News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dream on

Member Name: dream on
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AFTER MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Nov 10 2013, 03:30:42 AM
I forgot to mention the choreography. I understand why now after seeing it that some critics weren't impressed. I get it. Let me explain. Some numbers were cute and one was clever, but I feel like the choreographer mailed it in. It was very good but nothing I haven't seen before millions of times. Some of the choreography to me had to much ballet for this show. I didn't like that aspect except for seeing Desmond Richardson perform with perfection in his solo part. There should have been more wow
 Nov 10 2013, 03:23:31 AM
I am surprised that I didn't love this show. I am puzzled because I love jazz music and tap dancing. I think what was missing was heart and soul. Everyone was accomplished and performed well. I think I would have done less songs and have each song be longer so there was more of a build up in each song. Fantasia did a wonderful job as always and it seems to me she will have no absences this time around. The is a piece of cake for her and her vocal restraint and ability shines through. But I love
 Nov 3 2013, 12:31:52 PM
I just have to comment here about Fantasia. You can do all the research you want, but, she is not anti gay. She made an ill advised comment, because she was frustrated that she gets picked on for everything that happens in her life. Its a long list of things that she gets bashed for that other recording artists get a free pass. Her long time manager and best friend Brian is gay. Fantasia doesn't always express herself clearly, and people jump all over her for anything that is said. If you w
re: Jerry's Girls
 Feb 10 2008, 04:39:30 AM
I saw this show with Chita Rivera before her accident. I went with friends to support Joni Masella. She was a wonderfully talented dancer and choreographer. I believe Wayne Cilento was the choreographer and gave Joni the job. She really deserved the break- she didnt have your typical dancers body. But boy did she have Charisma when she danced. I was fortunate enough to take dance lessons from her. She was my idol back then.

Chita Rivera, to me, was the STAR of that show.

re: Fantasia's final performance Sun Jan 6th
 Jan 7 2008, 10:06:05 PM
the other thread was deleted.

please post

testing 1232
toowicked

thanks

and hilltop and peacone too

mods please delete
 Jan 7 2008, 10:03:45 PM
Please post your comments from Sundays show here.

Thanks

re: Thank God! It's Fantasia's Final Performance
 Jan 7 2008, 10:01:00 PM
Too Wicked- I think TheatreDiva will lose his posting priviledges if this thread gets deleted.

Then he will have nothing to do.

How sad is that?

Now onto Fantasia's life changing performance.

It is a fact.

There is no denying the talent of Fantasia.

And there is no denying the haters either.

But Fantasia is on top of the world right now.

She is golden!!!

Jan 7 2008, 09:44:05 PM
Testing please dont do that

if they delete this thread - then the haters got what they wanted

Theatre diva should be reported for his violation of posting- so if you do keep that note to the mods- please report him.

Can you imagine a 40 year old "professional" acts this way?

Jan 7 2008, 09:41:32 PM
Lets see all the greats who are amazed by Fantasia
Angela Lansbury
Oprah Winfrey
Barbara Cook
Denzel Washington- yes its true- she has been to his home for dinner. And he adores Fantasia

Smokey Robinson
Quincy Jones
Diana Ross
Chaka Khan

theres more

Jan 7 2008, 09:36:21 PM
Two wicked

did you see her reaction to Fantasia?

I know when Jane Fonda was there last time- she was shaking and crying in her chair. She was so overcome by her greatness.

There are pictures somewhere of Jane holding Fantasia's face in her hands.

All the greats adore Fantasia!!!

Jan 7 2008, 09:33:52 PM
Because this thread is about Fantasia and her performance.

thats why

ask others why they are posting things in here that have nothing to do with the show.

Jan 7 2008, 09:29:01 PM
Hilltop posted this - wonderful post - bravo!!!

Congratulations to Fantasia for an amazing run in the Color Purple. From Clive Barnes admitting to weeping during I'm Here, to Barbara Cook calling Fantasia's performance the most thrilling she's ever seen on stage, to her spectacular performance at the Tony Awards, it's been quite a Broadway debut.

There's a reason why Scott Sanders called Fantasia "born to play the role." He didn't say that about his Tony winner. Or any of the o

Jan 7 2008, 09:24:41 PM
This thread is about Fantasia's last performance

So I will be posting about that and ignoring the little flies on the wall.

Jan 7 2008, 09:12:52 PM
Peaceone-

Did you know that Allie Willis loves the fact that Fantasia is singing her songs. She said opening night that she knew Fantasia would be out of this world with her voice but was so thrilled at how great she was on opening night.

And that imagine how great she would be after a little time in the role- I dont think she imagined the greatness we witnessed last nite.

Im sorry I didnt go over to her after the show to get her thoughts.

But everyone was so

Jan 7 2008, 09:09:58 PM
I might.

Chaka Khan is an amazing performer too.

I just cant see her being better than Yvette. I loved her as Sophia.

Jan 7 2008, 09:03:14 PM
They are already discounting the tickets for Chaka Khan - I guess the pre sales numbers were not good.

Nobody will bring in the numbers that Fantasia did.

Jan 7 2008, 08:32:06 PM
The show was sold out yesterday,

Fantasia brought in over 100 million dollars in revenue to

The Color Purple.

Amazing!

re: Fantasia's Final Performance
 Jan 7 2008, 08:01:44 PM
i guess you missed my posts on other subjects.

Just check my profile- you will see I discussed other shows of interest to me.

Did everyone hear that the whole cast had tears running down their faces during the final picnic scene into the Finale.

It was a sight to see.

Jan 7 2008, 06:35:00 PM
Peaceone- I have to go make dinner - can you hold down the fort with some more stories from last nite?

I will end by saying that there were over 300 people in line waiting to get Fantasia's autograph. I didn't hear anything about it though.

I did see Patti's Limo a big white stretch one.

Also, Elisabeth told me when I spoke with her ( She is Shug) that she wasn't supposed to be in Yesterday, but Fantasia called her and told her that she had to come. And of course the

Jan 7 2008, 06:30:29 PM
Peaceone-

How about our 3rd row seats? Nothing is better than seeing the sweat and tears up close like that, huh? But I have to say I prefer 6th or 7th row because you can see more of the stage.

Did you see that young man bawling in the first row. I thought he would have to be taken out on a stretcher. Fantasia has such a variety of fans, young, old, black, white, gay, straight.

I noticed that a few young men had flowers for Fantasia too, how sweet is that?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You