News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pmondrian

Member Name: pmondrian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
 Jun 6 2024, 09:23:45 AM

I don't think there are any $249 tickets left anymore.   I was looking at a $327 ticket two nights ago, and after sleeping on it, and deciding to buy it, dynamic pricing had it at $399 the next morning.

MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT Returns to Broadway - Opening Night Reviews
 Jan 28 2024, 10:40:06 AM

I was at the Jan. 26th performance, and when the Knights who say Ni change their name,  the new name had a crazy joke in it.  It was something about James Monroe Iglehart, who plays King Arthur, but neither my wife nor I followed it.  But it was so unexpectedly funny, that Iglehart burst into laughter and was unable to continue with his lines.  He had to sign to the audience to wait while he got himself back into character.  He then had a nice riposte, to which, the head Knight said something like "Well done!".

I know the new name for the Knights who say Ni  often changes.  Is Iglehart being unable to continue something unique or is this common?   The last time I saw something like this was with the Producers when Broderick adlibbed something to Nathan Lane and Lane burst into laughter and then broke the fourth wall and started speaking to the audience. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Jan 28 2024, 10:32:23 AM

I saw the 8pm  performance on Jan. 20th, when the drunk woman in the orchestra section disrupted the show.  I was to the far left of her.  I have nothing to add to what happened that others didn't report above.

I do want to say how amazing Christopher and de Waal were in their roles.  Noone would think they had been the understudies.  Christopher brought a lot of drama to Sweeney and de Waal was very good.  Her "By the Sea" song stacks up aga

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Apr 7 2023, 11:33:32 AM

Where can you buy the $48 tickets for next Thursday's opening?  I went to Telecharge and they are listed as $145 there.  Thank you!

AIN'T NO MO to close December 18
 Dec 11 2022, 10:58:37 PM

Unless production costs are dramatically reduced, or a generous sponsor  is found, the solution is to look for shows that have crossover appeal.  We are seeing many quality shows that are not finding audiences large enough to support them.  It's in part because their subject matter doesn't interest enough prospective ticket buyers.  Maybe you can successfully change that perception by ticket buyers, but given the cost of Broadway tickets, that is a tough sell. 

Extremely High Amplification at Book of Mormon
 Apr 13 2022, 08:40:43 AM

I saw a great performance of Book of Mormon last night.  But it was marred by its sound amplification, which was so high that there was audible distortion of many of the song lyrics.  I don't remember seeing a Broadway that was amped that it hurt the show.  Was this a bad night for the show or is Book of Mormon consistently like this?   

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
 Dec 4 2021, 09:44:03 AM

:"And for those here who claim that there is no common thread between the characters other than the fact that they trip on LSD... you've got to be kidding me! Do you need a house to fall on you? The show is about loss and loneliness and regret, all traits that the three (actually four) main characters share. It couldn't be more clear."

AGREED! I was shocked to see how many were saying this. The themes and character arcs are extremely clear, and these

Dec 2 2021, 02:47:08 PM

@Auggie  Very thoughtful commentary!  Thank you.   I appreciate the explanation of why a reprise of the theme song would be inappropriate.  It still feels like there needs to be a better way to end the play.  

Nov 30 2021, 11:45:26 AM

Lazarus Alas said: "

Unfortunately, they cut the Act 2 reprise of the theme song by the time a saw it again. Too bad, because that song is haunting and memorable. Both times I cried into my mask when the astonishing Carmen Cusak performed that number. A truly stunning song and performance. Both my dates and I walked out humming that tune and it is still going through my head."

We saw it for the first time on 11/26 and wondered why the theme song didn't

Nov 29 2021, 08:53:43 PM

A Director said:
1. The authors of this musical are no doubt aware of the larger social and cultural issues, but did not choose to include them in their show.

2. Sounds like you prefer shows to be tied up neat and tidy at the end.

A few responses:

1.  Yes, it's the director's choice.  But if the musical is a flop, they might want to rethink their choice.

2.  Not at all.  I liked the musical a lot and may go

Nov 29 2021, 07:40:32 PM

Auggie27 said: " I appreciate how constructive some of the posts here are, noting places where this show needs clarity, pruning, or simply to be re-thought."

My family liked the show and talked about how it could be made better.  But it all depends on what the director/writer wants to do.  Maybe he doesn't want dramatic tension or a plot?

But here are some thoughts:

1.  The play is focused on the individual experience of taking LSD.&n

Nov 29 2021, 07:28:03 PM

My family saw a matinee "Flying Over Sunset" last Friday, 11/26, and greatly enjoyed it.  The reviews here are all over the place but there are common themes to most of them.  "Flying Over Sunset" has some incredibly beautiful scenes, both musically and visually, that you don't often see on Broadway.  The scene in the ocean is incredible to watch -- especially from the Loge are -- and the "Flying Over Sunset" song is very beautiful and touching

Waitress Casting
 Nov 29 2021, 08:06:59 PM

I saw Ciara Renee on 11/27, evening performance and she was amazing.  They changed the actors for Ogie and Dr. Pomatter after that performance.  Ogie's departure was announced, but not Dr. Pomatter.  Maybe he did the matinee on 11/28?

What a great show it was!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You