pixeltracker

Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!

Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#2re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 12:36am

Weird. I wouldn't have expected that.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#2re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 12:36am

She performed alongside the cast of Ave Q at the NYU orientation on Sunday. I wonder if that is how she got involved with the show.

[tos]fan999 Profile Photo
[tos]fan999
#3re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 12:40am

This makes me really excited.

<-----Bernadette Peters and Alexander Hanson in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.

Send in the clowns...Send in the crowds!

"I prefer neurotic people. I like to hear rumblings beneath the surface."-Stephen Sondheim

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#4re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 12:44am

Hmm..that's kind of random. It'll be funny hearing her say "F*** it sucks to be me!" Haha

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#5re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 12:52am

I'd love to hear her renditions of Fine, Fine Line and Special!
I think she'll fit in really well, I'm not all that suprised about the casting choice, maybe a bit because of her work with Disney, but she seems to have been able to disconnect herself from The Mouse easier than others, like Hillary Duff; much like Annette Funicello did in the first era of Disney Kid Stars.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

legallygreen2
#6re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 1:04am

Is it just me, or did Carey Anderson like, just start in this show? Wonder why she's leaving so soon when she exited Mama Mia early to do this show?

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#7re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 1:05am

So excited! I love Christy Carlson Romano and I regret not trekking down from my dorm to see Avenue Q perform at Gould, especially when my favorite show comes to perform at my school. I heard she was awesome though.

Chrissy*J
#8re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 1:06am

Sooo excited!

Chrissy*J

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#9re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 1:15am

I think she's a great choice for that part.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#10re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 1:23am

That's the girl from Even Stevens!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#11re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 1:35am

I am also wondering why Carey Anderson is leaving so soon. It felt like she just got there and she did leave Mamma Mia just to do this show. I wounder if she has something in the cards which is why she has a short stint.

I would have thought that Romano would have come into the show a little later on after Anderson had a decent length run in the show. I don't know maybe it's just me.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

killertofu333
#12re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 1:42am

Wow it's Kim Possible!!

I could lie and say that I have a younger sister who makes me watch it, but when I get sick of the 1 billionth episode of Law & Order on TNT I occasionally rock some good ol' fashioned Disney Channel. Yeah!

"I have the prettiest mother..."--Rhoda Penmark~~~ The Bad Seed

Parks
#13re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 3:03am

How was she in BATB?

I'll try the lottery for Q a time or two while she's in it! I'd love to see her live!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#14re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 3:10am

Odd. I seem to remember a lot of people on here hating her in Beauty and the Beast. Why is everyone now so thrilled?

Yankeefan007
#15re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 7:18am

I've heard this rumor for months...good to see it finally confirmed.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#16re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 7:24am

Carey Anderson knew when she joined the Broadway company that it would only be on an interim basis between Sarah Stiles leaving to do VANITIES and Romano coming in shortly thereafter.

Weren't there rumors a while ago that they were sending her out to the tour?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

ashley0139
#17re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 7:48am

How was she in BATB?

I didn't like her in BATB at all. It sounded (and looked) like she was straining for every note she sang.

This role, however, seems much more suited to her, I think.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

broadwayjim42
#18re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:11am

More power to her...way to break the Disney stranglehold.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#19re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:24am

somethingwicked,

I am confused. Rumors of sending who out on the tour. Were they thinking of sending Romano out on tour or send out Carey Anderson once she is done on with Avenue Q on Broadway.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

JillianMelko
#20re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:42am

I unfortanetly saw her in Beauty and the Beast twice and she was awful both times...I can however manage to picture her in Avenue Q, because she has a very nasal quality to her voice and she'd fit the voice type of Kate very well. She also played her Belle with a bit of sarcasm to her, so that also might come out with her Kate...it would be interesting to see, but I don't think I'd want to be dissapointed again.

"No Dream is Ever Given Without the Power to Make that Dream Come True"

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#21re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:43am

I'll tell you what I'm confused about:

This is obviously stunt casting, but I don't get it. People who will come to see Christy Carlson Romano will be too young for Avenue Q. Won't it be a bit inappropriate? I don't know, the whole thing is just weird.

Yankeefan007
#22re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:51am

"Even Stevens" was 5 years ago. Her fan base is older now, though it's arguable that she had a fan base to begin with.

"Stunt casting" is a phrase given when they cast a celebrity.

BustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
#23re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 9:03am

Wow, that was... unexpected.

I grew up on EVEN STEVENS (though mostly for Shia), so this is more than exciting for me.

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum

SporkGoddess
#24re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 9:12am

I dunno, her singing hasn't been that good lately AFAIK. She has a vocal wobble. :/

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Videos