News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RAR85558

Member Name: RAR85558
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MOTHER PLAY seating question
 Apr 22 2024, 08:00:29 PM

I was in Row E Seat 8 (against the wall) which was designated partial view. It was definitely somewhat obstructed, but I think it was still ok. What was much worse than the view was the seat. Incredibly tight and very uncomfortable. It was an ordeal to sit there for an hour and forty five minutes. I'd be careful buying anything too close to the wall. 

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Apr 20 2024, 05:54:20 AM

I saw this two weeks ago, before all these raves, and I was truly transported. About 40 minutes in, I kind of stopped the show in my mind and thought "I am seeing one of the best shows of the last several years." It is amazing. And if you are able to sit close, you will truly feel trapped in that recording studio with them, which in this case is a good thing. Spectacular performances as well.  I can't wait to go back to see this cast again.

<

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
 Oct 18 2023, 01:34:23 AM

Why is this show not Off-Broadway? How could the use of a Broadway house possibly be justified for someone unknown in the US? And hearing about the ticket prices makes it even less appealing. I always wonder who makes these decisions. I do acknowledge that I could be completely wrong, but even if the show is well-reviewed and great, will people go? 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews
 Sep 20 2023, 07:54:36 PM

I was disappointed by the "stapled playbill" for sure, but the expensive merch was quite nice. Also, the photo booth in the lobby was pretty great, for those who were willing to wait for the chance to jump in and get a picture. 

I was on the side in the second row of the Dress Circle, and found the sound to be quite lacking. Could have been where I was sitting, but it didn't sound great to me.

Nothing will ever be as amazing as the NY Theatre Workshop version,

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews
 Sep 19 2023, 12:55:58 PM

I completely agree with you. That curtain was so distracting, even in a near perfect production. I am going tonight, so I will have an answer tomorrow. I cannot wait to see it, even though I was lucky enough to see the NY Theatre Workshop version three times. 

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Dec 30 2022, 02:57:32 PM

I would say this - get there a minimum of three hours before showtime. Closer to four would be better. Make sure that you talk to the others in line (unless you are first) to see how many tickets they are buying, so you know your chances. Don't let anyone tell you they are holding a place for anyone. Not allowed. Each person is allowed to purchase two tickets max. It seems (for the most part) that the max tickets that could turn up are six to eight. Be prepared to be offered tickets for a

Dec 24 2022, 04:16:41 PM

I had mentioned in another post that I would be trying the cancellation line. So, here is my story. I took the train from Phila and booked a hotel so I would have 3 chances to try "the line" This was Thurs 12/22 eve and Fri 12/23 mat and eve. I went from the train to hotel for a bag drop and then to the line. Arrived at 4:45pm and was 8th in line. About 5pm, the first person was called to the box office. Then soon after the next 2 were called and then the next 2 were called. The nex

Dec 21 2022, 12:06:24 AM

Thank you so much for this detailed info. I am going to try this in a few days, so you have prepared me for the magnitude of waiting that long. I was remembering heavy coat, gloves, and scarf, but forgot that a double pair of socks would also be needed. Glad that you got in and thanks again for the info.

Nov 26 2022, 08:29:21 PM

Go to the Jan 22 date and click on it. You'll see the seating chart.

Nov 23 2022, 04:14:31 PM

You are extremely lucky. I have been hitting the refresh button every few minutes, and nothing but the SOLD OUT letters appear. It really is a matter of the exact time that you happen to refresh. Oh well, you give us hope!

Nov 23 2022, 02:20:21 PM

Wow - I have been refreshing as well (and getting very little work done) Nothing for me.

Enjoy - that is excellent!

Nov 23 2022, 01:22:27 PM

Bravo! That is excellent. Have a great time. Sunday is the day that I was trying to get a ticket.

I was officially notified a little after 12pm today that I had NOT won the lottery for tonight. 

Sounds like perhaps the website and in person are the best way to do it. Wish that I didn't have to get from Phila to NYC each time to wait in line!

Question about resale (Merrily We Roll Along)
 Nov 11 2022, 03:39:53 AM

I am also in the "absolutely desperate to get a ticket" crowd. I love this musical so much, and the three leads are absolutely perfect casting for it. If anyone should have a single for Nov 21 - Nov 27 that they would be willing to sell, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You