News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedlyPerfect

WickedlyPerfect Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedlyPerfect
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked in London extension
 Nov 16 2006, 01:07:02 PM
Is there any chance that Wicked will extend past February? I'm going to London in March and that is the one show I want to see. I know that Idina will long be gone, but I'd like to see the show anyway.
re: Wicked Charms
 Oct 31 2006, 10:57:32 PM
yuppers,that's it. I wonder why the Elphaba page isn't working anymore
re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
 Oct 31 2006, 12:31:32 PM
Phantom, saw it as a little girl and it scared me to death!
Wicked Charms
 Oct 31 2006, 12:30:39 PM
I remember seeing a website a looooong time ago for wicked charms. They were of a witch's hat and a wand. I can't find the website on my computer anymore. Does anyone know where I can find the website?
re: Les Mis Slanted Stage
 Oct 30 2006, 10:16:19 PM
millie-- if you google it you'll find some picutres. I found this website:

http://www.revolutionfreedom.com/design/theater_cats.html

re: Betty Buckley in 'Gypsy'
 Oct 30 2006, 09:27:14 PM
I didn't see her in "Gypsy" but I did see her for free this past month on campus. She was amazing!
How to get multiple autographs
 Oct 30 2006, 06:39:46 PM
I have seen on this board about how to get an autograph from one performer through the mail. What about an autograph from multiple people. I would love an autograph from Idina and Adam from London, but I really don't want to send two envelopes. Is there a way to send a letter to the cast and request something, or do they just do it per star?

**side note** anyone know the address to the theater in London??

re: Does Constantine Stage door?
 Oct 30 2006, 03:56:19 PM
so moral of the story. . .Constantine does stage door and he is quite pleasant and I should not have a problem getting a playbill signed for my friend. (specially since I am making a special trip 6 hours away to do so)
 Oct 30 2006, 03:11:17 PM
when is his last show?

also: Does he do a good job on answering fan mail?

Oct 30 2006, 01:33:16 PM
yeah I understand the 5 playbills at a time. I would be pissed if someone came up to me with that many. Fortunately, I only need 2, one for me and one for my friend. But if it is a really busy day I will sacrafice mine and get hers signed.

I remember I met Patrick Wilson at the stage door for Barefoot and the guy next to me had a whole folder of pictures and dvd covers to sign. Patrick stood there an signed them all, I don't remember if he was aggitated or not.

Does Constantine Stage door?
 Oct 30 2006, 11:04:30 AM
i'm going this weekend and my friend is a HUGE fan. I was hoping to get his autograph for her. Anyone know anything?
re: 5/6 RENT at the Warner Review & Cinderella
 May 8 2006, 01:28:55 AM
oh I would see it again too, that's how much I love the show. Just I was a little let down. Gavin was our Rodger. He started out rusty which is sad because he starts out the show with his numbers (RENT and One song glory), but he got better as the show went on. It was almost like he was warming up in the first act. His performance in "Goodbye Love" blew me away, wishing he had that power in the first act though. I loved Maureen and Joanne. Mark had a wonderful performance. Angel was a little lac
 May 8 2006, 01:19:23 AM
I actually had a discussion with a friend about the size of the stage at the Warner. When I first saw RENT it was on Broadway and I had a standing room only ticket, so I saw the whole thing standing up , in the back of the theater. At the Warner I saw it row H, on the right side, but only had one problem seeing things in one scene. What I thought was interesting, and this brings me back to what I was saying about the stage size, was the fact that RENT is normally on a small stage in a smaller th
 May 8 2006, 12:43:14 AM
true, after thinking about it I was wrong. However, there is something that is lacking from Broadway to tour. There isn't that same magic. I know a tour is a way of getting a play/musical to people who normally couldn't afford to get to NYC. I just find it hard to see in the same light. But I do see your point
 May 8 2006, 12:36:13 AM
orangeskittles:
I personally think it does better in television than it would ever do on Broadway (I think it has something to do with being able to see expression close up). And I do agree that worse has opened on Broadway, which really is a shame

Chopstitute: I'm not THAT nice, trust me I was about to snap. but her grandmother was truely the kindest person ever (reminded me of my own) so it was hard to snap at the granddaughter. although when she wasn't asking me countless ques

May 7 2006, 11:45:42 PM
chopstitute--
normally I do not mind answering questions from people about shows (RENT in particular). Most of the time they are from younger fans, just as this girl was (she was around 13). but to make all of your assumptions off of the movie was silly and then her questions started getting more and more bogus, so i simply got up at intermission and went outside and walked around and up the street a few blocks before I snapped. Then calmly came back for act II.

I love "Cindere

what is a raked stage?
 May 7 2006, 11:40:58 PM
someone mentioned it started in the 16th and 17th centuries. Raked stages actually began to appear far more earlier-- in Ancient Greece.

"Theaters in ancient Greece were semicircular, the audience sitting on tiers of seats arrayed above a "raked" or sloping stage -- the back of the stage being higher than in the front."

here is a picture for those that want to see how a raked stage looks from a side angle:

May 7 2006, 08:15:39 PM
Mimi's songs are some of my favorite (I'm VERY picky about "out tonight") so to hear them the way they were, bad. However, that's just my opinion. I heard people leaving saying it was amazing and well done *shrug*. I've been involved with music my entire life, so I have an ear, but you might enjoy it. Or you might get lucky and get her understudy. lol
re: Shows for September
 May 7 2006, 08:13:45 PM
no, High Fidelity comes out in november, so I'll have to wait.
re: Shows for September
 May 7 2006, 08:06:57 PM
I considered "Wedding Singer" but looking at the footage on the video preview just didn't seem to really spark anything. I'm a HUGE stephen lynch fan though.
I'm more curious to see "High Fidelity". I love the movie and am curious as to how it will transfer onto the stage.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You