News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BenSaysOiVey

BenSaysOiVey Profile Photo
Member Name: BenSaysOiVey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Belters
 Aug 24 2008, 01:46:32 AM
Sorry but if you've ever listened to Bernadette Peters in MACK & MABEL, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, GYPSY or SONG & DANCE you wouldn't be ignorant enough to say she can't belt.

I'd add the brilliant belters:

Sherie Rene Scott
Karen Olivo
Lillias White
Jennifer Holliday
Michele Lee
Suttton Foster
Andrea Burns
Andrea McArdle

re: Germann, Pyle flying into BOEING
 Aug 24 2008, 01:44:19 AM
Kathryn Hann is the best thing about this play. I'd see it without Whitford and McCormack, not sure I'd see it without brilliant Hann.
re: Letts to pen OSAGE COUNTY screenplay - film in the works
 Aug 6 2008, 01:29:08 AM
Meryl Streep is my favorite screen actress but there is no way that she could pull off Barbara. She is much more appropriate for Violet, and I would actually love to see her tackle that role.
I also enjoy the idea of Jane Fonda as Violet, another choice that I would love is Sally Field.
The idea of Laura Linney as Barb is great, but I would like to see Rachel Griffith tackle the role (Patricia Clarkson and Toni Collette would work as well).
Somethingwicked's suggestion of Kathy Bates

re: The Hours - A chamber musical?
 Jul 30 2008, 01:52:27 AM
I have always thought it would make a fascinating musical in the style of PASSION. Sondheim is of course my top choice with Toni Collette as Laura, Donna Murphy as Clarissa, and maybe someone like Natasha Richardson as Virginia Woolf. Of course all of the ladies from the film have done Broadway and would be great in their roles, but I'd also love to see some of the great dramatic musical theater actresses tackle these fantastic women.
I adore both the book and the film, and Philip Glass' sc

re: WICKED in Chicago
 Jun 2 2008, 01:59:59 AM
It had to be over a year, because I saw her first last Feb (07) and then this past weekend. But AEA has provisions for vacations...she couldn't have taken a week here or there? Hm, well, glad she's getting a big chunk of time off--anyone would need that!--and will be able to close the run here.
re: Parade vs. The Will Rogers Follies (March Madness, Round 2, game 8)
 Mar 21 2008, 12:55:37 PM
I can't believe I'm the first person to ask this on this...ummm Herman's Parade? Or JRB's Cause that makes ALL the difference. Trust me.
re: Bio's..what are they coming to?
 Feb 9 2008, 02:11:55 AM
I saw the show when I guess she first started and read her bio and thought wow she can't be that stupid, I'm pretty sure its meant to be a joke/funny but I feel like for bway its a waist of space and just unprofessional, you can be funny and not mock it at the same time. and come off as "special", as in the short bus kind.

oh look im yet another person thats not me, way to fix a problem several moths old

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You