#2SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:35am

Amazing cast!!!

Oh look, a bibu!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#3SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:36am

HOLY CRAP! This is gonna be a great revival! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#4SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:37am

Fascinated that this take is decidedly treating Sweeney as a tenor. Had there ever been a Pirelli who has covered Sweeney? 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
JanMaxwellsBag
#5SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:38am

Wow that’s fantastic!

NGL I would want to see Jeanna de Waal as Lovett rather than Ashford. 

I could use a prince to save me from my prince.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#6SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:40am

I wonder if Nicholas Christopher will end up as the Sweeney alternate if they opt to add in an 8th show each week?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:41am

Wowza....glad I already have my tickets!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#8SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:41am

JanMaxwellsBag said: "Wow that’s fantastic!

NGL I would want to see Jeanna de Waal as Lovett rather than Ashford.
"

THIS! Just have de Waal & Christopher be the alternates and add in Tuesday evening shows.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

hearthemsing22
#9SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:44am

WILL BE GETTING MY TICKET ASAP

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:51am

This is going to be a very expensive ticket to get.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#11SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:52am

I am also praying for Ruthie’s stamina. How is she going to do this, Piazza and Here Lies Love all in the same season, as well as be the mother to young children? Ruthie-  you are insane and I love you.!

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#12SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:03am

How do people here feel about Jordan Fisher? My only opinion is based on him in Rent Live, which probably isn't a fair representation of him (I hope).

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#13SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:07am

ACL2006 said: "This is going to be a very expensive ticket to get."

I got my tickets way back in September. They were Orchestra Right Center and I think they were like $150. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#14SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:09am

FANtomFollies said: "How do people here feel about Jordan Fisher? My only opinion is based on him in Rent Live, which probably isn't a fair representation of him (I hope)."

He's also worked with Thomas Kail twice before. First on Grease: Live, then when he took over for Anthony Ramos in Hamilton on Broadway. I think he's a talented performer.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#15SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:09am

I’ll be playing lottery for this often, even if only to find out how hard it will be to win. 

Oh look, a bibu!

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#16SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:10am

QueenAlice said: "I am also praying for Ruthie’s stamina. How is she going to do this, Piazza and Here Lies Love all in the same season, as well as be the mother to young children? Ruthie- you are insane and I love you.!"

I mentioned this in a previous thread, but Ruthie is not doing Here Lies Love. She was offered HLL, but chose to do Sweeney Todd instead. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#17SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:13am

QueenAlice said: "Fascinated that this take is decidedly treating Sweeney as a tenor. Had there ever been a Pirelli who has covered Sweeney?"

Nick Christopher is very much a baritone. So he either has a higher range that I haven’t heard before, or they’ll drop the Pirelli keys.

I’d gladly see him and Jeanna on, if they do an 8th show each week.

The one whose stamina I’m worried about is Jordan F. Didn’t he have major attendance issues “company member issues” in DEH?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#18SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:17am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "QueenAlice said: "Fascinated that this take is decidedly treating Sweeney as a tenor. Had there ever been a Pirelli who has covered Sweeney?"

Nick Christopher is very much a baritone. So he either has a higher range that I haven’t heard before, or they’ll drop the Pirelli keys.

I’d gladly see him and Jeanna on, if they do an 8th show each week.

The one whose stamina I’m worried about is Jordan F. Didn’t he have major attendance issues “company member issues” in DEH?
"

Yes, Jordan was frequently out in DEH.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#19SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:19am

Now I want to see how they handle the billing. Because Gaten will sell some real tickets if they bill him alongside Groban & Ashford.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#20SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:22am

They should really add an 8th performance now(Mon or Tue evenings) with the two standbys to off-set the expensive tickets this is demanding.

hearthemsing22
#21SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:23am

So far I looked at ticket prices and if you do not mind sitting far back, the least expensive ticket is less than $70...

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#22SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:24am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "QueenAlice said: "Fascinated that this take is decidedly treating Sweeney as a tenor. Had there ever been a Pirelli who has covered Sweeney?"

"

Interesting. I saw him as Burr in Hamilton and he's definitely at least a "high baritone" - I mean he's played John in Miss Saigon, so he's probably got at least a solid A/Ab. When Christian Borle played Pirelli, he did the really high notes in falsetto (if I remember correctly), which is fine because it's supposed to be comically high anyway.

Also interesting that they are calling him the "standby" when he is already in the cast, so he's technically an understudy, but I guess "understudy" is a dirty word for some people ha ha.

Updated On: 12/14/22 at 10:24 AM

ElephantLoveMedley
#23SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:28am

The cast is uniformly excellent but Ruthie will be insanely good. This is clearly shaping up to be the theatrical event of the spring. 

wewdie
#24SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:30am

Do we know yet if this will be an open run, or with those names in the cast, is this a limited engagement?  Ticketmaster is selling through September.  Do we think it will close then? 

hearthemsing22
#25SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:36am

wewdie said: "Do we know yet if this will be an open run, or with those names in the cast, is this a limited engagement? Ticketmaster is selling through September. Do we think it will close then?"

Hm. Hard to say. Josh Groban was with Great Comet for a while. Maybe it will stay open but the cast will change?