News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Musical Director

Musical Director Profile Photo
Member Name: Musical Director
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Ellen Greene
 Dec 30 2008, 07:57:59 PM
I did a production of OLIVER at Northstage in Beverly Massachusetts about 8 years ago, and she played Nancy. A wonderful production directed by Jack Hofsis. What a sweet woman, and a powerful performer. We did an AIDS benefit during the run of that show, and she teamed up with one of the guys from the chorus and sang "Suddenly Seymour" !! It was fabulous!
re: Ann Miller sings I'm Still Here
 Nov 6 2008, 02:54:06 PM
The money was there to move the show...Roger Berlind and Chase Mishkin were the producers who were going to move the show...they saw it multiple times. After the Brantley review appeared we were a who's who of Broadway in who attended. And Mrs. Goldman was a lot more powerful than people think. It was a wonderful time and a thrill to go to work every day.
re: Ann Miller sings I'm Still Here
 Oct 31 2008, 05:39:40 PM
I was the Musical Director along with Tom Helm on that Paper Mill production and it was one of the high points of my career. What an experience!
re: Patti Lupone
 Aug 24 2008, 01:02:33 PM
I have worked with her at Lincoln Center in ANYTHING GOES, and we got along fine, but I did notice that when I came into the company everyone warned me that she was hateful. The entire ensemble HATED her. I personally don't believe there is any excuse for being rude...We all have a right to keep our dignity, and remember it's not what you say it's how you say it. She is very into playing THE STAR.
I also think she is overated. It was not a happy place to be while she was there. She was rep

re: The Best Little Whorehouse Goes Public vs. The Lion King (March Madness
 Mar 13 2008, 10:46:36 AM
I hate the Lion King...anything would be better than that show!
re: Patti - diva?
 May 24 2007, 06:25:40 PM
She is great to her fans....and she should be. Why can't she be nice to her colleagues?
re: Patti - diva?
 May 24 2007, 02:25:18 PM
I really don't understand all of this diva business. I have been working as a conductor in musical theatre for 35 years. I have been lucky enough in my career spending two years working with Angela Lansbury in SWEENEY TODD. There was never any diva behavior from her in any way. Always nice and considerate of all who worked with her. Anyone of those people would have done anything for her, because of the way she treated people. A real lady! She would greet fans in her dressing room after a perf
re: Oprah Winfrey and Jane Fonda at The Color Purple tonight
 May 21 2007, 07:55:27 PM
Come on, folks. Critically she has been overwhelmingly embraced. Give her credit...So she cries, so what? It's an honest emotion. Just because she won American Idol, doesn't negate what she has brought to THE COLOR PURPLE... Give her a break! I, for one, am thrilled for her!
re: Lenora Nemetz CHICAGO both roles in the same day!
 Apr 30 2007, 07:59:06 PM
I was there on the day....saw both shows....Marsha Bagwell is a great friend of mine and she was in the show, she told me it was going to happen, so I went! Fabulous, is the only word for Lenora Nemetz! I got to work with her later in GUYS AND DOLLS and she was an Adelaide to die for! And later I saw her in THE RINK, also with Chita Rivera. An incredible talent...she would be great in DROWSY CHAPERONE....
re: Has Anyone received their Grey Gradens OBC order from PSClassics?
 Apr 10 2007, 01:19:32 AM
I got mine on Saturday, the 7th.
re: Follies Revival in the Fall?
 Apr 6 2007, 01:03:20 PM
I think the chances of another FOLLIES revival are very slim...The Roundabout production did not do well... they tried to do it on the cheap...FOLLIES is a huge show and the production values are huge...as much as I love it! I did the Paper Mill production, and they spent a fortune on it. It is a fantastic show, but I don't think it is a commercial venture. I don't like saying this, but, sadly, I believe it is true.
re: Funny Girl at Lincoln Center?
 Apr 5 2007, 06:17:13 PM
I think it's interesting to note that before Barbra Streisand was found, the first choice was Anne Bancroft. If it happens, whoever does it will have a big mountain to climb.
re: Funny Girl at Lincoln Center?
 Apr 5 2007, 06:08:06 PM
Leslie Kritzer did it at Paper Mill and she was excellent....Years and years ago before his death, Jule Styne said that he wanted Bette Midler to do it. She's a little mature for it now, but she would be fabulous!
re: Papermill in Trouble
 Apr 4 2007, 12:24:19 AM
Christine Ebersole was wonderful in MAME.. I had done the revival in 1983 with Angela Lansbury and really thought going into it that I would probably like anyone in the role, but she was fabulous. The production was way over the top, but she was wonderful and the sweetest gal you would ever want to meet.
 Apr 3 2007, 05:40:37 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that someone remembers the days when Robert was there. He was all about taste. Thanks again,
Jim

Apr 3 2007, 04:55:36 PM
I really appreciate the clarification. Robert was all about taste. DOLLY is not a show that you do on the "cheap". Once again, thanks for remembering when things were great!

Jim

Apr 3 2007, 03:49:20 PM
I take exception that the productions looked cheap. The only shows that could possibly be said of are the shows where the sets were rented, which was not very often. I can only speak for the years that I was involved which was 1981-2000. The productions, whether you liked them or not, were anything but cheap. Shows like "Wizard of Oz", "Follies", and "Mame" cost well over a million dollars. They have such a stock of beautiful scenery that they were able to reuse things. The Paper Mill was qua
 Apr 3 2007, 10:42:36 AM
This makes me so sad. In the course of Paper Mill's history I have conducted 25 productions beginning with the opening of the new theatre after the fire. That first show was ROBERT AND ELIZABETH, starring Leigh Beery and Mark Jacoby. What an exciting night! Paper Mill has been around, I think, since 1938, and what a treasure it is. Other shows that I did there were SIDE BY SIDE BY SONDHEIM, with Helen Gallagher, Judy Kaye, Larry Kert, and George Rose, CAROUSEL, NINE, CANDIDE, THE MERRY WIDOW,
What about Liza as THE DROWSY CHAPERONE?
 Feb 9 2007, 04:26:36 PM
I think that Liza would be an interesting choice as the DROWSY CHAPERONE. I know that it's a supporting role, but she is getting older and might really enjoy being in this wonderful show. The song, "As We Stumble Along", is right up her alley. What do you think? Just a thought!
re: Sondheim's Letter to the NY TIMES Editor Regarding Company
 Dec 10 2006, 11:51:41 AM
Andrew Lloyd Webber would have never written that letter to the Times, either. He is more than happy to take all the credit. Mr. Sondheim is a gentleman and a REAL collaborator. That was a very classy thing to do.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You