News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MasterThespian 2

Member Name: MasterThespian 2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

London/West End in July
 May 15 2024, 08:18:03 PM

Operation Mincemeat has a new cast (one original performer remains) and rumor has it they are extremely talented. 

Any new DORIAN GRAY rumors?
 May 10 2024, 08:31:53 PM

Fantastic news. Thanks for posting.

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 8 2024, 07:48:39 PM

Have never seen a performance there. Any seats to avoid? 

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York
 May 8 2024, 07:23:47 PM

Looks like a new Mincemeat cast is starting. Does anyone  know these names?

https://www.westendtheatre.com/233115/news/operation-mincemeat-reveals-new-cast-to-join-the-hit-west-end-show/

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York
 May 8 2024, 01:31:24 PM

On a slightly related topic, does anyone know how long the original cast plans to stick with the show on the West End?

May 6 2024, 03:58:00 PM

binau said: "I absolutely love Operation Mincemeat. I’m just a little afraid if it will not find an audience in New York."

Apologize for highjacking my own thread, but curious about your comment above. I’m seeing Operation Mincemeat in September. Do you think that some Americans may find the humor “too British”? Or is it something else? Would love to hear your thoughts.

May 5 2024, 12:24:44 PM

binau said: "I haven't heard any more buzz, but I DID see the show yesterday for the first time and I'm quite convinced that this will make its way to Broadway if they can make schedules work and book a theatre. I felt the same way after seeing Nicole's Sunset Boulevard a couple times. It is obvious there is magic happening in the theatre and a clear commercial proposition. I would be more convinced Dorian Gray will make it to Broadway than Operation Mincemeat, for exampl

May 5 2024, 07:32:25 AM

This West End production looks extremely interesting. There was a bit of buzz that it might be coming to Broadway. Anyone hearing rumors they care to share? Thanks. 

Recent stage door experiences at Enemy of the People?
 May 4 2024, 05:13:00 PM

Attended a Saturday evening performance a few weeks ago. Jeremy and Michael could not have been nicer or more accommodating. There was a large crowd waiting, but was well-behaved. No pushing. No shoving. Both Jeremy and Michael made sure everyone got their Playbill signed. They also talked quite a bit with the crowd. Very patient and gracious. 

London/West End in July
 Apr 25 2024, 05:53:06 PM

Think you already have a solid list. I’ll be in London in September and already have tickets for Operation Mincemeat. No idea if any of the current cast will still be performing, but if not, I’m sure they’ll find some fantastic replacements. 

Stage Door Experiences Lately
 Apr 8 2024, 06:02:29 PM

Ptero2 said: "Enemy of the People was surprisingly chill. Was able to get a spot on the railing without rushing out, and the main cast almost all came out (including Jeremy and Michael, who were both lovely)."

I echo this. Saw Enemy last weekend. Lots of people along the gates, but no pushing or shoving. Everyone behaved. Jeremy and Michael were both great. Very patient and gracious. Made sure everyone got an autograph. 

MOTHER PLAY seating question
 Apr 4 2024, 06:25:32 AM

Caught a few video clips of the actors taking their bows. Hard to tell, but looks like the stage design is centered…nothing much to the far left or right. 

Apr 3 2024, 07:15:11 PM

Thanks for the responses. For Appropriate, I sat against the wall in Row G in Orchestra Right (OR). Missed a bit of the action (hence the partial view), but seemed like the actors were facing OR more. Guess we’ll find out more after tonight.

Apr 3 2024, 11:50:05 AM

MOTHER PLAY opens with previews starting tonight. Would greatly appreciate it if anyone attending can share their thoughts on seating—specifically Orchestra Left vs Orchestra Right. 
Thank you in advance. 

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?
 Mar 18 2024, 01:44:25 PM

Man, so many miserable cranks here. Don’t like Ben, don’t go. Did he steal your boyfriends? So much venom. SMH

CBS Sunday Morning Did Not Ask Nicholas Sparks About Racist/Homophobic Comments
 Mar 17 2024, 08:02:01 PM

The perpetually and easily offended are at it again. Must be exhausting to be that annoying.

Mar 9 2024, 06:16:45 PM

DOUBT 2024 Previews
 Mar 9 2024, 06:16:35 PM

Wow. I attended last night’s performance and Liev appeared fine. No issues at all. Enjoyed the play quite a bit. 

DOUBT 2024 Previews
 Feb 12 2024, 06:22:24 PM

Has Amy Ryan started rehearsals yet? 

MOTHER PLAY casting question
 Feb 9 2024, 07:49:57 PM

I’m a bit confused (not a rare occurrence). The synopsis on Mother Play mentions a mother overseeing the move of her two teenage children into an apartment.” But those teens are being played by Jim Parsons and Celia Keenan-Bolger, who are 50 and 46 respectively. So, are they actually portraying teenagers? Are they reflecting back on events that occurred many years ago? Or something else? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You