Golden Globe Noms today!

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#0Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 7:48am

Today is the day that the Golden Globe Awards announce their nominations!!! Who's anxious?!

http://www.hfpa.org/index/

#1re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:29am

Early noms were just announced, and so far there already are two for THE PRODUCERS:

1. Best Original Song
2. Best performance by an actor in supporting role - WILL FERRELL!

It appears that THE PRODUCERS has some love from the HFPA - look for a best pic (musical or comedy).

Brokeback Mountain already has 3 noms, and the major categories haven't been announced - look for lots of noms for it.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:40am

Nathan Lane was also nominated
The Producers for Best Comedy Film too

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#3re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:45am

And best picture... musical or comedy. re: Golden Globe Noms today!

I won't lie. Part of me was hoping something Rent would show up... *sigh* But I AM quite happy for The Producers!

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

JLSatUD Profile Photo
JLSatUD
#4re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:52am

no Rent at all? Sad.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:53am

I can't open that page. Is anyone else having trouble with it?

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 12/13/05 at 08:53 AM

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#6re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:57am

I can't open it either - I think they're probably currently in the process of updating all the info.

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#7re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:58am

If you guys are able to put on E! they're discussing it and running the noms on the bottom...well now they have a logo for someone on the phone and stopped it...

So far def. no nom for Rent in movie or actor re: Golden Globe Noms today!

Or apparently...nothing for Rent?? Wow...I mean I thought w/ the categories divided it had a decent chance at a couple of noms...

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli
Updated On: 12/13/05 at 08:58 AM

Fantabulous428
#8re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:00am

no RENT noms at all sadly. But at least we got the Critic's Choice Awards - that was a nice little surprise.

jasobres
#9re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:00am

Yup.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

luvtheEmcee
#10re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:01am

Nothing at ALL? How do you guys know this if you can't get to the full list?

F*cking hell. re: Golden Globe Noms today!

joliz Profile Photo
joliz
#11re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:02am

Some of these nominations are really upsetting. No Munich best picture? Michelle Williams picked over Michelle Yeoh? Are you kidding me? Russell Crowe best actor?

Don't even get me started on how badly Rent was snubbed

"I love America more than any other country in the world, and exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." - James Baldwin

Fantabulous428
#12re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:02am

well - from what they aired on E! At least nothing in the major categories.

luvtheEmcee
#13re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:03am

How is that possible? It's one of two musicals. Don't they *always* nominate the musicals? Ugh.

Updated On: 12/13/05 at 09:03 AM

Fantabulous428
#14re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:05am

well people were disputing whether or not WTL would be musical or drama, and it ended up being musical, so that took a slot away. They seemed to like The Producers. I havn't seen the film, but is Will Ferrell really a supporting role?

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#15re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:06am

I'm disgusted by so many things this year. All of those "Desperate Housewives" are worthy of a nomination? Are you kidding? No "rent," at ALL? Even with a Musical picture catagory? No Jake Gyllenhal, yet Michelle Williamsn got a nomination for Best Supporting Actress for the same film that he's a LEAD in? No Renee Zellweger for "Cinderella Man"? Terrance Howard, or whatever his name is, for "Hustle and Flow"? Are these people for real? I'm sure Will Farrell is cute and all, but give me a break. That spot should have gone to Jake for "Brokeback Mountain." I'm thrilled that Scarlett Johansson got another nomination from them. But, Paltrow for "Proof"? Get a grip GG!

-Vincent

Fantabulous428
#16re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:07am

the no Jake Gyllenhaal completely surprised me. He was amazing in Brokeback Mountain.

Jon
#17re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:09am

"Walk The Line" is a musical. It will probably win. Other noms in the musical/comedy category are Producers, Pride and Prejudice, Mrs. Henderson Presents, and The Squid and the Whale.

They didn't nominate the two biggest hit comedies of the year - 40 Year Old Virgin and Wedding Crashers.

JasonM12480
#18re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:11am

Congrats to "The Producers", earning 3 nominations:

Best Picture (musical/comedy), best original song, and best supporting actor (musical/comedy) for Will Ferrell.

Let's hope they can turn Tony gold into Oscar gold next year!

Fantabulous428
#19re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:12am

and Best Actor (Nathan Lane)

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#20re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:31am

It is too bad that Rent got nothing. I thought that it should have had some acting nods and best comedy/musical. I don't think I would consider Walk the Line a musical, it's a drama with music. I hope it doesn't win best comedy/musical, i want Producers to win! I am happy Nathan Lane got a nod, maybe an Oscar nod will be on the way too. Sometimes the award shows have no idea who should be nominated...Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!! That should have been Adam Pascals spot in Rent!

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 9:34am

I love Adam as much as (maybe more than!) the next person, but he's no Johnny Depp.

Updated On: 12/13/05 at 09:34 AM

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#22re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:15am

I have to say that I am not surprised that Rent received no nominations. In my opinion, it didn't translate to the screen very well. I wanted it to be the same amazing experience that it was the first time I saw it on Broadway but it just wasn't. Not that it was a bad movie. It just wasn't as good as it could have been.

And I also have to say that Michelle Williams is very deserving of her nomination for Brokeback Mountain and it has nothing to do with Jake not getting one. Also, Will Ferrell's nomination didn't prevent Jake from being nominated either since they were in a completely different catagory.

Updated On: 12/13/05 at 10:15 AM

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#23re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:18am

But there is a BIG difference between a theatre experience and a movie experience. You cannot have the same experience twice in a row.

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#24re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:18am

Well I didn't count on it winning anything but again I thought with the divided categories it could get at least a couple of nominations--then again it is he foreign press. I mean if you think about it...Phantom was nominated last year, a movie you would think would be very popular internationally...I don't know how much Rent would appeal to international critics

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli
Updated On: 12/13/05 at 10:18 AM

Videos