News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lostboys&goldengirls

Member Name: lostboys&goldengirls
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development
 Dec 12 2023, 11:22:23 AM

Is it odd that no official reviews have come out yet considering the premier was in late November? I know there's still two weeks until the release, but I would've thought early reviews would be out by now so the fact that nothing official has been published makes me worried the studio is expecting negative responses. 

I've been anticipating this movie for a long time, but I'm feeling a little worried this is going to be yet another dud of a movie musical adapt

Sep 15 2023, 03:36:15 PM

Rentaholic2 said: "It looks incredible. I can't get over how muchPhylicia Pearl Mpasi looks like Fantasia Barrino."

I didn't even catch that that wasn't Fantasia! I kept thinking that they had done a great job making her look a bit younger.😂

Sep 15 2023, 11:40:44 AM

it just looks so RIGHT. I try to not get my hopes up because I've been so disappointed by musical film adaptations in the past, but I can't help but feel truly excited for this one. 

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Coronation Anthem for King Charles III
 May 8 2023, 03:52:54 PM

I would hardly call this rough or, my vote for most ridiculous comment heinous. Its a perfectly pleasant, melodic choral piece. It's not revolutionary, but it sure does the job and I have been finding myself humming it more and more as the days go by. Had this been composed by anyone other than ALW, I can just about guarantee that most of you wouldn't have thought anything of it. 

Phantom Closing?
 Jan 26 2023, 04:52:48 PM

Phantom4ever said: "Penna, the idea that the show is closing due to low ticket sales has been completely debunked in this thread and others many times. No reason to rehash all that again.

The 25th anniversary DVD, while super fancy, was not the original production but rather a loosely staged concert. So there certainly might be people who would love a recorded version of this last original Prince/Bjornson Phantom that's left in the world before it's gone forever. T

Phantom Closing?
 Jan 26 2023, 01:26:08 PM

Forgive me if this has been discussed but I've been lurking for a while and didn't see it come up! What are the chances you all think that a pro-shot of the Broadway production will be filmed for release after closing? I feel like this could be a very lucrative move to sell VOD or to partner with a streaming platform. Having the true, historic original product preserved on film seems like a no brainer to me. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You