News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brdwybound2

brdwybound2 Profile Photo
Member Name: brdwybound2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

rehearsals begin in July
 Jun 12 2008, 09:24:38 PM
I assumed it was for the tour... I could be wrong, but the casting agent running the audition is an alumni of MTYP (the theatre group that originally emailed us about the open call). Maybe he is doing it just to be nice, I really have no idea, that's why I asked.

As for the location/specifics for the audition, I also have no idea. haha I will be at theatre camp at Baker University in Baldwin, KS during the actual open call so the agent is coming to the camp since so many theatre kids t

rehearsals begin in July
 Jun 12 2008, 07:10:19 PM
One of my musical directors here in Kansas is playing in the orchestra for the tour!

Also.. random question..Stephen Kopel (Jim Carnahan Casting) is coming to Kansas to do an open call for the tour... why? If it is already cast, what is the point? Not that I'm denying the amazing talent here in Kansas City but there are only so many performers that fit the casting requirements, and I don't understand why they are still having open calls?

re: Cats (or shall I say) Humans - The Musical
 Nov 25 2007, 02:40:30 PM
I have a question.. I know you said this was a regional production, but were these legitimate performers with talent? I mean, obviously this idea sounds absolutely terrible, and you said the dancing was uninspired, but did the performers posess some sort of dancing or singing ability? I am just curious who thought it would be a fun show to be cast in.
re: Is Hairspray the movie worth seeing?
 Aug 28 2007, 07:45:25 AM
It's worth it to stare at Zac Efron for a while.
re: Fave Spring Awakening track
 Aug 27 2007, 05:56:12 PM
Not that I don't looooove SA, because I do, but don't the cutoffs in The Guilty Ones annoy anyone else? I used to love that song until someone pointed it out at camp this summer. But I think Those You've Known, All That's Known, and Left Behind are genius.
re: Harry Connick Jr.'s Christmas Musical to make World Premiere in Kansas City
 Aug 26 2007, 09:56:25 PM
Well I'm glad you think so. I don't get the opportunity to visit Chicago and NYC and other big cities often to see theatre, so I tend to be involved and see as much theatre as possible in KCMO. I've done some regionial shows at Starlight here in Kansas City, and I know the Coterie is very popular as well. I hope we keep improving here in the midwest.
re: nicest b'way actor
 Aug 26 2007, 08:37:22 PM
John Gallagher Jr. Hands down.
re: Anyone else dissapointed with Rapp's performance?
 Aug 26 2007, 08:35:40 PM
I whole-heartly agree with basically everyone that has replied to this thread. I saw Anthony at the beginning of this month when I was in NYC and I was absolutley blown away. I'd never seen RENT on Broadway (but I did see the tour last summer, and while I wasn't impressed with the show as a whole, I was able to take a workshop with the cast and I think they were quite talented). But I've been a big Rapp fan for a while no, so my opinion may be biased, but I think Anthony did fabulously. Not that
re: Harry Connick Jr.'s Christmas Musical to make World Premiere in Kansas City
 Aug 26 2007, 05:37:51 PM
Yay! I live in Kansas City and have many friends who do shows at Coterie. I'm excited KC is making some BWW threads :)
re: Favorite Soundtracks
 Aug 26 2007, 10:30:23 AM
Light in the Piazza
Tick, Tick..BOOM!
Company (revival)
Newsies (soundtrack, not an OBCR obviously)
Last 5 Years

re: Places to eat around broadway
 Aug 25 2007, 12:56:42 PM
I second John's Pizzeria and Ellen's Stardust. My voice teacher recommended that I eat at John's when I visited earlier this month, and my mom and I ate their 4 different times. Haha I've also been to Stardust several times and I think it's cute and fun so I would totally recommend trying that out as well.
re: Blonsky to go to bway?
 Aug 25 2007, 12:53:02 PM
I hope Shannon doesn't leave... she went to the same dance studio in Kansas that I go to now, and everyone there loves her in the show! But if she were to leave, I think Nikki would be quite an acceptable replacement.
Ellis Island Ad Campaign featuring JLY
 Aug 23 2007, 10:30:11 PM
YAY this thread makes me happy. I saw the show last month after having been obsessed with the recording for about a year, and it was breathtaking. The actors are SO gracious at SD as well, whcih also made me happy.

PS MikeMagbaleta... your avatar is amazing. I have a koala obsession.

to all those spring awakening lovers
 Aug 18 2007, 12:58:09 AM
I read this entire thread, and I have to admit that it made my day. And I am slightly embarassed that I am even somewhat near the ages of 13 and 14.
re: Who really is Winthrop's Mom?
 Aug 15 2007, 10:57:27 AM
Hahaha I just read all the posts on this thread... very entertaining. But I am confused.. I could be completely wrong because the last time I was in The Music Man I was 9 and have chosen to block out the show since. But didn't we all agree that Marian was around 21-25, and Winthrop was 10? So in order for Marian to be Winthrop's mother, she would've given birth between 11-15?

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Aug 13 2007, 11:39:58 PM
Alright I am attempting to post the pictures after some help from misschung. And yes.. seeing Anthony sing Hallween WAS amazing..

EDIT: holy crap my pictures are huge. Sorry! And in reply to the out of hand crowds... totally true. I felt sort of sorry for the guard because he was yelling for everyone to move back and NO ONE was listening (I'll admit that my mom and I might have ignored him because I wanted their autographs...) but I can imagine how frustrating that would be. The t

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Aug 13 2007, 11:08:02 PM
AH I saw Anthony and Adam in RENT when I was in NYC for Broadway Artists Alliance, and I have some adorable pictures of Anthony, but I have zero idea how to post pictures. But I have nothing to add on their performances that others haven't already said... although the there has been some disagreement on the age thing, I was simply amazed by both of them. Seeing Anthony perform one of my all time favorite musical theatre songs (Halloween.. I know that's a weird one to love but I think it's great)
re: At what age is it too old to stage door?
 Jun 29 2007, 10:52:16 AM
"The second kind are kids, generally under 20, who think that by wearing pink they will become Laura Bell Bundy's BFF; or that by telling Jonathan Groff that they love him, they will become engaged."

Although I agree that there are different types of people at the stage door, I am curious if you are implying that everyone under 20 fits into this catergory. I am 16, and although I have never visited the stage door in NYC, I have met many amazing performers at regional theatres. I am visi

re: Broadway Artists Alliance Summer Intensive
 Jun 26 2007, 08:33:03 PM
bump?
re: Little Mermaid Backstage Video
 Jun 26 2007, 01:00:21 PM
Aw that video was adorable! I used to have a tiny Tyler Maynard obsession, so I am quite excited. Thanks so much for posting the link guys!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You