News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Alix

Alix Profile Photo
Member Name: Alix
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Four Moulin Rouge tix for sale, Saturday, 8/11 matinee  Aug 7 2018, 10:19:32 AM

I have four tickets to Moulin Rouge available for this Saturday's matinee. Center Dress Circle, row F 109, 111, 113, and 115. Paid $159.50 plus fees for each, asking $100 each. PM me if interested!

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall  Oct 13 2016, 01:23:15 PM

Thanks, smidge! I was hoping I was right! :)

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall  Oct 13 2016, 12:37:16 PM

Ahh, so excited for this! He will be stunning.

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall  Oct 12 2016, 10:38:41 PM

I saw Lena on Sunday too. She's a force of nature--just a beautiful, masterful, revelatory performance. She's now probably my favorite Hedwig after JCM. And the tour looks fantastic!

HEDWIG TOUR  Oct 5 2016, 11:14:30 AM

Euan Morton?

Just grabbed tix  Jul 28 2016, 03:35:34 PM

Sounds like Shannon Conley will be the Yitzhak understudy on tour and will play Yitz when Lena plays Hedwig. Great news!

http://www.playbill.com/article/who-will-play-yitzhak-when-lena-hall-is-on-as-hedwig-on-tour

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 18 2015, 06:48:45 PM

Wow. Was not expecting this just yet. They had a wonderful run, though. I'm feeling very torn on whether to try to go to the final performance. I haven't been back since JCM's last show, and part of me (most of me) thinks there really couldn't be a better last show than that one.

Applause Before  Jul 27 2015, 10:56:42 AM

I much prefer silence, but agree that a smattering of applause is probably the worst option. I saw JCM's last show before his knee surgery and he got a standing ovation after "Wicked Little Town Reprise"--one of I believe four that night. In that moment, it felt to me like the audience was applauding John getting through the show--the week--in that condition. I believe some people even applauded mid-song when the platform started to rise.

timisimaginary, I was also at John's last s

Hedwig after Taye  Jul 23 2015, 05:01:17 PM

I've also always thought Raul Esparza would be a wonderful Hedwig--I would kill to hear him sing the score--but, sadly, he isn't a big enough name.

I adore Alan and would absolutely not miss him as Hedwig if/when it happens, but he doesn't seem ideal to me. Something about his body language/movements and, to a lesser extent, his voice I just don't see working, but he's an excellent actor and would, I'm sure, do interesting things with the role.

&nb

Dear Evan Hansen  Jul 13 2015, 01:45:45 PM

Thanks, Actriz2, for the Pay Your Age info! I'd looked into tickets a bit but had totally missed that. Glad I didn't buy them before I knew! I'll be seeing this sometime in the next few weeks. Very much looking forward to it!

David Burtka - IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU  Jul 9 2015, 02:46:04 PM

Link--tweet doesn't seem to be displaying correctly

The Visit (the ending/Anton's fate)  Jun 1 2015, 03:24:39 PM

I saw it on 4/25, a couple days after opening night, and Anton was shot. I thought the shooting was very effective, and it sounds like the strangling was not, so it seems like a good change. I'm also curious about the gun's prominence in the show before the change was made.

So happy I was able to see this when I did--I fear I may have never had the chance if I'd waiting until my next trip to New York. Very much looking forward to the cast album.

&n

Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows  Jun 1 2015, 03:09:13 PM

I saw Ralph Fiennes, Edward Norton, and Woody Harrelson all at the same performance of Cabaret during Emma Stone's first week. Edward and Woody were sitting together; Ralph seemed to be there separately.

Just before the last Cabaret revival closed, when Adam Pascal was the Emcee, I sat next to John Stamos.

And on Valentine's Day, I sat in front of Billy Eichner at Hedwig. Not super famous (yet), but I adore him.

Barrett Wilbert Weed and Wes Taylor in Cabaret in DC  May 21 2015, 09:16:22 PM

Thanks for the link, nobodyhome! And for clarifying about the "Jewish" line. For some reason it stood out to me as strange last week, but I've seen several productions over the years and I guess most of them must have used the "Jewish," too, since that was the original/licensed line. I was curious, so I just checked my copy of the '98 script and it is "Yiddish" there. But in Mendes's '93 London production, it was "Jewish."

Barrett Wilbert Weed and Wes Taylor in Cabaret in DC  May 21 2015, 01:44:51 PM

"Are they using the stage version of the original finale, as indicated by GetUp&LiveIt ('the principals repeated their lines referencing their blindness to the outside world") or the version used on the original cast recording, as indicated by Alix ("the main characters each reprising a bit of their songs")?"

Oh, it was probably lines of dialogue, like GetUp&LiveIt said. I can't say I recall exactly; I was a bit distracted by the Nazi raid going on below. The

HAMILTON on Broadway  May 14 2015, 03:10:53 PM

Thanks!

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  May 14 2015, 03:10:08 PM

I definitely think JCM will do it again at some point, but isn't How to Talk to Girls at Parties beginning filming around that time?

HAMILTON on Broadway  May 14 2015, 03:06:21 PM

Sorry to threadjack, but Hamilton has me wondering . . . If, for example, Jonathan Groff were to open the show and play King George for several months, then left the show in the winter and a replacement King George stepped in at that time, well before the Tonys cutoff, could both Groff and the replacement be eligible for Tonys? Or is only the opening-night cast eligible?

Barrett Wilbert Weed and Wes Taylor in Cabaret in DC  May 14 2015, 11:11:11 AM

Agree it doesn't have much in common with the Mendes/Marshall production, but I do think it would appear very similar based on the clips they've released. Part of me wonders if that's intentional, actually.

There are a few bits of choreography that are the same as the Mendes/Marshall production, but there are bits taken from the film, too. The choreography felt original, overall. Barrett performs the beginning of "Don't Tell Mama" on a swing!

Barrett Wilbert Weed and Wes Taylor in Cabaret in DC  May 14 2015, 10:27:57 AM

GetUp&LiveIt beat me to it, but I just wrote up my summary as well, so I'm posting it anyway. *MORE SPOILERS AHEAD*

At the end of “If You Could See Her” (I think just before “she wouldn’t look Jewish at all” ) the Emcee takes off the head part of the gorilla’s costume, revealing a Jewish-looking Kit Kat Girl. He walks offstage before the song ends and she’s left standing there in dim lighting, in the gorilla suit, look

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You