News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Robert McDonald

Member Name: Robert McDonald
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Richard Kraft to produce musical comedy inspired by viral Willy Wonka disaster
 Mar 17 2024, 02:08:41 PM

Well it can’t be any worse than the actual Charlie and the Chocolate Factory musical

Baker's Wife in Into The Woods Arc
 Feb 23 2024, 05:04:34 PM

Another fun Baker's Wife tidbit: Maybe They're Magic was originally a full length song rather than the short little ditty it ended up as. There's a recording out there of Joanna Gleason singing it in a very early reading. I definitely get why it was cut down, the rest of it was pretty redundant, but the lyrics and music were fun and it's too bad they haven't been preserved elsewhere.

FOLLIES Movie Adaptation in the Works!!
 Feb 13 2024, 06:21:52 PM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "15 years ago, Meryl would've been perfect."

She could still make a great Carlotta. I’d love to hear her take on I’m Still Here.

FOLLIES Movie Adaptation in the Works!!
 Feb 13 2024, 03:56:04 AM

While trying to research this, I stumbled upon this website instead:

https://www.mycast.io/stories/follies

Some of these casting choices really crack me up, although I gotta admit, the idea of Whoopi Goldberg as Carlotta is quickly growing on me.

Duet Musical Numbers that have a gay guy and straight girl well any girl. (We’re both NOT poc)
 Feb 12 2024, 12:42:17 AM

How Can Love Survive from the Sound of Music. Bear with me on this. While this is kind of a love song, the two characters are not actually the ones in love.

Great songs given to minor/insignificant characters
 Feb 5 2024, 02:48:33 AM

You’re Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile! It may be a given since it is the traditional irrelevant act II opener, but it’s one of the most well known songs from the score and Burt Healy does not exist outside the one scene.

Funniest Lyrics
 Jan 22 2024, 04:29:35 AM

Alex Kulak2 said: "For me, I've always been partial to "The Last One You'd Expect" fromGentleman's Guide."

Pretty much any song from A Gentleman’s Guide has hysterical lyrics.

I raise “Can That Boy Foxtrot!”, cut from Follies. Especially Carole Cook’s rendition from the S.T.A.G.E. concert.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You