News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BillyFan2

BillyFan2 Profile Photo
Member Name: BillyFan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway
 Dec 21 2005, 10:44:40 AM
Equity will often make exceptions for established stars.
DES and MEL
 Dec 20 2005, 06:43:24 AM
I'm at work but the Sky+ is set !!
Broadway
 Dec 20 2005, 05:36:25 AM
Maybe some of our american friends can help us on this, but I believe there are some strong equity rules on who can and can't perform on Broadway. Recently an 11 year old British boy was blocked by equity from appearing in Tarzan on Broadway as he was British and there were American actors that could do the part: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/95675.html
I guess the trade unions here are weak sisters.
 Dec 20 2005, 03:17:31 AM
Please note that L.M has nothing to do with the show and his forecasts thus far on this board have been nothing short of pitiful. As to it all being British actors, I strongly doubt that will be the case.
Billy to hit Broadway 2007
 Dec 19 2005, 04:41:28 PM
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/96908.html
Mine is in the order queue
 Dec 19 2005, 03:59:02 PM
I'm not sure the musical would have ever been made without Elton John. A chance meeting between Stephen Daldry, Lee Hall and Elton at the Cannes film festival where the film was showing let 5 years down the road to the musical as it is. I love most of the songs. I love the anthemic Stars Look Down and Once we were Kings especially. Electricity is wonderful but if you haven't had the chance to see Liam performing it at Children in Need this year then you need to take a look as it is 100 times bet
Brilliant! That's it exactly.
 Dec 19 2005, 03:01:57 AM
Not really. I think that the girls are supposed to perform a move that looks like them carrying Baskets of Pansies. Someone have a better explanation?
I am separated from Englanders by a common language!
 Dec 19 2005, 02:29:06 AM
To the person wondering about the jokes, each pair tend to have their own but on the OCR you can here the dialogue much better than when it's live.
I am separated from Englanders by a common language!
 Dec 19 2005, 02:27:02 AM
"Baskets of Pansies ladies" I think is the line if I remember correctly.
GMTV
 Dec 17 2005, 03:53:08 PM
The musical seems to have some rules:

Don't speak it if you can sing it, don't sing it if you can dance it.

BEtM is not a story designed to fit between hit songs, the songs are there as a part of the story. Are they all big show stopping songs, no. Do they fit the musical and help tell a wonderful story, yes. I would strongly suggest you go to see the musical. Basing your opinion on sound clips from a website is like judging a film by some pictures in a magazine.

GMTV
 Dec 16 2005, 05:56:10 AM
I'm fairly sure it was live and the Christmas tree in the background would go with that.
I use TheatreMonkey for my printed seating chart
 Dec 14 2005, 03:19:57 AM
My bad. Out on Jan 9th in the UK. Out on DVD to rent now though.
liam
 Dec 10 2005, 04:28:17 AM
My OCR just arrived in the post. Shhhh, don't disturb me for the next hour or so :P
Seeing as how I only saw George just one time ....
 Dec 8 2005, 12:04:41 AM
It had already been said that although George's official leaving night would be 3rd December, he would be doing the odd night up until Xmas to help out.
Videos
 Dec 7 2005, 04:48:53 AM
Woohoo. 3000 posts
The future of Billy
 Dec 7 2005, 04:29:11 AM
Indeed Wicked is due in the Victoria Apollo next Autumn after a brief run of Moving Out.
re: Footlight Has Billy Elliot OLC!
 Dec 5 2005, 02:51:49 PM
The second disc has Elton John singing the same three songs he added to the Peachtree Road album from Billy Elliot.
Billy Elliot in West End
 Dec 5 2005, 02:00:39 AM
I somehow doubt that Billy Elliot will finish on the West End in 2006. It's still sold out every night and they aren't going to lose that Cash cow. That doesn't mean of course that it can't and won't move theatres.
pictures from evening standard awards
 Nov 29 2005, 04:37:23 PM
Most sound like Liam. The Letter Reprise doesn't sound like Liam and it is in a lower key than The Letter so that may be one of the others.
Christmas Eve show
 Nov 29 2005, 10:50:12 AM
I didn't listen to them all but on the ones I listened to it was Liam performing.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You