News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicAndPassion

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicAndPassion
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 25 2020, 11:38:57 PM

My single seat for The Minutes was Row D of the Mezz, Seat 23. Missed most of Jessie Mueller's performance and all that occurred in her corner of the stage.

THE INHERITANCE to close  Feb 25 2020, 11:37:35 PM

Shifting the conversation - I'm returning to see Part 2 tomorrow evening. With some cast changes and understudies on, I'm looking for a detailed synopsis of Part 1. I saw Part 1 back in November and need a refresher. Sadly all copies of the play on Amazon and other sources are on hold until March 3.

Can someone share a Part 1 detailed recap or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

The Minutes Preview Thread  Feb 25 2020, 11:33:13 PM

I absolutely loved this tonight. After recently discussions with my boyfriend about how privileges are earned/given and tribalism in politics, I found this play to through ideas in your face rather than explore them as questions. This is how I had hoped Letts would continue to grow as a playwright. Unlike other shows this season, this one is very timely. 

I'll return to this. Absolutely loved it and how well it fits into the question of the season - how well do one-act 90-ish

The Minutes Preview Thread  Feb 24 2020, 11:05:39 PM

I'll be there tomorrow. After Linda Vista, I'm hoping for a more classic punch from Letts with this play. I think it will deliver.

SIX - Preview ThreadI was  Feb 13 2020, 11:12:31 PM

I was also there tonight. Saw this cast during its Chicago run and instantly fell in love with the show and their performances. The entire run tonight felt tight, together, and celebratory for them *finally* being on Broadway. The energy was electric albeit loud and concert-like, but I'll give it to the first preview factor. (It's actually why I rushed to see the show tonight!)

The merchandise is excellent for show. There are varieties of shirts, a tote bag for each queen, enam

Is SIX the new BE MORE CHILL?  Feb 13 2020, 05:30:16 PM

Six is nowhere close to being on the same level as Be More Chill. The only mild connection it has is that people in the States found out about the show through social media platforms. However, the show is an Olivier Award nominated hit on the West End (where many Broadway hits originated from) while Be More Chill played a regional theatre in New Jersey first. Six has embarked on several national tours in various countries, while Be More Chill didn't. Six is a product of this post-Hamilton

Jamie  Jan 26 2020, 10:53:25 AM

I really want this to transfer to Broadway. I think it would have a nice run and be well received. I can definitely see Visage as Ms. Hedge. I think they could pull a few drag queens from the New York City scene like they did in London.

I agree that we'd need to see Jamie/Mimi Me in drag and have some sort of performance. They'd need to make a scene that doesn't remind us of Kinky Boots. Additionally, I need a bit more gusto in the finale/ending scenes.

My biggest is

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 1 2019, 09:30:41 PM

Where have seats for Oklahoma! been recently? I just grabbed 3 tickets to this Thursday's performance.

Mack and mabel  Jul 10 2019, 10:00:38 AM

Gosh, I hope these rumors are true. Hey, Look Me Over was an enjoyable night of theatre with Broadway star after star up on that stage. The Mack & Mabel highlights were, in my opinion, the strongest part of the whole revue. The buzz at intermission was incredible. Sills and Socha were quite talents in their section.

As the New York Times says here in December, when's it gonna happen?

Gary  Apr 21 2019, 12:12:49 PM

Saw this last night, too. It was marvelous! Quite a quick, smart, and hilariously written play. All three of the cast members were incredible in their respective roles. I hope they all get nominated this spring.

Will I go back? Probably not. Will I read this play and hope to see another production, perhaps in Taylor Mac's Dionysia Festival? Absolutely.  

Hillary and Clinton previews  Apr 10 2019, 06:44:47 AM

Context question: How much of the play goes into the actual night of the New Hampshire primary in 2008? I was in southern New Hampshire that night, voted, and was at an Obama rally where he gave his famous "Yes We Can" speech. It's was a pretty memorable and important night for New Hampshire and myself. 

I'm seeing this next week and was wondering if the play goes into what was going on or if it just uses the nation's first primary date and location in 2008 a

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Apr 3 2019, 11:44:14 PM

Agreed, stevo3041. And I thought it was LEAGUES better than The Addams Family. (Addams is close to Gettin' the Band Back Together for worst musical I've seen on Broadway.)

Had TDF tickets tonight. Great row from the house right side of Row C of the mezz.

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Apr 3 2019, 11:29:50 PM

Saw this tonight. There was a "technical difficulties" hold for about 5 minutes from 9:10 to 9:15. I have many thoughts on this show, but by no means would I call it bad. It's commercial fun and an entertaining night at the theatre.

The performances and characterizations are strong. Personally, I thought the best moments were when Butler, McClure, and Krizter were on stage. They were fantastic. There was this great song and scene between Beetlejuice and Lily on the roof t

"The Hello Girls" at 59E59 Theatre  Nov 23 2018, 09:34:51 AM

AntV, I thought it was just an ensemble presenting their stories when I bought the tickets. Once the show started, there was a clear plot. Main character, conflict(s), subplot, and all other pieces of a story that make a musical a strong way to share history.

"The Hello Girls" at 59E59 Theatre  Nov 18 2018, 11:14:49 PM

I saw this last night and it was marvelous! Every song was beautiful. The lyrics were smart, clever, and illuminated the score in a way most Broadway shows fail to do. The performances and staging were excellent. I hope this has a successful life and continues to grow - I think this could be a hit! The story is as timely today as it was 100 years ago.

Would Jesse Eisenberg be a big enough name for a Parade Revival?  Sep 19 2018, 12:46:34 PM

Euan Morton was incredible as Leo Frank at Ford's Theatre in 2011. He looked very much like Leo Frank, and I'd love for him to tackle the role again.

What's next for Kerry Butler?  Aug 10 2018, 11:57:27 AM

She tweeted this morning saying If you were hoping to see me in @MeanGirlsBway I would come ASAP. That’s all I can say for now

Any thoughts on what her next project could be?

2018 Shakespeare in the Park  Aug 10 2018, 11:11:39 AM

Twelfth Night is my favorite play by Shakespeare. I thoroughly enjoy various adaptations of the play. I've seen the production starting Derek Jacobi in the West End, a production of marionette puppets on table settings at La Mama, the all male production on Broadway from a few years ago, and this musical adaptation. 

This production is excellent. It's fun, refreshing, entertaining, and highly enjoyable. Shaina Taub should be the next biggest name in musical theatre. Even O

HEAD OVER HEELS Reviews  Jul 26 2018, 08:21:49 PM

It’s not too hard to envision a simple but at least workable structure for a Go-Go’s jukebox musical. It could have been about a “Good Girl” who goes on “Vacation” and falls “Head Over Heels” for a “Cool Jerk.”

This AM NY review is terrible. It seems Matt Windman disliked it because the show wasn't what he wanted it to be. Those jukebox musicals have been done time and time again. What Head Over Heels does it

Carousel - Act II Replacement  May 30 2018, 10:54:02 PM

I saw the Carousel revival tonight. (First time seeing a production, and first time being exposed to the work.)

The entire cast was in and sounded fabulous. Renee Fleming opened the second act with her scene, but for "You'll Never Walk Alone" was gone and a character with some lines here and there sung the ballad. I thought it was odd that a random character sung such a high profile song. During curtain call, Jessie Mueller paused to say something along the lines

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You