News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MaraczekDeliveryBoy

Member Name: MaraczekDeliveryBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/15/23
 Jan 17 2023, 11:36:09 PM

Since Covid, has any production reported recoupment? 

It feels like producers aren't announcing it anymore. I think that's very classy, but as someone who loves to know financial information about Broadway...I'm tacky and want to know! 

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions
 Jan 12 2023, 02:13:22 AM

Obviously, who knows what will happen? That's the fun! Gonna pick who I think will win, not who I want to win! 

Best Actress in a musical- Victoria Clark

Best Actress in a play- Jodie Comer 

Best Actor in a musical- Josh Groban (based on Natasha)

Best Actor in a play- Brandon Uranowitz 

Best Supporting Actress in a musical- Bonnie Mulligan

Best Supporting Actress in a play- Crystal Lucas Perry (the best performance I saw this year)<

Musicals that should've won the Pulitzer
 Jan 9 2023, 09:31:27 PM

I'm curious about The Pulitzer winner being about"American life." Is that really how they judge it? I am My Own Wife has nothing to do with American life. The entire play takes place in Berlin. 

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 9 2023, 08:30:23 PM

Honest question for people smarter than me on this board. How many covers is normal for a Broadway show of this size? (Is cover the right word? I see cover, understudy, and alternate thrown around. Do they mean different things?)

Looking at the website for Six it looks like 6 principals (obviously) and 5 alternates.

Looking at the website A Strange Loop has 7 principles and 5 alternates. 

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 8 2023, 03:08:33 AM

The unkindness of all of this

My god

I love Broadway so much

If someone is sick, trust them. There are so many awful examples of people saying they are sick and the crowd not believing them. 

I refuse to put examples here. You all know better.

This is a beautiful show. Life is more precious. Come on. After everything we have all been through/and Covid. Can't we be kind? 

We can still debate box office. We can still be catty about theatre

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 18 2022, 04:48:17 PM

Thank you for reminding me about Chicago. I totally forgot about that. 

I've heard this school of thought about workshops. I get trying to save $5 million, but I feel like you'll never get an honest audience response in that environment. What do you think? 

Also agree that word of mouth out of town probably isn't worth $5 million. SLIH is a bad case study for what I'm trying to say since it was always going to appeal to an older demographic. (Kpop is pr

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 18 2022, 04:14:37 PM

I always wondered why Some Like It Hot opened cold on Broadway. 

The obvious reason to open out of town is that the creative team sees it with an audience, receives reviews, and then has time to tinker. I really think another pass at the script and a few new songs could kick this show into high gear.

But I wonder if nowadays it's almost more important to open out of town for marketing/advertising reasons. I'm really curious about people's opinions about

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You