News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ellenoshalom

ellenoshalom Profile Photo
Member Name: ellenoshalom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Beyonce to write new songs for DREAMGIRLS flick
 Jan 31 2006, 12:10:37 AM
Dreamgirls the movie is not gonna to be Broadway...it gonna to be the adaptation of what Broadway could never do for Dreamgirls by giving us illusions which will continue the Dreamgirls lasting social significance.

...stop losing sight with your passive-aggressive love for Beyonce. This is an ensemble cast. Get grip of your emotions.

Jan 30 2006, 03:38:17 AM
I will come back here after the Oscar win in 2007...and I am calling the braggin' rights, right now. It gonna read as such: "I told you so..." Beyonce will be getting an Oscar nomination and an Oscar win.
 Jan 30 2006, 03:31:31 AM
Its not a matter of has she ever written for a broadway play...which is an art. The fact you're missing is that writing lyrics is her art...now she can add this to her resume. Let the girl grow.

Dreamgirls the movie is not gonna to be Broadway...it gonna to be the adaptation of what Broadway could never do for Dreamgirls by giving us illusions which will continue the Dreamgirls lasting social significance.

re: It All Depends on 'Dreamgirls' - The Fate of the Movie Musical
 Jan 30 2006, 03:13:08 AM
Preach on BroadwayBoundBoi! ...Just make Dreamgirls the movie a quality film and later for the targeting a large audience. Make the movie from the heart!
 Jan 30 2006, 03:04:44 AM
*Faints*
Yes Yes Yes Beyonce is going to get that Oscar one way or another!
Thank you TonyaFanatic for you graciously wisdom of Beyonce. She was the FIRST African-American FEMALE to EVER win ASCAP songwriter of the year. Girl, got the lyrics in her...but for the sake of the bubble gum pop world ...she writes simple. But she has some deeps songs on her resume:
1. Free
2. Through with Love
3. Survivor
4. If
5. I can't take no more
6. Dangerously i

Dreamgirls Casting call
 Dec 13 2005, 09:06:56 PM
deleted.

re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER UP AND RUNNING
 Dec 9 2005, 02:23:07 AM
O yes, it will be a rare thing to have as many big names in a production (musical) in ...long long time. So Dreamgirls will be unique as well.
 Dec 9 2005, 02:20:18 AM
You can download Quicktime. Just google it.
re: Dreamgirls Film questions (Margo please respond!)
 Dec 8 2005, 04:16:21 PM
They should really get the rating down to PG.
 Dec 8 2005, 04:11:26 PM
Its an exciting era for movies. And I think you are right ...a documentary on all the dreamgirls production around the world/country would be a great idea. It will for sure connect the youth to real entertainment and not just the water down vision of it from American Idol.
re: Dreamgirls Film questions (Margo please respond!)
 Dec 7 2005, 05:03:31 PM
MargoChanning, you sound like you have a lot of wisdom. Thank you for sharing. I hope Jennifer Hudson captured the soul of the song as well. If not...its pointless.
And I too remember Jennifer Hudson's version of I am telling you, and she did seem like she didn't understand want the song was about - no soul yet she just had the sound.

So her coaches better get that checked soon.

Dec 7 2005, 04:56:28 PM
I think they took the teaser offline...why, I don't know.
re: DREAMGIRLS trailer removed from site
 Dec 7 2005, 04:55:11 PM
I was just noticing this...maybe they are going to place Jennifer Hudson name in it or something...lets see. The official teaser was suppose to come out on the 9th.
 Dec 7 2005, 04:04:58 PM
I had the blessed opportunity to hear the whole Dreamgirls production and ...it has a lot of life lessons we all can learn from.
 Dec 7 2005, 12:32:49 AM
^^^I like geekness...big smiles...
re: Kelly Ripa.. ?
 Dec 6 2005, 11:02:07 PM
I love Kelly Ripa!
 Dec 6 2005, 11:00:19 PM
No more American Idol talk please (heheheha)...no I don't think so. Everytime I view it I get the feeling like I am going to faint when I hear Jennifer belt "I am telling you"
 Dec 6 2005, 10:39:58 PM
What I don't understand is why didn't they use the real faces of Beyonce, Jennifer or Anika?
 Dec 6 2005, 10:34:00 PM
It gonna to be very classy and glamorous.
 Dec 6 2005, 10:28:04 PM
Link, if I was in high school or a high school even on the college level, I would be jumping at that opportunity.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You