News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JoshuaEads

JoshuaEads Profile Photo
Member Name: JoshuaEads
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/JoshuaEadsBrown
Blog Address:
Profile: JOSHUA EADS-BROWN (Hedwig) is thrilled to be stepping back into the heels of such an amazing character, having previously played the role in January of this year at The Abbey! He tends to spend most of his professional life dressed in women's clothes. Such times include playing Adele in "Joan Crawford's House Party" at the Fringe Festival, Mary Sunshine in Theatre Downtown's wildly successful "Chicago", his hit cabaret "Funny Story...Life's A Drag!", performing multiple roles with Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows, and as Ginger Minj!, national award winning female impersonator, who is a show host at Bananas Diner! Favorite roles include Brad in "Rocky Horror" (opposite Janine Klein as Janet), The Lion in "The Wiz", Tobias in "Sweeney Todd", Seymour in "Little Shop", and Arnold in "Torch Song Trilogy". Special "thaaaaaanks!" to Janine, Amy, Robert, Jimmi & Minx, Bruce, The Band, Muppet Head, and his awesome hubby, William! P.S. - He is poor, so you should give him money. Or food. Mmmm...foooood.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is NEXT TO NORMAL'S post-Broadway life more successful than usual?
 Sep 24 2012, 05:27:20 PM
I love the show and I'm thrilled that it is finding such success after Broadway, but I agree that it's almost over-kill! We've already had three local productions within a 50 mile radius this year, some who shared costumes and cast members. Not to mention the other dozen or so within a few hours drive. I really enjoy the show, but I think I could do without another local production for a while. Just my two cents.

Joshua

Into the Woods - Songs written for the film
 Aug 16 2012, 02:59:29 AM
Not a huge fan of "I Wish", but I really like "Rainbows". Other than these three songs and the cast of the reading, I'm really not familiar with the movie that almost was. IS there a script floating around online??
Hedwig Revival?
 Jul 17 2012, 04:18:19 PM
I ran across it several years back. I remember enjoying it overall, but found his accent (while speaking) a little distracting and maybe just a pinch over the top at times. I'll see if I can find it again ...
Bette Midler in GYPSY
 Jul 17 2012, 04:15:46 PM
I remember sitting, riveted, in front of the TV with mom, grandma, my sister, and my next door neighbors when this originally aired. It was such an event in our little town! I loved everything about it. Years later, looking at the film with a more critical eye, I still love it, but can certainly see its faults. While some of Bette's moments are indeed over-the-top, you can't really argue that she isn't completely invested in every single moment. I'll take over-enthusiastic musical comedy scene-chewing to dead eyes any day. Just my two cents
Hedwig Revival?
 Jul 17 2012, 04:07:53 PM
Rapp played Hedwig in Pittsburgh, June of 2003. There's an audio recording of his whole show floating around somewhere online.
Hedwig Revival?
 Jul 16 2012, 12:22:14 PM
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember the website that was up for the better part of a decade that listed all of the many community, school, professional, etc. productions of the show? Someone asked me about it the other day, but I can't, for the life of me, remember what the site was called. Anyone?

XoXoX,
Joshua

Anyone see the original
 May 29 2012, 02:07:14 PM
Unfortunately, my only experience with the show was a local community theatre production about a decade ago. I found it sweet, if not a little lackluster and (sometimes) hard to follow. Of course, I'm sure that had a lot more to do with the production than the piece. I'd love to see a great production of it someday, to know exactly what I missed that first time.
So will Daddy Warbucks be a name?
 May 29 2012, 02:01:56 PM
I have always wanted to see John Goodman in the role. To me, he embodies the gruff teddy bear that (I feel) Daddy Warbucks should be. Just an opinion, and probably not a very likely possibility, but it'd make me see the show.
Little Shop of Horrors musical movie remake
 May 4 2012, 01:07:36 PM
I've always wanted them to re-release the Frank Oz movie in theaters with the original ending. Alas, that doesn't seem anywhere near the realm of possibilities right now. So, if they're going to remake the film, I'd much rather see someone like Patton Oswalt as Seymour. My first thought for Orin was Jon Hamm, as well. As with ANY production of "Little Shop", the most crucial (and difficult?) role to cast is Audrey. If this happens, I hope they get it right.

re: Sweeney Todd tour
 Oct 16 2008, 10:34:52 AM
ROFLMAO! Touche'.
re: Donkey
 Oct 2 2008, 12:26:53 AM
Maybe he'll make a return to "Hairspray" now ... even if only for a short time. He's a fantastic Seaweed!
 Oct 1 2008, 09:18:48 PM
I, personally, preferred the pre-Broadway poster AND production to what eventually transpired from the hands of Jerry Zaks.

And, yes, I remember reading about all of the DRASTIC changes made to Seussical. It's a shame that show didn't fare better; I thought it was sweet.

Oct 1 2008, 07:30:32 PM
Don't forget the majority of the company (sans Hunter Foster and Martin Robinson) were let go after the pre-Broadway run of the "Little Shop" revival. Even the poor Logo was replaced.

re: Monologue Needed
 Sep 25 2008, 12:12:16 PM
I would also look into something from "Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mama's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad!" by Arthur Kopit. Lots of great moments and monologues, most of them very macabre in tone.
re: Hamlet 2?
 Sep 25 2008, 12:07:36 PM
Kad,

I have to agree with you that it was mis-marketed. I went in expecting more of a ridiculous, offensive "South Park"-esque romp than a low-key comedy. Once I mentally changed gears, though, I really enjoyed it.

re: Rent Review (Spoilers)
 Sep 25 2008, 11:59:45 AM
Overall, I felt that the cinecast was done extremely well! The actors et al were superb and if I had to make one complaint it would be the excessive close-ups that seemed to jump from angle to angle very quickly. However, as other posters have pointed out, this smoothed itself out as the performance progressed, and wasn't nearly enough of a distraction to take away from my enjoyment of the film.

I dragged my husband, who moderately enjoyed the movie, but avoided the stage production li

re: Hamlet 2?
 Sep 25 2008, 11:46:06 AM
I have to admit that, while it started out extremely slow, it eventually gained speed and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Steve Coogan has always been a delight and his work in this film is no exception. However, I also agree that the plot is ridiculously predictable.

re: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to the Forum
 Sep 14 2008, 11:32:38 PM
I second (or third, I guess?) the '96 Revival.
re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
 Sep 7 2008, 08:26:30 PM
Having been very closely involved with the Broadway Company of "BATB" during Christy's run, I can attest to the fact that her name pulls! That theatre was packed with people of all ages who came just because of her; and my nieces and nephews back home thought it was the coolest thing that I actually knew "Kim Possible". My 17 year old nephew is still ga-ga over her. Whatever my personal opinions of her performance may be, they are neither here nor there; but I wouldn't doubt that her name still
re: Non Lloyd - Webber Phantom(s)
 Aug 26 2008, 01:50:16 AM
tourboi,

All very good points, and I agree to some extent; but, as a fan of the novel, I appreciate that they took the story and made it work for them. Of course, I'm probably a bit biased, as a local production of this version thrilled me beyond belief when I was young and just discovering the adult side of theatre. Who knew "The Wizard of Oz" and "Peter Pan" weren't all there was to Musical Theatre?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You