News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pablitonizer

Member Name: pablitonizer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24
 May 7 2024, 01:33:22 PM

BTTF numbers are abysmal this week, ouch! I wonder if The Notebook will close by labor day.

When is Heart of Rock n roll announcing their closing date?

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale
 May 2 2024, 11:15:51 AM

That's rough! I wonder if this musical will announce its closing date before Lempicka 

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Apr 30 2024, 02:14:17 PM

Timon3 said: "RW3 said: "As a DMV resident, I am truly over the Kennedy Center being one of the last theaters to announce its season."

Excuse my ignorance, but where is DMV?
"

DC - Maryland - Virginia area

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Apr 29 2024, 12:50:46 PM

inception said: "If it was & Juliet, why would they hold off on announcing? The rest of that tour's schedule is out. It looks like it won't be able get to LA until late September or October 2025 as all Summer '25 is set.

I wonder if it is something else that hasn't yet announced its tour?
"

I know there'll be an announcement for 'Once upon a one more time' in the coming weeks, could that be?

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 17 2024, 12:42:51 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Eden posted online she’s out of both shows today."

Interesting! So the understudy will take the lead role. OUAOMT did the same so that every understudy got the chance to take each role before announcing the closing date

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 17 2024, 09:01:03 AM

MemorableUserName said: "Michael Schulman of the New Yorker is covering the fake quotes:

Which led to this perfect gem:

But also this bit of certifiable insanity:

The people attacking the reviews are simply unhinged at this point.
"

LMAO!

I thought quotes had to be approved by the person who reviewed it. Are they allowed to 'Frankenstein' phrases?

Happy Feet on Broadway?
 Apr 3 2024, 12:15:32 PM

Chaz Hands said: "Per the Broadway Across America survey I just got, it seems like there is a team currently working on this.

It was listed as a show in development alongside other productions such as Thelma & Louise, Coco, and Night at the Museum to name a few.
"

Isn't it "Happy Feet" a jukebox movie kind of thing? I remember hearing songs like "Somebody to love", and "my way" 

Rumor - A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Broadway Revival 2025
 Mar 29 2024, 10:38:10 AM

Production for "Freaky Friday 2" is close to start so that's the reason why they're together. it was rumored last year and confirmed this month https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2024-03-05/lindsay-lohan-confirms-freaky-friday-sequel-jamie-lee-curtis-disney 

Once Upon A One More Time Cast Recording
 Mar 25 2024, 01:19:18 PM

Per one of the producers, the cast recording had been planned but could not make it. He also confirmed they're trying to bring OUAOMT to the west end so he hopes for a London cast recording but nothing is confirmed yet.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Mar 22 2024, 09:44:45 AM

Dolly80 said: "Next years Tony’s are going to be way more exciting than this year.

i wouldn’t be able to choose between Brayben and Scherzinger for Bestactress.

Who knows- maybe Death Becomes Her will give some stiff competition too.
"

Agree! Just the musicals 'Sunset boulevard', 'Tammy Faye', 'Death becomes her' and possibly Mamma Mia revival in 2025 make it more exciting to me!

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Mar 22 2024, 09:20:20 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "First preview October 19, opens November 14 at the Palace. Tickets on sale at 10 am."

Tickets sale start March 27

https://tammyfayebway.com/ 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/17/24
 Mar 20 2024, 06:53:16 PM

BETTY22 said: "Neil Diamond show is losing a lot of money each week. Think they will plug the plug before announced closing date ."

They're currently advertising as "final weeks" when they're still months away from June 30th. So that gives me the idea it might either close a lot sooner than 6/30 or they want to make audience think time is running out 

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Mar 14 2024, 10:08:36 PM

MemorableUserName said: "Variety has some nice comments about the cast, but otherwise is negative:

‘The Notebook’ Review: Broadway Musical of the Popular Romance Hits All-Too-Familiar Notes

https://variety.com/2024/legit/reviews/the-notebook-review-broadway-musical-1235939025/

"The huge fanbase of the romance novel and the 2004 hit film might initially boost the box office, but it will take more than recreating that iconic rainstorm to win over other theatergoers looking for more than clichés, tropes and triggers."

That's spot on, I don't think this musical will have a long run imo

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews
 Mar 8 2024, 04:48:19 PM

BETTY22 said: "It's $1,100.000 per week......."

seriously? Oof I don't see a bright future

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/3/24
 Mar 6 2024, 04:31:03 PM

Kad said: "Once Upon a One More Time is a weird case in that it was Britney's song catalog but a story that... was mostly unrelated to Britney in any way aside from some really loose themes. It was a confused production with confused marketing."

I found quite a few coincidences between Cinderella's story and what Britney went through for the past 15 years. The idea of Cinderella being trapped and unhappy in a perfect fairy tale to the outside world,

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 Mar 4 2024, 11:11:42 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Here’s hoping DEATH BECOMES HER: The Musical (V.1) hits it out of the park in Chicago from the get-go and not need a full revamp before Broadway. A top notch cast doesn’t guarantee an excellent show so it’s up to the creative team to whip up an excellent show that eventually showcase thestellar cast. As seen countless times before, a top notch cast can’t salvage a crappy show."

That's true! But I'm more intrigued h

Mar 4 2024, 10:23:52 AM

ColorTheHours048 said: "Michelle T. Williams has been on Broadway in Aida, Chicago,and Once on This Island. She also toured with The Color Purple and Fela. She has the credentials, if that’s what you mean."

Thanks for the info! I only know her as part of Destiny's child group, which was basically Beyonce 

Mar 4 2024, 10:14:41 AM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Michelle Williams will play ViolaVan Horn

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=980601686730891
"

Can she even act? She was part of destiny's child, right? Anyway, I plan to see this musical in Chicago in May so I'm excited

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?
 Feb 23 2024, 03:20:46 PM

Ugh that was painful to watch! At least they could have tried adding a VHS effect to that music video, it would have looked like an 80s clip. Also, there's nothing rock n' roll in that video. I fear this will flop harder than 'Almost famous' 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24
 Feb 13 2024, 02:44:31 PM

BETTY22 said: "This is awful. I worry for the new musicals....none have big advances - including Alicia Keys.

Water for Elephants and Stuff are looking to raise extra money to get them to opening night. I wouldn't be surprised if one or maybe more new musicals scheduled do notopen at all.

It's rough out there..........
"

The heart of rock and roll won't make it to opening night imo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You