News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ALWrules

ALWrules Profile Photo
Member Name: ALWrules
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Just look at the name and that's all you need to know

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Howard McGillan Contract?
 Oct 24 2007, 08:20:34 PM
Anyone know how long he is contracted to stay in POTO? I'm seeing it in January and want to know if he'll still be in it.
re: Rate the musical above you.
 May 7 2007, 11:49:39 PM

Song and Dance

re: Josh Groban as the Phantom
 Jan 8 2007, 07:32:51 PM
I've heard worse. It wasn't that bad other than the Ab, which was horrific. But like others have pointed out, I don't think he could act it like Crawford or Mcgillian have.
re: Train Wrecks You Wish You'd Seen
 Jan 3 2007, 10:24:59 AM
regarding merrily we roll along, I don't think anyone is arguing against the merits of the score or the strength of the source material in general. I think more I and others refer to it as a "train wreck" because the creative team never really figured out what to do with it. They could never really solve the problem of the book that came along with the source material. Staging the reversal of time is not easy.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/24/2006
 Dec 28 2006, 05:39:05 PM
I seem to remember Bway doing a lot better this weeks last year year.
Wow thats' a shame about Company. The performance I went to was well attended, but I don't know if that show will be able to build an audience.
As for The Producers, I'm not that surprised about Danza having nil effect. He isn't that great in the role, and his casting falls under the "too little too late" category.
Good to see Spring Awakening doing better. Even though I didn't love the show, I almost a

John Lithgow
 Oct 17 2006, 11:03:47 AM
Jekyll and Hyde
re: Best Songs Cut From Broadway Musicals
 Oct 10 2006, 09:10:18 PM
The Man I love was cut. Interesting, because it's such a standard now.
re: Best Songs Cut From Broadway Musicals
 Oct 10 2006, 08:24:32 PM
The Lady's Got Potential from Evita. Tim Rice at his finest, although I do love The Art of the Possible very much as well.
re: Forbidden Broadway Showtune
 Oct 2 2006, 11:51:10 PM
Phantom of the Musical, it's what got me hooked to Forbidden Bway in the beginning!
re: SOME changes to be in Les Mis Revival
 Sep 28 2006, 07:29:13 PM
Cut stars!!!! That is such an incredible song in my book.
re: so what's going on with the orchestras???
 Sep 28 2006, 07:28:09 PM
I really hope they don't have synthesized orchestra. When I saw Oklahoma on tour in LA, the orchestra was partially synthesized, and it really made a difference.
And as for Doyle doing Les miz, I think that would be catastrophic

re: Why was Laura Michelle Kelly not offered Mary Poppins...
 Sep 3 2006, 06:03:56 PM
I heard she had a falling-out with Mackintosh
re: Break-even for Sweeney
 Aug 2 2006, 01:03:04 PM
Thanks Margo!
re: Webber Fears Musicals Future
 Aug 2 2006, 01:02:27 PM
I agree that there is some hypocracy, considering this is the man who not only wrote Cats, but don't forget Starlight Express and By Jeeves, both of which are pretty frivolous musicals.
However, I think he is also trying to say that there is a problem in musical theater today because there are very few serious works out there. Many shows do focus on the "feel-good factor," because frankly it creates a better musical. Starlight ran for 17 years in London, and Cats for about the same time o

Break-even for Sweeney
 Aug 2 2006, 12:50:23 PM
What is Sweeney's break-even for a weekly gross? Because it is a small cast and no orchestra, I imagine it being pretty low. I hope it is moderately low because of the mediocre attendence it has been getting recently. Anyway know or have good estimates?
Break-even for Sweeney
 Aug 2 2006, 12:50:22 PM
What is Sweeney's break-even for a weekly gross? Because it is a small cast and no orchestra, I imagine it being pretty low. I hope it is moderately low because of the mediocre attendence it has been getting recently. Anyway know or have good estimates?
re: Today's Birthdays 7/12
 Jul 12 2006, 10:49:05 AM
If you got Caeser's birthday from the Shakespeare play, I doubt that that is historically accurate. I also doubt that someone born in Caeser's era would have a recorded day of birth. But I could be wrong.
re: Funniest Musical?
 Jul 2 2006, 09:45:38 AM
The Producers is hands down my favorite comedic musical.
re: Broadway Name game
 Jul 1 2006, 12:29:12 PM
Yul Brynner (spelling?)
re: I love this Cast Recording?
 Jun 9 2006, 06:58:50 PM
I've been listening to Anyone Can Whistle, which I love.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You