News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tenor8674

Member Name: Tenor8674
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
 Sep 22 2024, 05:26:29 PM

It was mobbed today. Left after about a half an hour. And some of the prices on some of the merch was insane. 

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
 Jun 29 2024, 04:04:01 PM

Rushed this afternoon and got a 2nd row orchestra seat for $50. Couple next to me paid $175 a piece. It was very good but under rehearsed. Erivo stopped midway Miller's Son and had to get back on track.  Overall though, it was a nice afternoon. 

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 22 2024, 05:55:06 PM

Just saw the matinee. This was gorgeously sung. At first I was disappointed this was chosen,  but glad I saw it. My first Encores title which I saw the original production. I was curious if any ticket buyers were expecting a musical version of the 1997 film. 

Musicals that will never be revived on Broadway
 May 20 2024, 12:23:51 PM

LADY IN THE DARK, which happens to be one of my favorite shows, is dated and would be so expensive to produce with a full orchestra. 

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 May 13 2024, 07:54:02 PM

The Kurt Weill Foundation has already posted online of two upcoming productions of LOVE LIFE. Opera North in Leeds is doing it in January and plans to record the show.  The other may be the Encores! rescheduling. More curious to know what other 2 titles are being considered. Anyone know the inside scoop?

FLAHOOLEY Revival?
 May 2 2024, 04:42:45 PM

Could it be one of those one night only benefit events? I saw it when the Harlem Rep did it, but the genie elements were removed. Still, it has a beautiful score. Encores! should have done it in its heyday.

Canceled Productions That Eventually Happened?
 Apr 25 2024, 01:36:02 PM

Still waiting for Encores LOVE LIFE. Opera North is doing it next year, and it will FINALLY be recorded with the cooperation of the KWF. Will an Encores production soon follow?

Shows that were considerably changed after their Broadway run
 Apr 23 2024, 11:16:59 AM

FLORA THE RED MENACE was rewritten in the 80s and it's now licensed as such. For those interested in seeing it, Forager Theater in Long Island City, Queens,  NY, is doing the show the first weekend in May.

Seeing a show when you're not feeling great
 Apr 21 2024, 04:01:51 PM

Only once as I rarely get sick. I went to see Village Light Opera do HOW TO SUCCEED.. many years ago. I didn't leave as I assumed it didn't get done that much.  But I did go see it again when the Goodspeed did it a few years later. 

Linda Balgord has passed away.
 Mar 5 2024, 10:02:04 PM

Saw her and Ron in ASPECTS OF LOVE when it came to Pittsburgh. Both were sensational. 

Musical or Play for Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman
 Feb 12 2024, 10:02:46 PM

Reynolds as Rodney Hatch,  Jackman as Whitelaw Savory in ONE TOUCH OF VENUS. With Laura Osnes as Venus.

Bill Hayes, golden age star of R&H's ME AND JULIET, has died at 98
 Jan 13 2024, 12:46:09 PM

Love that cast album of ME AND JULIET.

Santino Fontana and Judy Kuhn in I can get it for you wholesale
 Oct 19 2023, 06:53:47 PM

I was there by 1 and the only person rushing on Sunday.  I had only been there once before to see ALLEGRO and I got in via rush too.  There were about 4 empty seats after the show started.  It was also the first matinee. 

Oct 15 2023, 04:49:38 PM

Rushed for the matinee today. $30.  The production is excellent.  Lester steals the show as Miss Marmelstein.   Go see it!

Oct 11 2023, 02:29:20 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Tenor8674 said: "What is the running time? Is this 2 acts?"

2 hours and 30 minutes, including a 15-minute intermission.
"

Thanks, I was afraid it was a 90 minute, intermission less affair. 

Oct 11 2023, 01:05:38 PM

What is the running time?  Is this 2 acts?  

Sunset Coming To Broadway New Year
 Sep 23 2023, 07:16:48 PM

As much as I love that show, I wish it were ASPECTS OF LOVE instead.  A much rarer chance to see it on this side of the ocean. 

re: Musicals that are NOT based off of Movies, books, or plays/oprah
 Sep 13 2023, 10:19:08 PM

Two by R&H,  ALLEGRO, ME AND JULIET

The brilliant Tom Jones (The Fantasticks, 110 in the Shade, I Do! I Do!) has died at 95.
 Aug 12 2023, 07:29:49 PM

Always thought 110 in the Shade was their masterpiece and one of the greatest shows ever.  And that score!

Modern musical choices for Encores!
 Jun 26 2023, 07:15:28 PM

ASPECTS OF LOVE.   Not expecting the current UK revival to transfer.  For years I thought it would have made a great choice.  And fits the original mission,  gorgeous score with a not so great and challenging book. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You