News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for berniesb!tch

Member Name: berniesb!tch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE OUTSIDERS to release cast album on May 22
 May 23 2024, 11:06:05 PM

I haven’t stopped listening to Hopeless War and I could talk to you for hours. I hope this wins musical and score. 

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 23 2024, 11:03:55 PM

Hello, Dolly! with Bernadette Peters will forever be my fondest theater memory. 

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 22 2024, 09:52:37 AM

EvanstonDad said: "Ok, am I the only one who actually kind of wants to see Prymate now?"

I just looked the show up. Seems bonkers and lowkey (highkey) very racist to have a black man play a gorilla with 2 white scientists.

Musicals that will never be revived on Broadway
 May 20 2024, 11:19:22 PM

For some reason I feel like we will never see a revival of Sister Act…and that’s me having no real opinion on the show besides loving Raise You Voice, Life I Never Led and Fabulous Baby. 

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 19 2024, 09:09:01 PM

berniesb!tch said: "The two shows I’ve ever walked out on were &Juliet and Hell’s Kitchen. The books just killed everything good they had going for them.

Edit: Once upon a one more time was pretty rough too! 

Some of these responses are so interesting!

"

May 19 2024, 09:07:11 PM

The two shows I’ve ever walked out on were &Juliet and Hell’s Kitchen. The books just killed everything good they had going for them. 

Some of these responses are so interesting! 

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 May 17 2024, 07:35:56 PM

I have been listening all day and have nothing to add but I could listen to Jin and Micaela sing forever. 

Who Are You?
 May 15 2024, 10:06:24 PM

I have loved reading all these responses so much (especially the GIFs)

LEMPICKA closing May 19
 May 14 2024, 10:17:43 PM

I saw this again on Mother’s Day and while it’s really imperfect there’s enough about the show that I do like at the end of the day. Amber Iman is just blowing the roof off the place. George Abud and Natalie Joy Johnson are just giving such FUN performances. Eden is there. And I appreciate the ambition, even if I feel it often fails. I’m sad to see this go. I wish it had more time. 

Who Are You?
 May 14 2024, 09:51:12 PM

I have a very odd question but I’m watching real housewives before bed and I can’t stop thinking something…..who are you all? 

I read these boards every day, almost compulsively. I get all my news here. I know people’s screen names and profile pictures by heart. Even if there are people I don’t care for on these boards, I just can’t help but be fascinated by you all. So I just would like to ask, who are you?

I&rs

Gatsby or Merrily?
 May 10 2024, 01:24:04 PM

Merrily hands down. 

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions
 May 6 2024, 04:10:47 PM

I'm shocked Stereophonic wasn't even a finalist - no shade to these shows!

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 2 2024, 11:39:07 PM

Saw this on Monday. It wasn’t awful, but it was extremely pedestrian from the direction to the book and lyrics. 

I missed Eva, but her understudy (and I hate to say this) was really not good. Would like to go back to see Eva. I thought Samantha Pauly was great. 

The biggest problem for me was that Noah Ricketts was SO much more charismatic and interesting than Jeremy Jordan. I read the book in high-school and don’t remember it super

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 09:23:59 AM

Hell's Kitchen leading the musical noms is so disappointing, one of my least favorite shows this season/ever. Really don't understand how Here Lies Love didn't make it's way into musical. Sad about Conrad as well. 

So happy for Nikki M James, Stereophonic and Jaja's though! The plays were where it was at this season! 

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 29 2024, 11:11:18 AM

This was my first year living in New York and getting to see pretty much all eligible shows (still have a few to see) tomorrow I’m really hoping 

Here Lies Love + Outsiders get a musical nom 

Conrad Ricamora + Nikki M James get supporting noms 

Stereophonic gets a play nom (pretty much the only sure bet) 

I also really hope Jaja’s gets a play nom and some acting noms. I loved that show so much!

ILLINOISE Reviews
 Apr 28 2024, 10:04:04 PM

Saw this tonight. I don’t think this type of show is for me. Beautiful dancing, beautiful music - just not for me. I am a little surprised so many people think this is the front runner for best musical, but once again that may be a personal taste thing. Glad so many are enjoying though! 

Really nice show to see on an edible tho! 

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season
 Apr 26 2024, 07:02:30 PM

This is a tough one but I have to say it’s a tie between The Soldier’s Song from Here We Are and Here Lies Love (I know it technically was off Broadway forever ago, but it was my first time hearing it in the Broadway production). 

2024 Drama League Award nominations announced
 Apr 22 2024, 02:10:51 PM

So happy to see Nikki M James included. One of my favorite performances of the season.

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 11:29:30 AM

I saw this yesterday and wow - I loved it. Probably my favorite new musical of the season so far besides Here Lies Love (I still have HK, HR&R, and Gatsby to see). Everything about this show is pretty flawless besides the book, but the other elements are so top notch, they make up for it. The Rumble was absolutely thrilling. The song Great Expectations was another major highlight. 

I really hope this gets Tony love. 

Dream Two Show Day
 Apr 17 2024, 04:25:40 PM

dramamama611 said: "1. Hugs and hopes that chemo is long behind you, never to be seen again! (f**k cancer.)

2. I think, for me it would be any two Sondheim shows, and if I had to pick two? The OBC of SITPWG and Here We Are. (or Company)

3. Dinner: Red Rooster, up in Harlem.
"

Thank you! I made a year cancer free in December thankfully! GREAT choices.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You