News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for waitwhat0223

Member Name: waitwhat0223
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Nov 18 2022, 12:27:17 AM
I got goosebumps all over listening to the album, especially the last song, Finale Act 2. I just adore the way Lea shouts out “That’s life in the theatre.” It’s marvelous.
Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Oct 8 2022, 11:19:53 PM

joevitus said: "Penna2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Penna2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Did I miss something? Is Netflix filming a proshot with Michele and is Murph producing?"

Wow! Every word in my post is clearly…
"

You speak, the world listens. Kind of like the wedding in the Hamptons. That was you, too, wasn't it? Could be prophetic. I love it, keeps life interesting.laugh
"

This one is too logistically possible: Netflix has filmed live performances and Ryan Murphy’s projects for them are globally successful plus he’s close pals with Lea - even owning the rights to FUNNY GIRL at one point, so it’s all logical. Her critically praised performance in the musical adds even more to the quotient.
"

Completely agree. You know Broadway better than anyone. He wanted Ramin back in 2019, so the casting would be perfect for him. I think it would be a slam dunk, might even get me subscribing to Netflix."

Netflix has voiced no interest. Murphy has voiced no interest. No one from the production has voiced an interest. I'd be surprised if even Lincoln Center records this, and if they do, the only likely reason will be that they never got around to doing it earlier in the show's run.

This conversation is stan obsession at fever pitch."

Lea did just start a month ago and was absent for 10 days during COVID. So it’s still pretty early. Maybe a lot of the people in power haven’t even her performance yet. So I want to stay cautiously positive. Also I think they didn’t record Beanie’s version intentionally. I mean can you imagine the amount of criticism Beanie was gonna receive if they released her whole performance for the world to see…That would just be brutal and not good for the show.

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Oct 4 2022, 10:09:41 AM

Had to create an account so I can come here to say this: Has anyone watched Lea’s Cornet Man clip? Her voice in this song is soooooo satisfying. The belting seems so perfect and effortless. 
Also, is it rare that a Broadway show makes a cast recording with a replacement but not the opening lead? I’m only asking this because being an International fan during this COVID pandemic, it’s almost impossible for me to travel to NYC to see Lea live and a cast recording is m

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You