News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WalveMalve

WalveMalve Profile Photo
Member Name: WalveMalve
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Calling all PIPPIN experts!!!
 Feb 17 2007, 12:56:55 AM
The original "Pippin, Pippin" was debuted with Scotch'n'Soda Theatre -- Carnegie Mellon's student run theatre company -- in 1967. This year, the organization is producing a 40th anniversary production of the musical in its more finalized form in April.
re: Catchiest score ever?
 Jun 29 2006, 04:14:52 PM
I always thought Les Miz was one of the more catchier shows -- or at least, everyone leaving the theater tends to be humming 'Do You Hear The People Sing' or 'Bring Him Home.'
re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
 Jun 28 2006, 05:28:07 PM

The 11th revival of Les Miserables closes after significant cuts are made to the score and the weekly gross of the production drops below $200,000 despite the revenue of the product placement of a can of pepsi as Fantine. Nevertheless, I Dreamed a Dream got a standing ovation during the final performance and the can of pepsi received a nod from the tony committee in its new category: Best Performance by a Beverage in a Musical. It lost to the blood in the first b'way production o

re: The Next 50 Years of B'way
 Jun 28 2006, 05:22:37 PM
2021:

'Middle of Somewhere' a Hanson jukebox musical is produced in the Nederlander Theatre -- the score is adapted primarily from their album "Middle of No Where." The book is written by pen named author M. M. Bop.

Thousands flee in panic, there are no survivors.

re: why would a broadway actor go on tour?
 Jun 21 2006, 12:30:34 PM
"-They get paid to do the show
-They get free housing
- They get money every day for shopping and food (if they don't use that money they can keep it) "

Minimum salary for actors on tour is $844 / week
Minimum salary for actors on B'way is $1465 / week

So though it is the producer's responsibility to acquire housing for the actors, the pay is still substantially less especially when you consider that most actors still keep their apartments in NY despite the fact t

re: Most insignificant title role?
 Jun 20 2006, 11:16:29 AM
Oliver (in Oliver!)
re: Delicious Voices . . .
 Jun 15 2006, 04:23:05 PM
Alan Campbell
Michael Cerveris
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Audra McDonald
Heather Headley
Brian D'Arcy James
J Mark McVey
Lea Salonga
Kelli O'Hara

re: Schwartz vs. Sondheim
 Jun 14 2006, 02:49:43 PM
I'd just like to point out that that was Stephen Schwartz's second time seeing Sweeney, he left the first performance early. This has circulated the rumor mill as being him "walking out" on the show; however, he had no intention of staying for the entire performance as he had apparent schedule conflicts.

But that's not important.

I'd like to emphasize that Sondheim has also had a profound influence on other composers; take, for example: Jonathan Larson who worshiped Sondheim.

re: Choose Your Three Favorite Composers!
 Mar 7 2006, 01:01:16 AM
1. Sondheim
2. Jason Robert Brown
3. Michael John LaChiusa

Honorable Mentions:
4. Leonard Bernstein
5. William Finn
6. Schonberg/Boubil
7. Adam Guettel
8. Cole Porter
9. Gershwin
10. David Yazbek

re: Les Mis Song Question
 Feb 20 2006, 08:07:36 PM
On the complete symphonic recording, the tra la la las, as well as Jean Valjean's explanation for why he's there to take Cosette (a la the I Dreamed a Dream motif) are included on the CD. As far as I know this is the only entirely complete version in English.
re: worst performances on broadway?
 Feb 14 2006, 07:56:08 PM
David Hasselhoff in Jekyll and Hyde, the closing cast of Miss Saigon
re: The Frogs
 Feb 13 2006, 01:07:34 AM
As I recall it's advance sales were better than those after the review came out. Lane turned it into a parable on the Bush administration and it was too obvious. Also I think Stroman's direction/choreography was rideculed by Ben Brantley (NYTimes). Anyway, I really liked it, and it's tech was very creative.
re: New Cast albums to look forward to
 Feb 9 2006, 03:52:58 PM
Any word on whether or not I Love You Because is going to record an album? I've liked the few seconds of music I've heard so far.
re: Which way do you like to spell theatre/theater?
 Feb 7 2006, 11:09:34 PM
I like to use theater for an actual place like: tonight I'm going to the theater.

I use theatre for the more abstract term like: theatre is more intimate than cinema.

That way it's comparable to a theater like a movie theater and still makes sense when spelling 'theatrical.'

City of Angels (Cy Coleman)
 Feb 7 2006, 11:05:17 PM
Quick question: Does anybody know the precise vocal ranges (as in lowest note to highest note) for the characters of Stine, Stone, and Jimmy Powers? I know that Stine is a high baritone, Jimmy is a tenor and Stone is a low baritone.
re: Broadway revival of Grease next year?
 Feb 7 2006, 02:01:31 PM
I think that they based the 'revival' idea off of a suggestion a while back that there might be a fundraiser (Actors Fund?) event that has an all-star cast performance of Grease (recall the benefit performance of Hair). I'm pretty sure that this idea was quickly sent to the furnace and there has been no talk of it since. Reviving Grease makes no sense especially since the recent revised revival (hurray alliteration!) has only been closed for less than 8 years -- and that had the benefit of a s
re: Siblings on Broadway...
 Feb 1 2006, 04:11:31 AM
Hunter and Sutton Foster
re: Male Sondheim Song/ High Barritone - Bordering on Tenor/ help would be
 Jan 27 2006, 03:33:09 PM
"Marry Me a Little" ~ Company
re: What is the BEST musical of ALL Time and what is the WORST musical of a
 Jan 23 2006, 04:44:52 PM
Best:
Staged -- Les Miserables
Written -- Sweeney Todd (though the new Doyle staging might surpass Les Miz)

Worst:
Staged -- In My Life
Written -- Carrie The Musical

re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
 Jan 23 2006, 04:42:55 PM
I've played the role of Jean Valjean twice in Les Miz. Both times I wanted to be Javert.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You