News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ACTOR jes

ACTOR jes Profile Photo
Member Name: ACTOR jes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Reviews of 'Lestat' and 'The Drowsy Chaperone'  Apr 17 2006, 01:30:30 PM
I'm glad you loved Drowsy. I saw it while it was at the Ahmanson here in LA and it was absolutely adorable.

I stayed after to meet sutton and even though she noted that she was late for a date (excuse the rhyme), she gave us the time of day to sign all of our stuff (which was quite a bit) and talked to us about acting and musicals in general. i just love her!

Beth Leavel, however, was quite rude. She walked around the stagedoor the entire time and kept going in and out of it. S

re: Using the scripted dialogue in your daily life  Apr 14 2006, 11:46:04 AM
I find myself doing this all the time. Especially when you're around people who have also done the same show as yourself.

Shakespeare, for me, seems to be the easiest to just randomly start quoting. And because of the rhyme it makes it sound truely ridiculous to others.
:)

re: RENT... Pre-Broadway?  Mar 5 2006, 02:20:20 PM
Tango to Hell link, please?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could send that to me.

re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture  Feb 6 2006, 10:49:03 PM
that's definitely not the one they'll be using, or else they're just dumb. The entire 60's vibe was big hair, it would only seem natural to continue that.

I remember seeing a rather odd looking advertisement when Christi Carlson-Romano was Belle in Beauty and the Beast. It was her in the blue costume, but with short blonde curly hair. I wish I still had the picture with me, but sadly I have misplaced it. In short, it looked hideous, but for the performances they kept the traditional bro

Lea Salonga!  Jan 13 2006, 02:19:58 PM
what about Kerry Butler as Eponine? :[
sorry I just love kerry butler so much I had to mention her.

For me its a toss up between Sutton and Lea.

re: 80's Era Musicals  Jan 12 2006, 08:36:33 PM
wow. didn't think of that. if it was a snake it would have bit me!
80's Era Musicals  Jan 12 2006, 08:30:18 PM
My choir director announced our Broadway theme for this year, and it's Broadway Time Travel or something to that extent (it's a lame excuse to use any musical song ever written).

She was listing all of the era's that we would be covering and she left out the 80's, she said "There arent any musicals set in the 80's Era except for Footloose(which was a recent production so we arent premitted to do anything from that)."

I had to think for a second about that, it would be odd if th

re: Anthony Rapp as Seymour  Jan 12 2006, 08:22:06 PM
I had the privilege of seeing Anthony Rapp as Seymour in 2004, and he was simply stunning! I loved every minute of seeing him as Seymour on stage. And the Audrey was great too! I visited the tour when it was in San Deigo in December.

Audrey was played by Tari Kelly
Mushnik was played by Lenny Wolpe

re: bad belting  Jan 7 2006, 10:18:27 PM
I've never known belting to be bad for ones voice. I've had many voice teachers who have all said that belting is fine for your voice if done correctly. but those have all been broadway style vocal teachers.

according to my friends teacher, an opera style teacher, belting is damaging to your voice.

i suppose it may be a difference in opinion, all depending on what your teachers specialty is.

EDIT: I thought she may have been talking about Uma Thurman.

re: Wedding Singer Demo  Jan 7 2006, 10:10:09 PM
I certainly would love to hear it as well. This looks like its definitely going to be a cute musical. I dont think its going to be anything groundbreaking or anything, but definitely cute.
re: Enough of these 'Rent Critics'  Jan 7 2006, 05:13:58 PM
EDIT: Sorry, duplicate message.
re: Enough of these 'Rent Critics'  Jan 7 2006, 05:13:58 PM
I would rather hear a review from your average joe shmoe than an angry renthead any day!

The angry rentheads are the worst! my friend(who is also an angry renthead) wanted to write a review of rent for our school paper, luckily I beat her to the punch because the day after she saw it all she was did was bash it. You can never expect anything to be exactly like the show, and if you want that then find a bootleg recording of the show.

re: TOP 3  Jan 7 2006, 05:05:09 PM
1. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
2. 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
3. Avenue Q

re: Enough of these 'Rent Critics'  Jan 7 2006, 05:00:04 PM
true, it is a harsh way to say it but essentially its true. tearing apart in the sense that they tear it apart to analyze it, not literally bashing it left and right, but looking deeper into something. (often times looking further into things than they should)

bad choice of words i guess.

re: Enough of these 'Rent Critics'  Jan 7 2006, 04:51:58 PM
i'm sick of them too but you have to realize that its their job to tear movies apart.

i've come to the conclusion that if you dont like hearing what they have to say, then dont read it. i've had to do this many times before.

re: Taylor The Latte Boy  Jan 7 2006, 02:20:08 PM
I would love to hear that version!

he's a crack up.
do you happen to know where I could possibly get a recording of Tartaglia's version?

re: Taylor The Latte Boy  Jan 7 2006, 02:14:08 PM
i know that susan egan sang it on her cd titled (excuse me if i'm wrong) Coffee House. or something to that extent. that was before Kristin's lovely rendition. i would assume that susan had it written for herself for that coffee house album. but i may be mistaken.
"Do You Know What Its Like" Sheet Music from Zanna  Nov 8 2005, 10:55:24 PM
This is my First Post, YAY!

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands one some sheet music from "Zanna Don't!", primarily the song Do You Know What It's Like

thanks

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You