News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AlmostFamous3

AlmostFamous3 Profile Photo
Member Name: AlmostFamous3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 25 2024, 08:32:19 AM

ACL2006 said: "Eden has now been out for a week. Kudos to Mariand for holding her own in this dumpster fire of a show."

Eden was on when I was at the show Tuesday night. And she was great but clearly suffering. LOVED every minute of this "dumpster fire"

Lempicka false advertising
 Apr 20 2024, 10:39:35 AM

Wah, there's so much hate on this board. It's perfectly okay to criticize things, but the pure hate towards everything related to this show on this board is baffling (Eden should've performed sick? Really?). Calm down, move on.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 17 2024, 10:36:08 PM

Attended the matinee today for a second viewing and was disappointed to miss Eden, but the performance was ELECTRIC. Mariand was terrific, and it's hard to believe this was her first time in that role on that stage. Her voice was clearly not tired from singing this score for 8 shows a week, so she easily hit all those notes... Incredible energy from a 1 PM matinee audience too, with a mid-show standing ovation (that made Mariand visibly break character and tear up).

I personally love the piece and would get that OBCR as soon as it's out, but one thing I still find upsetting is how terrible Andrew Samonsky's role is (‘the husband&rsquo... he is such a great actor (used to watch him in SOUTH PACIFIC on repeat) but what he is given is just a boring mess. 

I think they managed to get the show right post-previews. Don't understand all the negativity here (and on the critics side), I bet it's mostly from people who just enjoy being negative for the sake of it. But oh well, I'll definitely be returning!

LEMPICKA Previews
 Mar 20 2024, 07:00:29 AM

A complete surprise for me as well. Everything just clicked together, and the score is something you'd want to listen to again and again. Did not expect it to be this ready at this stage, but it's in pretty great shape and I feel it's definitely a contender in the Best Musical race. Eden and Amber are terrific. Will it survive the bloodbath of new musicals this season? Hopefully... Will post a more detailed review later on.

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December
 Jan 3 2024, 02:50:28 PM

The physical release will be manufactured on demand.

Waitress the Musical Now Available on DVD and Blu-Ray

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December
 Dec 9 2023, 03:54:51 PM

Amazon Prime has this listed for pre-order, UHD version priced at $15

Waitress the Musical Sets Digital, DVD, and Blu-Ray Release

SPACE DOGS musical at MCC
 Oct 6 2022, 01:46:09 PM

This is coming to BroadwayHD in a few days

Filmed Space Dogs Musical to Be Released This Month

HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL On The Roku Channel - News & Discussion Thread
 Sep 8 2022, 05:44:19 PM

ggersten said: "So, is this streaming once on 16 September? or will it be available for viewing later?"

Streaming for free on September 16th in the US and Canada. No subscription or roku stick needed 

How to stream Heathers

Roku will stream the Heathers pro-shot for free
 Aug 2 2022, 09:55:37 AM

Well, that's an interesting decision. The musical will stream for free on the Roku channel starting September 16.

Filmed Heathers: The Musical to Stream Free as Roku Original

Trevor the Musical on Disney+
 Jun 26 2022, 09:56:35 AM

I didn't see anything posted on this recently, so was wondering if anyone watched it?

It's a very important story that i'm happy is now there for all to watch, especially on a platform like Disney Plus. The Diana Ross numbers and her little additions to the plot really improve the otherwise forgettable "13"-like score and the thin plot. But it's still a fun watch and i'm glad it's out there.

Disney+ Trailer

Trevor the Musical Streams This Week

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022
 Jun 22 2022, 03:57:54 PM

The London cast recording of this production is really great. I know many love the Broadway cast, but there's really no reason to record it twice.

Six the Musical to Be Filmed for Release With Original Cast
 Jun 7 2022, 09:37:34 AM

Great news considering how successful the show is. I bet this will help ticket sales in a "experience the concert live" way

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You