News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for La_Becca

La_Becca Profile Photo
Member Name: La_Becca
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: what are your top 5 showtunes i can't get eungh of!!!!!
 Jan 22 2006, 03:44:04 PM
Another Day (RENT)

I Know the Truth (Aida)

I don't know if I have anymore.

re: What 5 showtunes have you had more than enough of?
 Jan 22 2006, 03:38:43 PM
Tommorrow (Annie)

Defying Gravity (Wicked)

Seasons of Love (RENT)

Everything from "The Sound of Music".

I can't think of a 5th.

re: You're A Good Man Charlie Brown
 Jan 2 2006, 09:45:30 PM
Wow, theatreboi, we read each other's minds.
re: You're A Good Man Charlie Brown
 Jan 2 2006, 09:44:16 PM
A belt-it-out song would be good, because Lucy belts and screams all her songs (most of it isn't supposed to sound pleasant). You should probably go for a song that shows a little campyness, that you can really play up because everything Lucy does, after all, is over the top.

Maybe something from Seussical? Just a suggestion.

I was in YAGMCB last year, and even though I wasn't Lucy, I still know the show, so I thought I'd help.

re: Uma/Ulla
 Dec 29 2005, 09:20:01 PM
I HATED Uma Thurman as Ulla. She was terribly miscast. Her dancing was not impressive, her singing was fine, and her acting made the character forgettable. With everything else being so over the top, she was dull. Uma just doesn't pull it off. Plus she goes in and out of her accent the whole movie. When she says "Max? Leo?", it is downright laughable because what the hell accent was that??

Uma as Ulla is better than Catherine Zeta-Jones as Velma?? You have got to be kidding me. Seriou

re: BEST performances by performers at the Tonys!
 Dec 26 2005, 02:27:07 AM
Does anyone have a clip of Kristen Chenoweth performing "My New Philosophy" at the Tonys?
re: Michelle Williams and Toni Braxton as AIDA
 Dec 16 2005, 12:04:13 AM
Hey parislover. :)
re: Golden Globe Noms today!
 Dec 13 2005, 12:25:14 PM
I'm definitely not surprised RENT didn't get any nominations. I had my fingers crossed, but I'm not surprised. As much as I enjoyed the movie, I see the things critics and moviegoers hate about it.

I've never been a fan of Will Ferrell, but from the clips I've seen, I just might like him. I think The Producers looks like a very well-made, well-acted film.

A History of Violence is the worst critically acclaimed movie I've seen this year. As long as it doesn't win anything, I

re: Broadway Celebrity Sightings
 Dec 11 2005, 10:55:24 PM
John Stevens (from American Idol 3...the lanky red-headed-jazzy kid?) at "Wicked" in October.

My mom saw Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins at the stage door at "Annie Get Your Gun" with Bernadette Peters.

re: Who is your favorite Mimi Marquez?
 Dec 8 2005, 07:26:47 PM
Krystal L. Washington is amazing as Mimi. To me, Karmine Allers's performance was lacking...she looks the part, but I was overall umimpressed.

Rosario's portrayal of Mimi is perfect for film. I'm a fan of her voice.

re: RENT Soundtrack is #27 so far on the Billboard Charts (32.29% in)
 Nov 28 2005, 04:35:25 PM
The soundtrack is #1 on i-Tunes music store. The selections CD is #7.
re: Rent Box Office-The Betting Shop is Open!
 Nov 27 2005, 01:15:12 AM
According to IMDb, on Wednesday RENT (4.97 million) opened second to Harry Potter (14.12 million), beating out Your's, Mine, and Ours, Just Friends, and In the Mix.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2005-11-25/#2

Rent Review
 Nov 24 2005, 11:56:43 AM
Saw the film last night and really did enjoy it. It is a wonderful tribute to the story and Jonathan Larson's message. I'm not going to type out a full blown review, because there are enough of those, but I am just gonna share my thoughts.

I feel like my reaction to the film was not as strong as it could have been because I've read so many reviews, read spoilers, and seen so many clips of the movie. After knowing so much about the movie without seeing it took a toll on my overall re

wow
 Nov 23 2005, 11:38:17 PM
Hey Anthony, back with a full report--

First off, the film is great. Congratulations to all of you. I really loved it.

I went to a 7 PM showing at a theater in a fairly small, but artsy town. The theater was about 1/3 full, ages ranged from teenage to 50's. The audience was very respectful, no one sang (thank God, I would have personally smacked them), and I was the only one who let out a small "moo". There were definitely sniffles by the end of "Without You" and during

Rent Review
 Nov 23 2005, 11:36:25 AM
Good Lord, the negative reviews on RottonTomatoes are BRUTAL. Someone even said that RENT is this year's GIGLI.
re: Rent attendance anecdotes
 Nov 22 2005, 11:36:49 PM
Yo Whiteboy--

I live in a particularly red part of the Ever-So-Red Tennessee. I'm interested to see the turn out tomorrow night, because until then, I don't know what to predict. I'll be seeing the film tomorrow at 7 PM in a group that in itself represents different demographics. I'll be attending the showing with:
-my mom (47 years old, Bush-voting-Republican *and* avid RENT lover)
-my younger brother (16 years old, loves the show)
-my friend (18 years old, loves the s

logo/vh1
 Nov 22 2005, 11:10:55 PM
The VH1 thing is supposed to be until 11:30, so says the TV Guide channel. Did you notice Anthony said "and at the end, you'll get to see Rosario shake her booty off" (or something to that effect). Then it cut to the "Out Tonight" video. WTF. I'm pissed.
re: Favorite Musical Quotes?
 Nov 22 2005, 03:59:03 PM
"This is my report on the past. The past has always interested people. I must admit, however, that I don't know much about it. I wasn't here when it happened." - You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown

"Don't wish, don't start. Wishing only wounds the heart." - Wicked

I'm stuck, I have more, but oh well.

re: Ignorance towards the Rent movie
 Nov 22 2005, 03:37:57 PM
Hey art2, can you say "sanitizing the gay male relationship in relation to the lesbian and heterosexual relationships" one more time please? I don't think you've pressed that quite enough on the boards.

HEY EVERYONE! In case you haven't heard, ART2 THINKS THAT THE RENT MOVIE SANITIZES THE GAY MALE RELATIONSHIPS IN RELATION TO THE LESBIAN AND HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS!

re: Do you consider yourself an actor/singer?
 Nov 21 2005, 10:04:40 PM
I am more of an actor and dancer than a singer. I sing well (alto/2nd soprano), but I've never had any serious training or voice lessons to really tap in to my full singing capabilites. But I mean, hell, I'm no rising Broadway star or anything.

In musical theater, hardcore dancing roles are given to me before hardcore singing roles. But acting is really my forte of the three.

I also do choreography and would love to direct. I automatically have a director's mindset whenever I'

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You