....and he liked it...

"

"

Nope, its not...  

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#14Diana the Musical- underestimated
Posted: 1/18/23 at 1:45pm

Showhopper2 said: "akhoya87 said: "Showhopper2 said: "Prince Harry mentioned in his book that he watched the show...

.....and he liked it...

"

"

Nope, its not...
"

It’s literally a parody post. Are you that dense? She even credits who wrote the passage in the caption. I honestly can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not, if you are I’m sorry for going off on you.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 1/18/23 at 01:45 PM

Videos