News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for whitestar45

Member Name: whitestar45
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Love Never Dies
 Jun 17 2018, 12:52:25 AM

Usually, I’m a denizen of the “cheap seats” so, for me the most important attribute of a Phantom is the voice. A deeper voiced tenor with emotion and the power to blow me out of the theater is what I favor. The next thing I notice about a phantom is his height and stance. If a pretty boy can carry those attributes, I’m good with it.

Bronson Norris Murphy more than exceeds my description. 

Love Never Dies
 Jun 16 2018, 12:34:03 AM
What is it about this sequel that fascinates you?
Love Never Dies
 Jun 15 2018, 09:37:23 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Sondheimite said:

"We GET IT, ANDREW. We GET THAT IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU AND SARAH"

LOL. Yeah, I think we all know that LND is basically self-therapy that got produced on an international level. And yes, it's a terrible show. But I lovePhantom,so this disaster of a sequel continues to fascinate me.

Also, I would like to point out that Bronson Murphy and Megan Picerno are both clearly in t

Love Never Dies
 Jun 15 2018, 08:54:47 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Interesting that the website now lists previously titled Christine "understudy" Rachel Anne Moore (who I actually went to college with) as the Christine "alternate," and they promoted one of the ensemble members to Phantom understudy (so there can be two, like before), but there's no Phantom alternate listed. I wonder if Murphy will be doing eight shows a week."

Michael Gillis is alternating with Bronson. I

Love Never Dies
 Jun 15 2018, 02:25:42 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Damn. I guess this was inevitable given Cortes’ difficulty from the beginning with singing the role eight times a week. Opera singers are used to doing three or four performances a week at full throttle with lots of rest in between so I guess he just finally burned out. Great voice though."

I wonder how many times a week he went on when he performed Love Never Dies in Germany. 

Love Never Dies
 Jun 15 2018, 12:22:11 PM

I know what you mean. They always put their best foot forward.

I have spoken to several people connected to the show and they have confirmed that Bronson has taken over the Phantom role.

Love Never Dies
 Jun 15 2018, 02:22:54 AM

On bronsonnorrismurphy.com it says:

“Bronson is currently touring the United States as THE PHANTOM in the North American Premiere of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s sequel to The Phantom of the Opera.”  Apparently, Bronson is now the regular lead.  He more than deserves it. 

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
 Mar 2 2018, 09:09:05 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "Mister Matt said: "Just because you get off the crazy train at the second stop, doesn't mean you can claim you never rode it."

That’s good stuff right there.
"

All of this back and forth about LND, IMHO, is good stuff.

Feb 21 2018, 11:38:52 AM
I don’t agree with this statement, “ I think the plot is silly, but the original is almost as bad.”
 Feb 21 2018, 03:23:41 AM

Mister Matt - I keep reading how unrealistic the LND plot is in comparison to POTO. So, a deformed masked  murderer living in the underground canals of a Parisian opera house is realistic?  A ballerina taking voice lessons from someone she's never seen and doesn't know is believable?  When you think about it, LND is more in touch with reality than POTO.

I respect your opinion with regard to the plots but our opinions differ on that point and that's

Feb 19 2018, 12:51:06 AM

Perfect response!  I agree with you 100%

Thank you, Mister Matt. 

Dec 29 2017, 05:55:26 PM
LOL!
 Dec 29 2017, 02:25:59 AM

Channing Gray's review makes it obvious why he writes for a small local newspaper. He has no idea what he is talking about. 

Dec 17 2017, 07:18:23 PM

Having seen BNM & GTC each 2.5 times in LND, I will say they are different but both are wonderfully memorable. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You