News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bwaygurl2

Member Name: Bwaygurl2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MACBETH 2022 Previews
 Apr 22 2022, 07:43:18 AM

JBroadway said: "Tina Benko is on in an ensemble track. According to Sam Gold’s pre-show speech, she was asked to join the show YESTERDAY, and was flown in from Texas last minute. Script in hand, but she’s doing great.

There’s some track-splitting going on too. Danny Wollohan’s Porter was fantastic. I could hardly believe that wasn’t his regular role.
"

I read this as "Julie Benko" at first and thought "how

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 21 2022, 02:37:10 PM

WestEndGal said: 

I still think Lea Michele would have been amazing in this role, and I have no shame in saying that. I’m not a particular Lea fan but she has the voice and acting skills imo - she had really good comic chops in Glee.

Do people not understand how passe Lea Michele is? She was an "IT GIRL" ten years ago. Mounting an expensive production around a has been would be a waste of time. 

SOME LIKE IT HOT- Starts at the Shubert November 1
 Apr 21 2022, 07:30:52 AM

CableCableCable said: "I am not Trans

I am friends with and love a lot of Trans people

They say there should not be a show about: a man dressing as a woman to trick people.

We should believe Trans people.

Broadway should be about the best of us.

"

Your trans friends aren't the arbiter of what should or should not be on Broadway. Different folks have different ideas about these things. 

David Mamet on Bill Maher's REAL TIME: 75% of theater audiences are NYC tourists
 Apr 18 2022, 10:00:21 AM

TotallyEffed said: "People aren’t talking about this because David Mamet isn’t relevant in the mainstream tbh"

Exactly. Playwrights just aren't as relevant as they were in the mid-twentieth century. I wish this wasn't the case.

Mamet probably peaked in the cultural zetgeist thirty years ago. That being said, he's about as close as you could get in this day and age to a "household name" playwright. 

HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE Previews
 Apr 17 2022, 05:09:18 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "If you see Mary Louise Parker on stage enough you start to sound like a broken record, saying she’s “extraordinary”, but she truly is and I can’t think of any other word to describe her. Seeing this today and up close, she shows us yet again, she’s one of the great stage actresses we have and maybe ever have had.

The fact they’re all older now and playing the same roles has only, I imagine, made their perform

Apr 14 2022, 02:58:00 PM

joevitus said: "Auggie27 said: "
"It's a common misconception (as indicated by the people who liked your comment) but no: when it comes, to music and musical terms, a crescendo is a gradual increase in loudness, not the highest, loudest moment."

Except I'm not discussing music. My sentence that you cite says, musical comedy, meaning a show. The book scenes, the storytelling. The show itselffeatures builds

David Mamet on Bill Maher's REAL TIME: 75% of theater audiences are NYC tourists
 Apr 11 2022, 03:43:57 PM

Dan6 said: "As the son of a devoted and beloved career teacher, I'll now be skipping the American Buffalo revival, thank you very much."

Apparently all royalties of this play go to his ex-wife so he isn't making money off of it at least. 

Mar 31 2022, 11:36:22 AM

Skip23 said: "Last night I posted my thoughts on FUNNY GIRL and today the post has disappeared. If the moderators delete posts, do they ever give reasons why they do so?"

Probably the racism? 

Mar 31 2022, 08:01:15 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "CarlosAlberto said: "Dollypop said:

"Not Loretta Swit?"

I vote for Loretta to replace Jane Lynch as Mrs. Brice. We need more Loretta Swit in our lives.
"

Uh ... Loretta Swit is 84. Fanny's great-grandmother?
"

UH...IT. WAS. A. JOKE.
"

But like all of dollypops tired "jokes" it isn't funny. Henc

Mar 31 2022, 07:59:48 AM

Skip23 said: 

Casting is a sh*t show. Only believable performer paired with her role is Toni DuBuono as Mrs Strakosh. Jane Lynch may be off-handedly (that word!) humorous, but she seems to skit around the role of the ultimate Jewish Mother (!!!!!) rather than landing on obvious mannerisms. Which, in this case, would have been refreshing to revisit.Jared Grimes as Eddie Ryan (???) doesn't work. Nice tapping, but the racial switch adds nothing to the character. T

Mar 30 2022, 08:23:52 AM

JAS: What an excellent review. It's trustworthy to me because you obviously aren't trying to tear the leading lady down,but offer valid criticism. I feel like I have a good idea of where this production is at even though I haven't attended. I hope you will post more.

Mar 30 2022, 05:55:55 AM

Theatrelover1975 said: "Just talked to a friend who is a dresser in the show, and they say Beanie is a complete nightmare backstage. She’s totally diva mode. Bossing people around and yelling at them. It doesn’t help her case. Yikes!"

Criticizing her performance is fair game. But a post like this is bull ****. Spreading rumors here and feeding into the "she's a b*tch" narrative that so many women in entertainment get smeared with. 

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 29 2022, 01:30:08 AM

Synecdoche2 said: "Saw this tonight.

All I will say is somebody, somewhere, at some point in this process should have pulled the plug.
"

Was Jane really that bad? 

Mar 28 2022, 12:40:01 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "BrodyFosse123 said:

FUNNY GIRL the name is selling tickets - not Beanie’s or anyone else’s name above the title. Fans of the legendary 1968 film are why folks are excited about this revival and what is prompting folks to buy tickets. Everyone I know could care less about Beanie.

Well, those “folks” you speak of are in for a huge disappointment…from what I’ve read the Broadway stage ve

Mar 26 2022, 05:33:39 PM

poisonivy2 said: "Don't think Barbra will go. She's an extremely introverted person who doesn't like to do big public events."

She and James have been spotted at Broadway shows in the past. 

Mar 24 2022, 09:57:51 PM

Henry Street actually sounds fun in this clip. It's always the song I skip on the OBC. 

Mar 24 2022, 06:16:11 PM

Sutton Ross said: "..so all the haters can be quiet now :)

Trying to control people on the internet must be so exhausting for you.

Ramin sounds incredible, Jared looks amazing. Sadly, a thin nasal voice (Christina Applegate or Anna Kendrick) does nothing for me or this production. Oh well. The rest of it will be amazing, Im sure!
"

The only exhausting person on this thread, as per usual, is you.

Beanie sounds like so many who sing

Cock play. Broadwa
 Apr 5 2022, 03:12:37 AM

binau said: 

Wishing Taron well can and should continue to be discussed in this thread if people want to, it just has nothing to do with the issue that is also being discussed. There is no need to draw any connection between these issues. And I love being able to reference this case with ‘The Producers’ musical because we are on a Broadway forum, but of course someone instead of just accepting in good faith I am trying to be playful has to say it’s

Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining
 Mar 23 2022, 04:31:22 AM

JSquared2 said: "OhHiii said: "I just don't know that I truly believe Ivo even likes the medium of theatre. His recent work typically does all it can to NOT be theatrical and instead an audio/visual spectacle."

Your comment baffles me. Do you believe that theatre should NOT be audio or visual in nature?? If so, you are confusing theatre with reading a book.
"

They are referring to use of video in live theater.

Barbara Meier Gustern has died of her injuries
 Mar 16 2022, 11:20:23 AM

I'm glad they have clear footage of the perpetrator. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You