pixeltracker

What is the scariest show you've ever seen?

What is the scariest show you've ever seen?

AugustBurns2 Profile Photo
AugustBurns2
#0What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:20pm

I would have to say Lestat, though Lennon and the Will Rogers Follies come close.

Seriously, Lestat frightened me with it's horrible songs and silly scenes (the boat!).

I didn't understand the purpose of Act II of the Will Rogers Follies - "Let's fly, Will" -- wish they flew away earlier...ok..I didn't really mean it!

Happy Halloween!!!

myspace.com/robinsparkles

Emcee4ever
#1re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:25pm

Cabaret.

dry2olives Profile Photo
dry2olives
#2re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:26pm

Raggedy Ann, as evidenced by the poor little kid behind me who was screaming in horror throughout Act I. I assume he and his mom left the theatre at intermission. Why anyone thought a Broadway musical version of Raggedy Ann that's too scary for kids would be a good idea is beyond me.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#3re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:26pm

Raggedy Ann

Ciaron McCarthy
#4re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:28pm

Chess OBC
Carrie OBC
Wicked OBC

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#5re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:28pm

ohmygee

wikded scured mah lots

i waz so fritented...!>

elflubera scured tha heepie jeebiez outa me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciaron McCarthy
#6re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:30pm

I was scared for the audience in Wicked. Like watching a bunch of lab rats stare at a shiny light!!

WickedlyPerfect Profile Photo
WickedlyPerfect
#7re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:31pm

Phantom, saw it as a little girl and it scared me to death!

What good is a life, With no one to share, The light of the moon, The honor of a swear?

7Minutes Profile Photo
7Minutes
#8re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:42pm

The Pillowman frightened me beyond words. There were some scenes that were downright scary, but it was also psychologically unsettling in the subject material. I remember being so shaken up at the end that I couldn't leave me seat for several minutes.

SweetQintheLights
#9re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:44pm

"ohmygee

wikded scured mah lots

i waz so fritented...!>

elflubera scured tha heepie jeebiez outa me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"

You took the words right out of my mouth! re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Ciaron McCarthy
#10re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:45pm

Oh I cant think of it. The recent one with Oliver Platt! The last scene scared the sh*t out of me!!!

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#11re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:46pm

VICTOR/VICTORIA

And trace you never saw RA - you're cheating! Updated On: 10/31/06 at 12:46 PM

7Minutes Profile Photo
7Minutes
#12re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:46pm

In response to Ciaron's post:

Shining City?
Updated On: 10/31/06 at 12:46 PM

Ciaron McCarthy
#13re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:47pm

Yes Shining City!! The end was scary!!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#14re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:51pm

My real answer would probably be NIGHT MUST FALL.

jimnysf
#15re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:56pm

I'll second "Lestat". I was scared because someone put up a lot of money to put so much crap up on the stage. Elton should be forced to return every cent paid for his "best work ever". Truly a nightmare from start to finish. Wolf Killer!

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#16re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:59pm

Does anyone remember THE CRUCIFER OF BLOOD? It played on Broadway in 1978-1979. An amazing production that scared the wits out of the audience. Especially during the intense lightning storm when the audience was able to only see bits and pieces of the drama unfolding. I remember the audience screaming out loud at some points! John Wulp's scenery was brilliant. Sherlock Holmes was played by Paxton Whitehead and the cast also included a virtually unknown Glenn Close.
The Crucifer of Blood

waddledee524 Profile Photo
waddledee524
#17re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 1:05pm

I was seriously chilled after I saw Sweeney Todd for the first time (it was the revival). My friends and I had taken a spontaneous day trip into the city, which is rare, and it was really sunny out, and we picked Sweeney without knowing what it was. It was fantastic beyond anything, but very chilling.

Also, the gunshots in Les Mis scared me the first (only) time I saw it, on Broadway a few years back.

Hear the words I sing: war's a horrid thing. So, I sing sing sing... Ding a ling a ling.

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#18re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 1:11pm

I would probably have to say Wait Until Dark. I saw a really great production of it and the last sequence was VERY frightening. If acted and staged well it can be very scary.

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

NathanLaneStalker
#19re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 1:14pm

Live?....Cats.....i was like..7!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#20re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 1:15pm

Aint Broadway Grand

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#21re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 1:21pm

THE GAY NAKED PLAY - What a friggin disaster.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 10/31/06 at 01:21 PM

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#22re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 1:24pm

I'll second The Pillowman. Scary, but great.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#23re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 3:30pm

DEATHTRAP. I forgot all about DEATHTRAP.

#24re: What is the scariest show you've ever seen?
Posted: 10/31/06 at 3:34pm

The Lion King. Seriousely, when I first saw Rafiki, I literally screamed in the theatre.

Videos