theatre dead????

LondonTheatreUK Profile Photo
LondonTheatreUK
#4re: theatre dead????
Posted: 4/8/06 at 6:20pm

The only thing you said about London was "We need lots of small exciting musicals to sweep london" - the rest of what you said seemed to apply to Britain initiated by the words "In Britain"...and musical theatre generally. If you are quoting from another site, it may also help to put that in a quote box so it is clear to people.

Name one small musical in London currently? The Harder They Come at Theatre Royal Stratford East.

LondonTheatreUK
#6re: theatre dead????
Posted: 4/8/06 at 6:30pm

Mmmhmm. I'm not sure how I'd define "small" now you bring it up. I think I'd define it on size of venue at the moment, but will be reviewing my thoughts now! lol

Incidentally creasemouse, have you seen Musical of Musicals? I've heard good things about it. Even better than Forbidden Broadway?

LondonTheatreUK
#10re: theatre dead????
Posted: 4/9/06 at 6:48am

I was not aware that I had been rude...apologies if it seemed like that.

---------

THE 70'S CULT CLASSIC FILM IS
BROUGHT TO LIFE ON STAGE

Based on the film ‘The Harder They Come’
produced & directed by Perry Henzell
& co-written with Trevor Rhone

The film that ignited the worldwide reggae revolution now explodes on stage.

Country-boy Ivan leaves home in the Jamaican countryside and travels to Kingston , his head full of songs that he hopes will earn him fame and fortune. But fortune is hard to find as Ivan is ripped off by shady record producers and corrupt cops. He does find the fame he craves - but for all the wrong reasons.

---------

I don't know anything more about Enchanted than whats already been said in other threads. Sorry!

LondonTheatreUK
#15re: theatre dead????
Posted: 4/15/06 at 1:38pm

There are thousands (millions?) of shows around the world each year. Not everyone can possibly know of all of them unfortunately re: theatre dead???? But some are recorded. The Theatre Museum in London runs the National Video Archive and records about 3 or 4 West End shows a year. You can view any video they have at the museum, royalty free.

More info: https://theatremuseum.org/natvidarc/default.php

Videos