News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK Profile Photo
Member Name: LondonTheatreUK
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

times article regarding eating in the theatre
 Jan 6 2007, 07:01:41 AM
"It wasn't until I went to London and saw icecream, popcorn and pop inside(and had to HEAR it while trying to listen to the show)that I even realized they did this."

I've never seen popcorn and pop inside...

"I think Patti LuPone's a bit two-faced here. She has worked in London's West End and they allow ice cream to be sold and eaten in their theaters. So her appalled attitude doesn't quite cut it."

Yes, but the ice cream tubs are only sold during the interval an

What do you expect from a Front of House team?
 Dec 31 2006, 10:52:32 PM
What do you expect from a Front of House team (ushers/house managers etc.) in a theatre? In terms of what you expect to be provided for you, quality of service - what makes you think "They were very nice and helpful!" and what makes you think "Gah, where do they GET these people?" etc.

Interested to hear thoughts as some people's theatrical experiences do not seem to be affected by FOH staff as much as others. The good and the bad please!

re: Little Shop of Horrors at Menier Chocolate Factory
 Dec 1 2006, 07:06:19 PM
Low-res images: http://www.hostinglondon.co.uk/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?archiveId=5054&SF_LASTSEARCH=%28IPTC025+contains+%28Keating+%29%29&SF_FIELD1_GROUP=1&SF_GROUP1_BOOLEAN=and&SF_FIELD1=Little+Shop&SF_SEARCHINRESULT=0
re: WEST END Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 May 20 2006, 01:51:48 PM
Precisely. I haven't been to the West End since.....Feb last year probably but I keep up with it news-wise. However I attend my local theatre and other theatres very regularly and find immense enjoyment in doing so. Keep the regions going folks!
re: theatre dead????
 Apr 15 2006, 01:38:50 PM
There are thousands (millions?) of shows around the world each year. Not everyone can possibly know of all of them unfortunately But some are recorded. The Theatre Museum in London runs the National Video Archive and records about 3 or 4 West End shows a year. You can view any video they have at the museum, royalty free.

More info: http://theatremuseum.org/natvidarc/default.php

Apr 9 2006, 06:48:22 AM
I was not aware that I had been rude...apologies if it seemed like that.

---------

THE 70'S CULT CLASSIC FILM IS
BROUGHT TO LIFE ON STAGE

Based on the film ‘The Harder They Come’
produced & directed by Perry Henzell
& co-written with Trevor Rhone

The film that ignited the worldwide reggae revolution now explodes on stage.

Country-boy Ivan leaves home in the Jamaican countryside and travels to Kingston , his head full of songs that he h

Apr 8 2006, 06:30:26 PM
Mmmhmm. I'm not sure how I'd define "small" now you bring it up. I think I'd define it on size of venue at the moment, but will be reviewing my thoughts now! lol

Incidentally creasemouse, have you seen Musical of Musicals? I've heard good things about it. Even better than Forbidden Broadway?

Apr 8 2006, 06:20:59 PM
The only thing you said about London was "We need lots of small exciting musicals to sweep london" - the rest of what you said seemed to apply to Britain initiated by the words "In Britain"...and musical theatre generally. If you are quoting from another site, it may also help to put that in a quote box so it is clear to people.

Name one small musical in London currently? The Harder They Come at Theatre Royal Stratford East.

re: new british musucals?
 Apr 1 2006, 01:08:45 PM
It was cancelled shortly before it began due to lack of ticket sales according to Grant's website.
re: WWRY CLOSING
 Feb 9 2006, 05:38:20 AM
LOTR just premiered in Toronto. People who have gone to see it already, including press, say that it is rather good - have you seen it? It was originally going to premiere in London anyway but will come here after the Toronto engagement.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You