News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NotASoundtrack

Member Name: NotASoundtrack
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HELL'S KITCHEN to open at the Shubert Theatre this spring
 Feb 28 2024, 11:03:19 PM

Looks like Alicia Keys will be at the box office opening tomorrow https://x.com/aliciakeys/status/1762999860125401186?s=46

NY, NY may be on its way but to closing-NY Post
 Jul 31 2023, 12:08:04 AM

perfectpenguin said: "Kimbo said: "Up In One said: "There were many empty seats in the back of the orchestra - if second acting is still a thing this show is worth a look - if for nothing other than Colton Ryan’s Jimmy - he’s giving a master class."

A master class in what? Weird mannerisms, pitch problems, off-putting characterization, and possibly the mushiest diction I’ve ever heard on stage?? (On one of the few songs I was a

NY, NY may be on its way to closing-NY Post
 Jul 18 2023, 06:26:52 PM

songanddanceman2 said: "NotASoundtrack said: "Voter said: "I sent my sister and mother this weekend... texted me at intermission they were bored and didn't understand the plot, but wanted to stay for the title number at the end.

My sister tried googling the plot and said she ended up more confused?
"

“A love letter to big city gusto! It has what Broadway lovers want– spectacular stagecraft, a winning score, and infectio

Jul 18 2023, 05:36:41 PM

Voter said: "I sent my sister and mother this weekend... texted me at intermission they were bored and didn't understand the plot, but wanted to stay for the title number at the end.

My sister tried googling the plot and said she ended up more confused?
"

“A love letter to big city gusto! It has what Broadway lovers want– spectacular stagecraft, a winning score, and infectious optimism.” This opens in a new window. A group

Jul 18 2023, 05:12:30 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Calling the two leads “not great singers” is laughably outrageous. I strongly disagree with calling them “charmless” (particularly Colton Ryan who I think is arguably one of the most charming male performers on Broadway right now), but that’s much more subjective…but “not great singers” is once again an exaggeration of you maybe not liking their performances, which is fine. Anyone can search up a video of both of

Jul 18 2023, 03:41:47 PM

Robbie2 said: "Reason why this failed and another bomb for Stro is : 1) she cast the 2 leads with average charmless talent and both are unremarkable and not great singers. 2) the book was a disaster and needed major editing of scenes-characters! It's also overproduced and needed major cutting of at least 30 minutes. It was too long and everyone that we know said the same thing along with those exiting the show ...just too long. It will be gone soon."

Callin

Jul 18 2023, 02:34:11 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The shame of a show like this --- which is not offensively bad but not remarkably good --- is that it just feels like such a waste of money and time, when $25M could have been put towards a better show. Or a $15M musical + two plays.

That they were even able to raise the money for this project is kind of staggering.

I don't think there's a case to be made justifying $17mil+++ budgets for any show that lacks the name value a

Jul 18 2023, 10:38:22 AM

I saw the first preview and have seen it after opening—there were actually several changes made from previews to when the show was frozen. The discourse around this show has been absolutely bizarre with so much misinformation being spread and people just run with it. I have no conspiracies but it really does seem oddly targeted.

Broadway is NOT very accessible and it can come across elitist to tell people they should/need to see something for themselves, but this has been one of

Jul 12 2023, 05:08:58 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "The article really is pointing out what is very obvious just by looking at the grosses. NY, NY is a a mammoth bore. Sure, the set is impressive, but the book is abysmal, and the two leads are giving two of the most bland and lifeless performances I have seen on Broadway in quite some time. The show is just not exciting."

Calling Colton Ryan’s performance in this show “bland and lifeless” is baffling. If anything he goes overboar

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 17 2023, 08:00:28 PM

perfectpenguin said: "perfectpenguin said: "I don’t have my July show booked yet. I’m debating seeing this again for any changes / if it’s easier to follow after already seeing it or something else. I’m leaning toward something else (either & Juliet, Once Upon A One More Time, or Peter Pan Goes Wrong)."

Quoting myself. Actually, you SHOULDNT have to see a show multiple times for it to be easier to follow. It should be easy to

Some Like It Hot or New York, New York?
 Apr 16 2023, 03:36:51 PM

pethian said: "dan94 said: "As for all the hate NYNY is getting, I think it's clear the Shuberts sent out their lackeys out because they feel threatened. I can imagine not loving NYNY, but I can't imagine thinking anything worse than "that was fine if forgettable". People are talking about NYNY like it's the second coming of In My Life. The hatred is so outsized it beggars belief."

Wow. This never occurred to me. I had h

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 16 2023, 03:29:59 PM

I think there’s a lot of valid criticism here, but some of these reviews are laughably ridiculous and miserable. Just because a show isn’t what you assumed it would be, doesn’t mean you critique the show based on what your assumptions were. When you do that, you end up critiquing a show for trying to be something it was never even trying to be without trying to understand what it IS.

There are plenty of shows on Broadway that can check the boxes of what

Some Like It Hot or New York, New York?
 Apr 16 2023, 02:28:55 PM

Not sure why the board suddenly has so much hate for NYNY, but I saw both SLIH and NYNY in the same day and preferred NYNY. I will say that I don’t think the 2 are comparable in the first place, as NYNY has more of a golden age MGM feel with less depth vs. SLIH which is more updated with a solid, linear storyline. Both are enjoyable and there’s not “wrong” choice imo, but NYNY is more unique.

Selling 1 ticket Moulin Rouge 4/9
 Apr 4 2023, 09:29:17 AM

PM’d you!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You