News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Laura-Kate

Laura-Kate Profile Photo
Member Name: Laura-Kate
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Revivals They Should Do
 Jun 25 2007, 10:08:17 PM
Definately Carrie - though it should be done off broadway. smaller theatre, less 80s fame vibe than the ob version. :P so different choreography.
Noises Off - brilliant play. Could get more audiences to see a play. Hysterically funny.
and (dammit I did have another one) yes! FAME. I'd love to see it on Broadway

re: The Rocky Horror (Puppet) Show
 Mar 13 2006, 02:30:14 PM
Wow. I have to say I'm a huge RHPS fan - the kind of one that gets irked as soon as anyone says "How about a remake of the RHPS movie?" (I HATE THOSE PEOPLE)
But this show sounds awesome! Wow. I'd never think of doing RH with puppets, but it sounds great. Thanks for describing it so well!
Shame I didn't get to see it

re: Inspirational Broadway Songs
 Mar 13 2006, 02:22:18 PM
Hmmm... I like "Any Dream Will Do" I also like "Here I Am!" DRS... or "I Wish I could Go Back To College..." :P
re: Jukebox Musicals You'd Like To See?
 Mar 13 2006, 12:39:29 PM
Okay, I think it depends on how you use the term "Juke Box" lol. I've been reading posts that people are worried that JERSEY BOYS is a Tonys write off because it may be considered too Juke-Boxy. I didn't find it Juke Boxy. I liked it because it was based on REAL people. Not some story made up with a bunch of ABBA songs thrown in... (Sorry MAMMA MIA)
I think that after seeing JERSEY BOYS I would like to see a musical based on Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack... not just their songs but their l

actors you wish would do broadway
 Mar 13 2006, 12:07:44 PM
Nate Richert (Harvey from Sabrina The Teenage Witch)
He currently plays in a duo called C Duck & Nate. So he can sing. And on hi sbio it says he's had extensive jazz and tap training. (anyone who's an avid Sabrina fan would have seen him tap, and he's GOOD.)

re: Forbidden Broadway or a 'real' show
 Mar 13 2006, 11:53:39 AM
If you haven't seen DRS, go see it. Norbert Leo Butz is AWESOME. It's just as funny (if not more so) than Avenue Q.
Have fun!

re: Spelling Bee in Australia?
 Mar 11 2006, 10:43:24 PM
Yeah it was a very limited run with Marina Prior starring.
It ran through two weeks in february. (I live in NY and my family live in Australia. I made them see it) I know it has already played its run in melbourne I'm not sure about Sydney, or if it even made it up the coast. PM me and I can give you more details (I just need to find them again!)
Laura xx

re: Green and Garrison to Broadway's Wicked
 Mar 9 2006, 11:02:52 PM
I'm a huge Sabrina The Teenage Witch fan.
I seriously jumped around screaming when I realized I was going to see Jenna Leigh Green... (I didnt know this when I bought my tickets -for late march- as I bought them in february)
I just have to say. I am thrilled to be seeing her perform.
I thought Sabrina lost so much of its pizazz when she left. She made the show. I think 'ew' was the most often used word in my vocab for a looong time.

re: Crazy Musical Ideas
 Mar 9 2006, 10:48:54 PM
Harry Potter the Musical!!! lol.
Harvey could play Dumbledore....
hmmm who'd play harry? or snape???
lol. You know if Warner Bros. sponsor Lestat, I think they'd do Harry Potter just for the profits....
lol. I'd love to hear lyrics to songs from Harry Potter: The Musical.
mahahahaha.

re: TKTS and Wicked
 Mar 9 2006, 10:44:44 PM
I've gotten tickets twice from cancellation.
For the Saturday night show I started lining up at 3:30pm. By 4:30 we had tickets center 8 rows back, orchestra. AWESOME seats.
I also got them for a sunday matinee (3pm) a few weeks ago. It was presidents day weekend and we got there at 9am, had to wait until 2pm until any tickets were called.
Better early and get tickets than late and miss out.
Bring candy for the wait.

re: musicals for a high school?
 Mar 9 2006, 10:30:38 PM
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is classic, if you've got strong male talent and works well with a large cast.
I was in a HS production of Guys and Dolls and that was amazing! It was about a 60 person cast too.
I totally agree with the poster who said that Chicago, Sweeney and The Producers are adult productions. Sorry. JMO.

re: Carrie the Musical
 Mar 9 2006, 12:10:53 PM
Carrie is possibly my favorite musical. I have a copy of the Stratford run and I simply adore it.
The costumes (body suits) , sets (the disco ball on the floor), lack of dialogue and the fact that they could manage a giant white staircase and not an elaborate devise to spill pigs blood on her head rather than the tiny bucket of strawberry topping. (I know it has been mentioned that it was impossible with the body mic, but look at it this way. She doesnt do much at the prom up until this poin

re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
 Dec 11 2005, 02:04:35 PM
I saw it for the first time yesterday and wasn't expecting much. I fell in love with it. Easily up there with my favorites.
I am so devastated it's closing today! I was sitting in the front row center and as Winston bowed for his curtain call one of his black hairpins flew off his head and landed at my feet :P
I adored this show. It was funny, different and had heart. It'll be sad to see it go
Laura-Kate
"Take a chance while there still is tim

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You