News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pablitonizer

Member Name: pablitonizer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/24
 Jul 18 2024, 07:42:27 AM

VintageSnarker said: "How are Suffs and The Notebook doing relative to their running costs? Can I wait until September to see them?"

I see The Notebook closing by labor day

Suffs seems to be doing a bit better but I don't know how well their ticket sales for the upcoming months look like

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews
 Jun 26 2024, 08:43:24 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "Heart of Rock and Roll. Tommy. Do we think The Notebook will be next??"

Yes, my guess it closes by labor day

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jun 25 2024, 07:10:31 PM

Such a forgettable revival imo

The notebook is next...

Disney’s HERCULES will transfer to the West End in 2025
 Jun 24 2024, 03:09:54 PM

singer234 said: "bwaylyric said: "Why is Disney so high on this property? There are other titles that are more worthy of development and production. I'd rather see Hunchback on stage."

Anecdotally speaking, anyone I have ever spoken to between the ages of 20-40ish have all unequivocally said Hercules is their favorite Disney film of all time and the one they have the strongest connection to. I'm not really sure why, but that seems to be

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 18 2024, 02:47:33 PM

I see 'The Notebook' closing next

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL to close on June 23
 Jun 18 2024, 11:23:24 AM

Jonathan Cohen said: "Unfortunately not surprising, but not giving two weeks notice does seem a little unusual."

I believe it's more of a marketing strategy. Like they believe people will rush to buy tickets knowing there's just 6 days left to see the show. Whereas if they announce 2 weeks prior, they fear people might forget its closing date, perhaps.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL to close on June 23
 Jun 18 2024, 10:00:33 AM

Well, I wonder what took them so long...

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 Jun 13 2024, 10:23:13 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Hi there - that’s me. I’m an American who’s going to see it and I CANT. WAIT. Reviews aside, as I’ve said before seeing Brightman on stage in a musical is right at the top of my theatrical bucket list and I really never thought I’d get to see it. Good or bad performance aside, it’s something I’ve always wanted to see so it makes the whole thing worth it for me. Good on you if you don’t want to go see it but it&rsq

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
 Jun 4 2024, 02:23:57 PM

At this point I think the producers of Heart of Rock n' roll forgot their show is still open lol 

BTTF has been below the 1 million figure for the past 5 weeks so I don't give it a long run anymore 

My bet is The notebook will be closing by labor day

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24
 May 7 2024, 01:33:22 PM

BTTF numbers are abysmal this week, ouch! I wonder if The Notebook will close by labor day.

When is Heart of Rock n roll announcing their closing date?

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale
 May 2 2024, 11:15:51 AM

That's rough! I wonder if this musical will announce its closing date before Lempicka 

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Apr 30 2024, 02:14:17 PM

Timon3 said: "RW3 said: "As a DMV resident, I am truly over the Kennedy Center being one of the last theaters to announce its season."

Excuse my ignorance, but where is DMV?
"

DC - Maryland - Virginia area

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Apr 29 2024, 12:50:46 PM

inception said: "If it was & Juliet, why would they hold off on announcing? The rest of that tour's schedule is out. It looks like it won't be able get to LA until late September or October 2025 as all Summer '25 is set.

I wonder if it is something else that hasn't yet announced its tour?
"

I know there'll be an announcement for 'Once upon a one more time' in the coming weeks, could that be?

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 17 2024, 12:42:51 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Eden posted online she’s out of both shows today."

Interesting! So the understudy will take the lead role. OUAOMT did the same so that every understudy got the chance to take each role before announcing the closing date

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 17 2024, 09:01:03 AM

MemorableUserName said: "Michael Schulman of the New Yorker is covering the fake quotes:

Which led to this perfect gem:

But also this bit of certifiable insanity:

The people attacking the reviews are simply unhinged at this point.
"

LMAO!

I thought quotes had to be approved by the person who reviewed it. Are they allowed to 'Frankenstein' phrases?

Happy Feet on Broadway?
 Apr 3 2024, 12:15:32 PM

Chaz Hands said: "Per the Broadway Across America survey I just got, it seems like there is a team currently working on this.

It was listed as a show in development alongside other productions such as Thelma & Louise, Coco, and Night at the Museum to name a few.
"

Isn't it "Happy Feet" a jukebox movie kind of thing? I remember hearing songs like "Somebody to love", and "my way" 

Rumor - A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Broadway Revival 2025
 Mar 29 2024, 10:38:10 AM

Production for "Freaky Friday 2" is close to start so that's the reason why they're together. it was rumored last year and confirmed this month https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2024-03-05/lindsay-lohan-confirms-freaky-friday-sequel-jamie-lee-curtis-disney 

Once Upon A One More Time Cast Recording
 Mar 25 2024, 01:19:18 PM

Per one of the producers, the cast recording had been planned but could not make it. He also confirmed they're trying to bring OUAOMT to the west end so he hopes for a London cast recording but nothing is confirmed yet.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Mar 22 2024, 09:44:45 AM

Dolly80 said: "Next years Tony’s are going to be way more exciting than this year.

i wouldn’t be able to choose between Brayben and Scherzinger for Bestactress.

Who knows- maybe Death Becomes Her will give some stiff competition too.
"

Agree! Just the musicals 'Sunset boulevard', 'Tammy Faye', 'Death becomes her' and possibly Mamma Mia revival in 2025 make it more exciting to me!

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Mar 22 2024, 09:20:20 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "First preview October 19, opens November 14 at the Palace. Tickets on sale at 10 am."

Tickets sale start March 27

https://tammyfayebway.com/ 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You