News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Noideawhatimdoinghere

Member Name: Noideawhatimdoinghere
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’
 Nov 1 2023, 10:45:22 AM

Skywalker3 said: "'Sutton is in everything' comments make no sense..

Yes she was in the Music Man last season.
Before that it was allmost 10 years since she last played on Broadway in Violet (2014)

Not counting off-broadway, Encores, Londen and other places she performed.
"

Same for Aaron. He was in Moulin Rouge but that was his first Broadway show since 2011, and between that he had also done Assassins in London and Co

Oct 30 2023, 04:20:02 PM

pmensky said: Well, he didn’t have to struggle to get Tony nominations for both roles."

Bad argument. Jason Danieley is one of the greatest Broadway actors ever and has never gotten a Tony nomination. 

Oct 30 2023, 04:03:29 PM

musikman said: Aaron is a very talented performer. I’ve just seen no evidence, as of yet, that he’s anything other than a high-belting pop tenor, when the role of Sweeney requires a legit bass-baritone timbre and vocal range. Are they going to raise the keys for him? This is nothing against him whatsoever, but I think people here are right to question the (likely) casting based upon our current knowledge of his capabilities as a singer. I wouldn’t cast Patrick Page as Judas in JCS just because he’s a terrific singer and actor.

Aaron is not a baritone. And they will have to transpose some of the score. His tessitura and timbre just is not that of a baritone. He's a bonafide lyric tenor. BUT, that being said. Aaron is more than a high belting pop tenor. Not many people know that he basically trained as a classical singer his whole life before changing from classical voice major to musical theatre major in college. He's even sung both the Rodolfo aria from La Bohème and an English art song in his concerts. Have a listen to this audio of him singing Che Gelida Manina https://youtu.be/ZKPtqFzKx4c?si=SkWQk2iIlhIqufW1 I think this definitely is proof that he's got the legit vocals. He'll definitely throw in some grit and growls though, when required. He doesn't have the baritone timbre, but Sweeney has been played by tenors before. Alexander Gemignani for example. Hugh Panaro is also a tenor, though darker than Aaron. And I know that Aaron will go full out in this role and be a bat**** insane Sweeney. Plus, it's been a dream role of his for 10 years. He'll do it justice.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Oct 21 2023, 07:41:13 AM

Sondheim does not equal an option up.

Bruv, I said that he will NOT be opting up! Read my message again.

Oct 21 2023, 05:03:38 AM

binau said: "I'm not sure if we are talking about the same "Assassins" but I would not personally expect "The Ballad of Booth" if done well to be sung in a way that sounds "pure" and "sweet" - I would expect it to be passionate and broody. And there are moments in the song that I could tenuously map to sections of the score in Sweeney across songs such as No Place Like London, Barber and his Wife and Epiphany in terms of pitch and dynamics. This is why I feel it'd be a better litmus test of capability than a song such as "I'm Alive" that is clearly very high and probably why people have a hard time imagining him signing the score (recognise that if his voice has changed over time as you suggest then too much might time might have passed).

Listening to the most recent cast recording again with Steven Pasquale singing "Booth" I actually wonder if he would have been a great choice (but I guess he is tied up with 'Here We Are'.

"

It is on YouTube, so check it out and form an opinion yourself. He doesn't sound like that throughout the whole song. Just in the beginning of the "damn my soul if you must" but it grows into more brooding and powerful throughout that passage. 

Oct 21 2023, 04:15:06 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "I agree that Tveit and Foster seem totally miscast--i cant think of more wholesome actors-- but i cant imagine they would be getting anyone more famous or more likely to sell tickets than these two who are at least Broadway "names" with TONY AWARD WINNER to splash across billboards."

Has everyone forgotten Aaron's performance in Next To Normal? He can be so dark and menacing. Or his Roxanne? He's got range that not everyone k

Favorite theatre related podcasts?
 Oct 18 2023, 05:00:16 AM

Not exclusively a theatre podcast, but I really recommend the episode of Iconography (with Ayo Edebiri and Olivia Craighead) guest-starring Natalie Walker where they talk all Audra McDonald! Natalie Walker is so passionate and IN LOVE with Audra, and this trio is hilarious together, so it makes for a great listen! 

Who could replace Josh Groban?
 Oct 6 2023, 11:09:52 AM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Aaron Tveit is a super-talented guy, but I do not see him in this role at all. If they are going to go with a Broadway dude with some TV/film exposure, Raul Esparza would be more appropriate and bring in just as many (or as few) ticket sales."

His Christian & John Wilkes Booth make ME see him in the role at least. And vocally I think it would fit, which many might disagree with me on since he's known for a very light lyric teno

Who could replace Josh Groban?
 Oct 6 2023, 04:16:45 AM

Where did you hear that the show was closing? 

Aaron Tveit is learning the show (won't tell you how I know that). He has been very vocal about wanting to play Sweeney since..really since 2013. But especially this year that Sweeney is actually running.  He also has Tommy Kail connections. He's also a big enough name to extend the show's run or keep it going, and he's a good friend to Annaleigh Ashford. Otherwise I've also heard the Gyllenhaal rumor. I r

ALNM revival rumor...
 Oct 5 2023, 06:49:00 AM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Y’all just type things sometimes and really do believe it, huh."

I know. If I had just seen that one tweet I wouldn't have believed it, but the rumor had been circulating for a while. And had a producer linked to it. And oftentimes..rumors turn out to be true in the Bway community. Not saying this revival would ever happen. Because now, context has been provided in my case. But it definitely seems to have been a concept. A concept that T

ALNM revival rumor...
 Oct 4 2023, 03:55:35 PM

Jarethan said: "Noideawhatimdoinghere said: "Seen people on Twitter talk about a rumored revival of A Little Night Music? With Julie Andrews? And saying that Sc*tt R*din would be attached? I remember seeing a rumor about this from the tiktok guy (not even gonna say his name, I don't even want to remember his existenced) about there being a revival of it with Cate Blanchett and Aaron Tveit. Anyone know anything legitimate about this rumored revival? I sure hope Rudin isn&

ALNM revival rumor...
 Oct 4 2023, 10:15:41 AM

jacobsnchz14 said: "The other names "floating around" this rumor were Aaron Tveit and Sierra Boggess."

yeah yeah yeah, Aaron was mentioned in my message too. I would actually love to see him do Night Music (his Carl-Magnus would be amazing. He'd get to show off his comedy himbo chops and legit vocal chops. it would be wonderful. pun intended) but not like thissss not with this production team

ALNM revival rumor...
 Oct 4 2023, 10:08:34 AM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "It is very much a real project. It would have happened by now but 1) the two year shutdown 2) the cancellation of Rudin.

it really is sad though because it was planned to be announced end of 2020 with an open of fall 2021. (Tveit was scheduled to leave MR in June 2020).
I hope that someone can pick up the pieces and make it happen but I’m becoming realistic. It would have to happen in the next year
"

But...without Rudi

ALNM revival rumor...
 Oct 4 2023, 09:35:39 AM

Seen people on Twitter talk about a rumored revival of A Little Night Music? With Julie Andrews? And saying that Sc*tt R*din would be attached? I remember seeing a rumor about this from the tiktok guy (not even gonna say his name, I don't even want to remember his existenced) about there being a revival of it with Cate Blanchett and Aaron Tveit. Anyone know anything legitimate about this rumored revival? I sure hope Rudin isn't attached to it... And I don't think he would be. Hope

Vocal fachs of these musical theatre performers?
 Jul 4 2022, 06:01:51 PM

idk if you’re just having fun with using fach as a pun or if you’re just very rude while also doing the pun-thing. if it’s the second one I just don’t get why you’re being like this. if you don’t know what that term means you can get the fach out yourself and Google it. all I did was Ask a simple, harmless question that I can’t understand why it’s being responded to so negatively. 

Jul 4 2022, 04:45:58 PM

All the performers I listed are (/were) classically trained singers, so I don’t see why it can’t be? And I’ve seen too many people to count use that system in musical theatre and other genres of music too. Laura Benanti refers to herself as a coloratura soprano, Audra McDonald refers to herself as a lyric soprano, and the list goes on. Even musical theatre performers themselves use these fachs

Jul 4 2022, 04:16:49 PM

because I want to know what type of soprano she was? 

Jul 4 2022, 04:00:26 PM

Can anyone help me with the vocal fachs of these performers:

•Jason Danieley 
•Aaron Tveit
•Marin Mazzie
•Jessica Vosk

I know their voice types, I know Aaron and Jason are tenors and that Marin was and that Jessica is a soprano, but I’d love to know their fachs too

MOULIN ROUGE! Reopening Night Thread
 Jun 3 2022, 03:02:09 PM

Wait when/where did Danny say that?

Vocal Ranges/Types
 Apr 11 2022, 09:04:12 AM

Derek Klena is a tenor. Though, the key you're singing in does not determine what voice type you have.

Christian Borle is also a tenor.

Jessie Mueller is a soprano.

Laura Osnes is a soprano.

Aaron Tveit is a tenor.

Megan Hilty is a soprano.

Drew Gehling is a tenor.

Betsy Wolfe is a soprano.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You