News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ball of Buttah

Member Name: Ball of Buttah
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 May 16 2024, 06:49:21 PM

JSquared2 said: "For all of the faux "outrage" over Lindsey's missed performances (and the trolls who are keeping score), where is all of that outrage over Lorna Courtney's attendance in & JULIET?"

What don't people understand about being above the title? Was Lorna above the title; if she was, then I'm gravely mistaken. I thought Taffy made it clear above about the issues with the producers not being transp

Gatsby or Merrily?
 May 10 2024, 06:43:46 PM

This thread did not disappoint. Lol. 

Btw, when I saw Merrily I had big expectations based on reviews and WOM...and it even surpassed that. Lindsay was the standout for me (and I LOVE Jonathon) in the overall stellar cast. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24
 Apr 30 2024, 02:09:00 PM

I'm hoping Illinoise extends to at least Sep so I can go see it. Already super sad I'm going to miss HoRR. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Apr 25 2024, 06:18:51 PM

Y'all need to calm down...

J/k, please carry on 🤣

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies
 Apr 25 2024, 03:13:08 PM

Wow! That was awesome!! If it's still around in the Fall, I'd go see it. And I don't normally go to jukebox musicals. Tamika needs to go on The Tonight Show, too. 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Mar 7 2024, 11:16:56 AM

Caught this show last night and I had bigger expectations than I thought. Evan was great and sounds phenomenal, which surprised me since I only knew her from True Blood, Westworld, and other random indie films (non-singing roles). Darren was good as always and firmly comfortable playing the lesser singer/actor to his co-leads. Bryce was also superb as Orin and other random characters. Got the most laughs of the night. The Urchin trio gave the best performance for me. Overall, cute show if not

MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
 Mar 6 2024, 11:07:49 PM

Lindsay was in the matinee today and thank goodness. She was awesome! I think she's on par w/ Groffsauce in superior technical singing and acting. I wished she took over "Not a Day Goes By" for Katie. I think it was okay Act 1 song. I know she's supposed to be emotional singing it, so it goes both flat and sharp in parts of the song. But she didn't act that emotionally nor was she crying. Obviously, I preferred the song in Act 2 when both JG and Lindsay join in.

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Mar 6 2024, 11:35:09 AM

ACL2006 said: "I need a review on Donna's debut!"

I just thought she was okay in the beginning. A couple one-liners didn't land because the timing was off. But, she improved greatly in the second half. I think she'll build a more believable rapport with Glinda in the coming days. 
Also, we had a LOUD audience member in the back mezz hooting and hollering louder than the actors. Why?

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Mar 5 2024, 08:48:22 PM

Mary Kate is very good tonight, Alex Socha is fantabulous! Wow! At intermission and she is definitely the highlight. 
Of note, one hour after opening they had to stop the play for "unforeseen circumstances" and continued after 10 minutes. Didn't affect the overall enjoyment so far. 

KIMBERLY AKIMBO to close in April
 Jan 5 2024, 12:30:16 PM

Great that I can catch this in my March NYC trip. Anyone recommend right vs. left orchestra seats? TIA. 

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film
 Dec 8 2023, 05:10:00 PM

jimmycurry01 said: "verywellthensigh said: "If JLo has the breath capacity to do the title song, I'll play Maria Stuarda at the Met."

It's a movie; she only has to do it once, she gets as many takes as is necessary to do it, and they can cut together multiple takes. I don't suspect it will be a problem. I'll see you at the Met.
"

Uhm, JLo cannot sing, BUT she's an absolute star and phenomenal dancer. She proved that in

FUNNY GIRL National Tour - Katerina McCrimmon as Fanny!
 Sep 7 2023, 09:32:34 PM

I flew from GA and saw Lea on Broadway, so I didn't want to or feel the need to see the tour version. But, after reading all the hate Katerina is getting on SM, it's convincing me to see the show in Atlanta. She's obviously got talent and the pipes. It's crazy to me that she's getting the blame for playing a character (based LOOSELY on a real life person) in a meh-musical. So, I guess I gotta go support Fox theater and this new cast. 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Jul 27 2023, 12:05:17 AM

Finally caught Lea tonight after missing her in May due to her COVID call out. The show is meh, but she is definitely stupendous. I think she was still a little sick because she coughed a little at curtain call. I thought each song got better and better with the best at the Funny Girl/Parade reprise at the end. Crazy good. Jared was amazing at dancing; Tovah was her usual best Jewish mama ever; and even Ramin's acting improved throughout the show. 

Great 2-show day in Broadway

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Jul 26 2023, 11:58:12 PM

Got to catch this amazing show tonight with a friend, who thought it was excellent, too. I think the highlights for me were Annaleigh, Ruthie Ann, Rapson, Josh, and Gaten; in that order. The actress who played Joanna was meh, but Daniel as Anthony was a surprise delight. The production was great overall, even the ensemble dancing. It was weird watching it at the Tony's w/o much context, but in the whole show it made more sense and flowed nicely from beginning to end. 

Very

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
 Jun 19 2023, 04:19:06 AM

marknyc2 said: "I do think the show is geared more toward non-Filipino audiences who don’t know the history and atrocities of these people

That's exactly the problem - it's presenting these despots as "fun" to a white audience. Just saying that it's an anti-Marcos show doesn't address the damage done if they are portrayed sympathetically. Are they?
"

I'm Filipino, immigrated from PI in the 80s, and I had the roll

CAMELOT (2023) - Reviews
 May 22 2023, 07:37:11 PM

Saw this beautiful play last Wednesday during the matinee when Lea Michele called out for COVID. We were all pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the light comedy. Pippa Soo was also out, but her standby was solid. Jordan is the star and Burnap was also impressive. Overall, I'd give it 3 out of 4 stars. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You