News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cvrenthead

cvrenthead Profile Photo
Member Name: cvrenthead
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

So Engineer in Miss Saigon doesn't have to be (traditionally) Asian?
 Mar 26 2016, 06:08:03 PM

Dave19 said: "I don't care if a black guy plays the role, as long as the make-up and interpretation makes him look Eur-asian.

That is part of playing a role.
"

I doubt many people would agree with the converse: "I don't care if a Eurasian guy plays the role, as long as the make-up and interpretation makes him look black."

re: Broadway Backwards 4 Excitement/Rush Thread
 Feb 13 2009, 12:43:52 PM
The redhead in question is Jenna Coker-Jones (Evil Dead, Twilight in Manchego @ NYMF 200.

No one wore wigs.

re: Broadway Backwards 4 Excitement/Rush Thread
 Feb 13 2009, 02:48:21 AM
I would like to point out that Jessica was not in that number.
re: Role vs. Roll
 Jul 14 2008, 01:17:16 PM
Reminds me of Amelia Bedelia, personally.
CKJ in Broadway
 Jun 18 2008, 10:24:33 AM
"cvrenthead where did you hear that because that came out of nowhere."

Facebook is a joyous thing.

Jackie Seiden updated!
 Jun 16 2008, 11:22:48 PM
Random, I know... but y'all know that Miles is going to Broadway, right?
Chicago Cast
 Dec 21 2007, 03:58:47 AM
Lizzie dearest - I only stopped by after the show, I didn't see it. I was merely basing my opinion off of the accountant being part of Gutman's tour track. Sorry for any confusion.

The horse/Playbill picture makes me giggle. A lot.

Firsts & Lasts
 Dec 16 2007, 04:34:12 PM
It's been ages since I've been on here. Just wanted to pop and in let you guys know that I stopped by the stage door yesterday afternoon to catch Eric Gutman after his first show. He said he felt good about it. His parents surprised him by coming, which I thought was really cute. Incidentally, he looks SO much like his dad. Essentially, he looks like Gutman as the accountant in Act 2. And he has a nice big insert since all the December playbills still list Colin Donnell.

Congratulations

re: Lance Bass in Hairspray
 Aug 15 2007, 05:18:02 PM
Van is relatively new to the ensemble, and at this point, hasn't learned the tracks yet. He was swung out at the last minute on Saturday night to watch, so I assume he's headed down that path and that he'll be ready in the not-too-distant future.
 Aug 12 2007, 06:10:38 PM
"Wow I'm sure Shannon is thrilled you're keeping track of her work attendance. How creepy."

Oddly enough, there are many people who work in a theatre that are not the people onstage. Imagine that.

re: What annoys me most about SOME cast recordings...
 Aug 12 2007, 03:17:25 PM
I would like to politely disagree with everyone who is "annoyed" about volume inconsistencies. In music, there are these things called... dynamics. Loud, soft, and everything in between. Now, we've come a long way from the terraced dynamics from the Baroque era, but still. Music has to have a range of volume and intensity in order to make sense, to mean something, to have a reason. And in the case of, say, a musical theatre piece, this usually goes hand in hand with the dramatic aspect of the so
 Aug 12 2007, 03:53:08 AM
Missed lotto and SRO yesterday, lost lotto and got SRO today.

Michelle Dowdy was OK as Tracy. She comes off better live than otherwise... but there's just something about her that doesn't particularly settle with me. Not particularly bad, but not stunningly good, either.

Daniel Robinson was blah as Link. I thought that he lacked the charisma and appeal that Link should have. Physically and blocking-wise, he had the character down, I suppose. Had I not looked at the inserts or t

Cast change?
 Jul 20 2007, 12:55:15 AM
Haha, apparently the sound went like... off about a minute into "Ces Soirées-La". And Drew had major lipstickage after "Oh, What A Night" and didn't know why the audience was laughing. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the show.

Oh, and in case no one else got the memo, as per Lauren, Kara is going on for Lyndsey tonight and tomorrow, and for Lauren on Saturday and Sunday.

Would y'all like a track-by-track breakdown of who is what in every scene?

Also, my $0.02 on the Waxman thing. Good luck to Wade on his show, even if he's only gone temporarily. I thought Hickman was absolutely great when I saw his second and third performances in that track (the Sunday RQW was in for Gaudio.) You could tell he was still getting used to things (like the blood packet), but since they were his first few performances, and they were last-minute after Wade got injured, I think he'd do just fine on a permanent basis. I particularly liked the air he caught while jumping in "Working My Way".

re: Acting: Truly THAT Hard?
 Jul 17 2007, 03:59:14 AM
Wow. Unleash the torrents...
Road Grosses
 Jul 14 2007, 01:10:10 AM
You're correct, dear.
Road Grosses
 Jul 14 2007, 12:24:03 AM
But at least it proves we're not a fluke.

Broadway: The nice thing is, Frankie Valli's a household name.
-OR-
Tour: I even have money in my pocket that doesn't jingle when I walk.

Everybody's happy. Well, almost everybody...

Interesting that they've changed it in NY. That was the one line that when I heard it for the first time, I was like... that's not it! Just like when they changed the "Siberia" line for the 2NT.

re: Your favourite overture?
 Jul 13 2007, 09:28:08 PM
Annie - I absolutely love the simplicity of the trumpet solo and eventual trombone counterpoint

Annie Get Your Gun (1966 Lincoln Center version) - The first show I played, and still one of my favorite overtures; it transforms all of the melodies so deliciously, and serves as an epitome of the classic Broadway overture

Light in the Piazza - No other show can literally take my breath away, right from when harp arpeggios start

Titanic - I love the cross-relations at the b

RQW//Gaudio July 8
 Jul 9 2007, 05:40:31 AM
More on both of these shows later, but I figured I should post about Wade. Hickman has been on for Wade since Saturday night because the latter was injured in the Saturday mat at “BEDTIME”. His leg was wrapped around the stool, and he fell and couldn’t catch himself. Apparently there’s fluid in his knee, but he’ll be fine in a couple days. Consequently, Hickman has gone on in the track for his first three times, and Coppola covered Ryan's track for the first time as well.

Sorry for the

Jake Speck//Gaudio Review
 Jul 9 2007, 05:22:21 AM
I went to both shows today to catch Ryan with different Frankies. These were #18 and #19, respectively. 10 1NT, 1 Broadway, 8 2NT. I believe my sister is at 20, and my cousin is at 21, those all in SF.

Jersey Boys
Friday, July 6, 2007, 8pm
Curran Theatre, SF

Steve Gouveia [Nick Massi], Jeremy Kushnier [Tommy DeVito], Jarrod Spector [Frankie Valli], Jake Speck [u/s Bob Gaudio – 2nd performance], Lyndsey Cole, Eddie Driscoll, Mike Erickson, Steven M. Goldsmith, Craig Laur

Jake Speck//Gaudio
 Jul 7 2007, 03:44:19 AM
The fifty degree difference between Phoenix and San Francisco was quite shocking.

I promise a full, too-detailed rundown tomorrow. But for now, I must sleep.

I will say that tonight was a great show, possibly the best Chicago cast performance I've seen. The cast was totally on, the house was pretty full and very responsive, and Jake was... GREAT!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You