I love this Cast Recording?

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#0I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:15am

What cast recording have you bought lately that you LOVE?

I bought The Wedding Singer and I haven't stopped listening to it. I had never heard the music to it and it was on sale so I bought it. To think that I almost bought the Canadian Cast of The Phantom of The Opera recording. I'm so glad that I bought The Wedding Singer.

Facebook...ME !!!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:17am

Im glad you like it, the show is even better!
I will have to agree, this is probably one of my favorite CDs. I also bought not too long ago "Tick Tick Boom!" and i love it! Amy Spanger is in both recordings. I love her.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 6/9/06 at 02:17 AM

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#2re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:21am

Of the recent ones, I think Jersey Boys is a great cast recording. It's just very well made. Well, Bob Gaudio himself produced it himself after all.

~Steven

thevolleyballer
#3re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:25am

I bought Jersey Boys the other day, and thought it would be my new favorite. Then I bought Wedding Singer the following day, and haven't even touched Jersey Boys since. I'm regretting that I wasted money on JB now!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#4re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:30am

Wasted money? Did you not like it?
I haven't yet heard The Wedding Singer, so I cannot comment on it. It sounds fun, though.

~Steven

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#5re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:32am

I havent purchased any NEW albums recently.

But my favorite cast recording I have is my Japanese Cast Album of A Chorus Line. Its superb.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#6re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:35am

Sweeney is also wonderful.
What else came out recently? I haven't bought too many of the new ones either.

~Steven

muscle23ftl
#7re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:41am

I know i am going to get attacked, but a friend bought me the CD of Sweeney and i tried listening to it about 10 times and i can't stand it. I love Patti Lupone, but i don't enjoy it.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

MyMeredithMonster Profile Photo
MyMeredithMonster
#8re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:46am

I just bought Wedding Singer today and I've already listened to the whole thing twice (working on a third round now). It really is great! I'm going to try and get the Sweeney revival next since the show was so amazing.

"Yeah, Clarissa, explain it all."

RentBoy86
#9re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:59am

Sweeney isn't really a disc that you just "play" like while in the car. It's more of a background CD to me. I love it and I think it's brillant, but it's not one of my favorite recordings. I know Wedding Singer will be my favorite when I get paid and finally buy it! I cannot wait. I just got the OBC of Passion the other day, I really like it. However, is there a London OC recording?

muscle23ftl
#10re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 3:05am

Yes, there is a "Passion" recording from the UK with Maria Friedman and Michael Ball.

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#11re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 3:32am

I got the new Sweeney CD in a gift bag and I love it!

thevolleyballer
#12re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 3:46am

MrMusic, I actually shouldn't have said it that way. I feel as if I spent money on the JB CD, only to find that a better buy would have been TWS. And now I have two CDs, and one (JB) I feel I shouldn't have used, not wasted, money on. :)

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#13re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 4:04am

Um, Wedding Singer is a CD I will NOT be buying.

I'm not really a fan of any of the scores from new musicals this year, but I do like my new Sweeney recording.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Janelle188
#14re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 4:50am

The Last Five Years has always been the recording that, no matter how many times I listen to it, it just never gets old. Norbert and Sherie are just perfection on the whole thing. I especially love the emotion in the whole thing. For example, the last "fine" Norbert says in "A Miracle Would Happen," the way Sherie says the entire "i swear to god i'll never understand" line in "See I'm Smiling," everything. And it never fails to make me tear up when Norbert gets to the line "come back to bed kid, take me inside you, i promise, i won't lie to you" in "Nobody needs to Know." And, even though I've listened to it so many times, I always seem to discover something new that I didn't notice before, like a certain note or a a certain inflection on a line. I could go on and on and now I'm babbling. I'll stop. I just really love it. :)
Updated On: 6/9/06 at 04:50 AM

ashley0139
#15re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 7:54am

I haven't bought any new cast recordings very recently, but I bought See What I Wanna See when it came out, and I ADORE it. It's really really brilliant. And every time you listen to it there is something new to discover. In other cds, I can't stop listening to Julia Murney's new cd. It's wonderful.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

iHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
#16re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 8:39am

I would have to agree with Janelle about L5Y. THat CD can make me laugh, cry, and shiver. Especially in Goodbye Until Tomorrow. And I love Shiksa Goddess. Norbert does have absolutely amazing emotion on that album.

And same with Wedding Singer. I just bought it Tuesday and I haven't listened to anything else when on the computer since. I have already memorized about half the songs and I can't stop listening to "Pop!" "Someday" "not That Kind Of Thing" and "Right In Front Of Your Eyes". It's such a fun recording! I've listenedd to it so much that I actually dug the DVD of The Wedding Singer film (one of my favorite movies of all time) and watched it last night. I have to beg my mother to see this show when we go to New York. She loves the movie and I think she's afraid of the show, lol.

"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."

#17re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 8:49am

The London revival of Sunday in the Park with George.

OasisBroadway
#18re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 8:53am

"The London revival of Sunday in the Park with George."

I second that. I hope this comes to Broadway sometime soon.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#19re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 9:54am

I just got my "Sunday in the Park with George" CD yesterday. I'm always a big fan of London Cast Recordeings, and this one was superb. I've been listening ever since I got it.

Another one is "The Wedding Singer". Now, I haven't seen this show at all, but I decided to buy the OBCR because I'll end up buying it anyway eventually. It's actually really good. I have the demo, but listening to the whole thing is great. I really enjoyed it. Definitely a great suprise.

peggyandvelma Profile Photo
peggyandvelma
#20re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:02am

I got Jersey Boys about a month ago. When I finally kicked out Disney's On the Record out of my car, the Boys moved in and haven't left since. I adore that CD.

No one is alone.

iso_pop
#21re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:23am

Is it possible to understand all of what's going on in a show if you just listen to the cast recording and have never seen the show?

OasisBroadway
#22re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:33am

"Is it possible to understand all of what's going on in a show if you just listen to the cast recording and have never seen the show?"

Most times you can't get the full story, but usually a detailed booklet helps.

#23re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:35am

No, and you shouldn't. A rare exception is the original cast recording of The Most Happy Fella and many of the recordings of Porgy and Bess.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#24re: I love this Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:48am

I'm addicted to Billy Elliot at the moment. I was able to see the 1st Anniversary performance in London, and I just went crazy for it. The energy of that night is still there when I listen to it.

Videos