News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kathryn_with_a_y

kathryn_with_a_y Profile Photo
Member Name: kathryn_with_a_y
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spring Awakening Rush
 Dec 15 2007, 01:20:28 PM
I've never rushed for a mat. show, but for a friday night I got there at 6 and there were already at least five people in front of me in line.
re: so who is currently working on/in a production?
 Dec 4 2005, 12:12:14 PM
Madge in 'Picnic', and auditioning next week for Annie in 'Over the Tavern'
'Over the Tavern'...anybody know it?
 Dec 3 2005, 11:31:55 AM
Anybody know anything about it?? I'm thinking about auditioning for Annie *the sister, I think thats her name*.
Thanks,
Katie

re: 'Picnic'
 Nov 19 2005, 12:49:06 PM
wow. Thanks for the background Best12Bars. I really think I'm going to audition for Millie. Any hints? character wise I mean. Anything I should know?
 Nov 19 2005, 11:49:41 AM
Thanks guys you've been really helpful. I'm still a little torn about who to go out for, but thanks for everything! You guys are great.
 Nov 18 2005, 09:40:37 PM
Thanks everyone!
Can any of you give me a little bit of a run down of female characters in it. All female characters because I'm not sure what to audition for. I've played Patty Simcox in Grease but I've also Played Anne Frank. So I don't care what type of character it is. Thanks!

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 18 2005, 09:38:00 PM
Kristen Chenoweth is the stupidest person in the world.

I hate 'Joseph...'!!!

Les Miz isn't worth it....and further more everytime I hear "on my own" I feel that I'm losing brain cells.

I didn't hate the 'Chorus Line' movie.

If I have to hear another school chorus sing "Seasons of Love" or "For Good" I will indeed kill myself.

re: Your Dream Roles
 Nov 18 2005, 09:20:03 PM
hmmm......

I think:
Evelyn Nesbit - Ragtime
Adelaide - Guys and Dolls
Squeaky Fromme - Assassins
Audrey - Little Shop
Baker's Wife - Into The Woods
Jill Tanner - Butterflies Are Free (non-musical)
Lucy - YGMCB
Magenta - Rocky

"Picnic"
 Nov 18 2005, 09:15:12 PM
Hey guys, I have an audition coming up for a straight show called "Picnic" and I know nothing about it. Is anyone accquainted with the show or have any links to sites about it?? I could use all the help I can get.
Thanks,
Kate

re: Hairspray Tour in Boston - 10/4 & 10/5
 Oct 8 2005, 11:06:03 AM
I just got went last night. It wsa fabulous! I loved it, and Aaron Tveit(link)is gorgeous! I loved the show; it was so much fun!
re: Wierdest thing you've ever done in public from a Broadway show
 Oct 2 2005, 12:16:10 PM
I heart Calvin because he knows the words to the Miami song from Golden Girls
re: Wierdest thing you've ever done in public from a Broadway show
 Oct 2 2005, 11:49:41 AM
My two best friends and I always break into song randomly, so people are pretty much used to it. The see us time warping down the hallway in school and they think " it's just katie and the drama fags" so when I had to get up and gave a speech for some school elections. I prefaced my speech with " I have always been a woman who arranges things.....for the pleasure and the profit it durives. I have always been a woman who arranged thing like furnature and daffodils and lives." Of course only the d
re: Currently Listening to?
 Sep 9 2005, 06:21:30 PM
I'm listening to "....Forum". Everybody ought to have a maid
re: Type of actor...
 Sep 7 2005, 07:36:23 PM
Hey lildogs I kinda like Rydyell High! I'm only 15 but I look about 23, I haven't played a "kid/teenage" role sicne I was in the 5th grade.I mean I love that I look older its great for somethings, but I hate the fact that when I do shows with my friends I'm an "adult" while they all play 15 and 16 year olds. This past year we did 'Grease' for our High School play, it was the first time in a while that I got to play someone my age.

The thing I like about type-csating though is I'm a "ch

re: Monologues from musicals
 Sep 6 2005, 06:17:42 PM
Does it need to be from a musical?? Because if not my favorite Monolague is Jill's from Butterflies are Free. I think its wicked funny if you can really get into the character.
re: Into the Woods
 Aug 26 2005, 01:08:29 PM
I enjoyed both but please, Is there anyone better than Bernadette?? NO. I loved Christopher Sieber as the prince & Laura Benanti as cinderella. But other than that I found the cast weak. However I do like the new lyrics to 'Last Midnight' and the addition of 'Our Little World'.
re: If you had to audition RIGHT NOW...
 Aug 26 2005, 12:30:45 PM
Ballad : I Remember (Evening Primrose) or No One is Alone (Into the Woods)

Uptempo: My New Philosophy (YAGMCB)

Now that I really think about it thats the only uptempo song I ever use for auditions. Does Anyone know any other Uptempo songs I can use?

re: First Cast Recording
 Aug 8 2005, 11:47:49 AM
My first cast recording was South Pacific.
re: School Shows HELP!!
 Aug 8 2005, 11:44:02 AM
I don't know, I like both version, we're doing the revival as one of my high school shows this year. However, I really like Bonnie's song better than Erma's, but other than that I like the revival better
re: Ok, Grease!!
 Aug 8 2005, 11:37:02 AM
I love Grease. It's really cheesy & the music isn't even all that good. but I love it. I just did it for my school show this past year; I played Patty Simcox & I loved it. My favorite song is either 'raining on promnight' or 'mooning'.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You