News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for beccaface

beccaface Profile Photo
Member Name: beccaface
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SMASH First Look at Katharine McPhee & Megan Hilty as Marilyn
 Jan 10 2012, 07:02:24 AM
In performance, confidence is everything. It's the difference between a great performer and a girl with a good voice.
 Jan 7 2012, 09:58:11 PM
I hope it's great too. From what I've seen in the previews, it looks like Hilty's character is going to be sympathetic as well, which is nice. I would hate for her to be a stereotypical bitchy diva who gets shown up by the heartland of America down to earth girl.

And Bobby, I know that Marilyn as a real person had a terrible personal life and was very self deprecating, but if I was the casting director of this show, I'd want to know that the actress can do the big crowd pleasing numbers

Jan 7 2012, 05:44:02 PM
Angus, it might be part of the character, but if we're being realistic, an unassuming girl who is unaware of her talent shouldn't be in serious consideration for a lead role.
 Jan 7 2012, 10:57:21 AM
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been brought up yet, but is anyone else bothered by McPhee's audition scene? I haven't seen the pilot yet so I'm just going off the video that was posted yesterday.

First of all, her body language is completely closed off and demure. She doesn't look to be really selling the song and giving the energy that the role needs. Also, why in the world is she singing a contemporary song in a pop voice with Christina Aguilera riffs in an audition for Marilyn Monroe? W

Shows With Jewish Humor?
 Nov 28 2011, 02:45:45 AM
Make Me A Song, which is half revue and half Falsettos, has songs such as "Four Jews In A Room Bitching" and "Passover". William Finn is Jewish and a lot of his work has either traces of what can be called Jewish humor, or is just outright loud and proud of it's Jewish humor.
A musical or play you disliked the first time, but now like/love?
 Nov 18 2011, 11:18:15 PM
I hated Oklahoma until Hugh Jackman came along.

This is probably true for a lot of people, but I hated Shakespeare until I was old enough to understand it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You