News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sara904

Member Name: Sara904
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 28 2024, 01:16:22 PM

Ok i'll leave this "fight" here, i just think that is very unfair to judge an actor based on his celebrity status and not on his talent. Also being a draw to audiences is good for the theatre

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 28 2024, 01:05:12 PM

CoffeeBreak said: "No. Never said I disliked Dan or his performance - he's the celebrity to help sell the show. It's commercial theater."

You dislike that he is Harry Potter and a celebrity, that's part of his identity. Whatever you like it or not he isn't worse than Ubeda or another actor just because he played an iconic role and he has many fans. He's playing Charlie, not Harry Potter and many people that praise him for his acting aren't Pot

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 28 2024, 12:40:03 PM

CoffeeBreak said: "The difference for us is Dan could be replaced withany other actor/semi-singer and no one notice the differenceother than Potter fans. He helps sell the show to tourists. We saw both Dan and an understudy. The role was better sung with the understudy and the "friendship" just as in tact. It was made clear the glue was Mendez and Groff and the "celebrity" driver was Dan." 

So you dislike Dan because he is Harry Potter an

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 27 2024, 10:12:23 PM

CoffeeBreak said: "Ubeda's performance is better than Radcliffe without saying a word. Replace Ricamora or Dixon with Ben Cook.

Ok it's clear you love Ubeda and Ilinoise but what's your problem with Radcliffe? It's the third time you look down on his performance and no matter how hard you try to make Ubeda the frontrunner in the Best Featured Actor category, he isn't because the actors in Merrily have the reviews, the success and the narrative to win, a

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 07:39:18 PM

CoffeeBreak said: "Sara904 said: "With this, I think Merrily might as well have that Tony engraved now, and Jonathan Groff too seems to be squarely in the lead for Best Actor, though it seems like Bebe Neuwirth might be pulling ahead for Featured Actress (or at least in direct competition with Lindsay Mendez)."

Do you think Daniel Radcliffe is still the frontrunner in Best Featured Actor?

Ricky Ubeda from Illinoise gave a wonderful, y

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 21 2024, 11:03:11 PM

With this, I think Merrily might as well have that Tony engraved now, and Jonathan Groff too seems to be squarely in the lead for Best Actor, though it seems like Bebe Neuwirth might be pulling ahead for Featured Actress (or at least in direct competition with Lindsay Mendez)."

Do you think Daniel Radcliffe is still the frontrunner in Best Featured Actor?

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Dec 5 2023, 11:31:59 AM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Fantastic news. This significantly helps the show's Tony chances all around." Do you think Jonathan, Daniel and Lindsay are now the favorites in the musical categories to win the Tonys with the extension?

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Dec 13 2022, 02:13:06 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "halfhourcheckwithmerman said: "Will be interested to see reviews tonight."

It opens tomorrow.
"

And the reviews are great, i think the transfer to Broadway will be announced soon after all this praise

https://playbill.com/article/reviews-critics-weigh-in-on-off-broadway-merrily-we-roll-along-led-by-jonathan-groff-lindsay-mendez-and-daniel-radcliffe

Dec 1 2022, 11:19:06 PM

This fall? What? The winter will arrive in three weeks, it doesn't make sense

Dec 1 2022, 11:17:20 PM

This fall? What

Nov 30 2022, 06:00:34 PM

December 12th

Nov 28 2022, 03:28:44 AM

"Daniel has an incredibly convincing American accent (maybe more-so than the entirety of the 2013 London cast) and fits into the role like a glove. His vocals aren't always the strongest, but the acting in a Sondheim show is far more important to me, so I didn't mind very much if he was off-key or running out of breath towards the end of long phrases. His "Franklin Shepard Inc." was another stand out."

Do you think he will be nominated for the Tony i

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You