News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WearSunblock

Member Name: WearSunblock
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/24/24
 Mar 26 2024, 03:37:07 PM

I'm happy Sweeney is still doing well even with Foster missing a show.  (Tveit and de Waal were wonderful together!!)  

Has a recent show ever limped along as badly as Wine and Roses?  Even Bad Cinderella had an uptick before it closed.  I didn't love it, but I had hoped it would end stronger than this.

Have you ever seen a musical on Broadway that didn't get a standing ovation?
 Mar 23 2024, 08:05:38 PM

Weirdly enough, because the audience was really into it AND it was a great performance, but nobody stood when I saw Avenue Q on Broadway.  I really wanted to, but I was too nervous to stand on my own back then.  (I could not see the mezzanine, so I'm not sure if people stood up there, but nobody stood in the orchestra.)

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/17/24
 Mar 19 2024, 06:12:52 PM

How did Into the Woods do after its closing was announced?  Were all of replacements announced when the closing was announced?  How is Sweeney comparing?

Also, do NYC schools get an entire week off for spring break before Easter??  Numbers will hopefully keep improving across the board with the holiday.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Oct 21 2023, 09:31:59 AM

Long time lurker (over 10 years) first time poster...because this topic fascinates me.  I first saw Tveit in Assassins.  I loved it.  I thought he was excellent in the role (and very funny at stage door-all stage doors should be in bars!!) I found his Ballad of Booth to be haunting, but I agree that it was the end of the show that sealed the deal for me.  He was scary and bat-**** crazy.  I turned to my boyfriend at the time, and I said, "I get it" about him

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You