In My Life is now officially gone!

How sad!

May the lemons live on!

Updated On: 12/11/05 at 12:57 PM

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 12:59pm

I'll never forget giving Winston the "thumbs up" from the Box.

Ah In My Life, we barely knew ye.

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#2re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 1:19pm

RIP In My Life.

David Turner is so small! re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE

Laura-Kate Profile Photo
Laura-Kate
#3re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 2:04pm

I saw it for the first time yesterday and wasn't expecting much. I fell in love with it. Easily up there with my favorites.
I am so devastated it's closing today! I was sitting in the front row center and as Winston bowed for his curtain call one of his black hairpins flew off his head and landed at my feet :P
I adored this show. It was funny, different and had heart. It'll be sad to see it go re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Laura-Kate
"Take a chance while there still is time, because life turns on a dime."

Backstage at WMTC's "THE PRODUCERS" Sandi: "I love a man in uniform..." Laura: "Sandi... those are Nazi's..."

YankeesFan175
#4re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 2:23pm

ok, i know this has been mentioned but i havent gotten a definiative answer:

will there be a cast recording?? b/c i remember joe brooks saying they were awaiting studio time. are they still gonna release it?

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#5re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 2:29pm

If this were any other flop show, I'd say there is no chance in hell. However, with Joe Brooks - anything at all is possible.

I wouldn't be suprised to see one pop up.

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#6re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 2:52pm

I'm really curious about what David Turner's adlibs are going to be today. Like when he comes in, and then at the end.

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#7re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 7:37pm

Farewell, In My Life. The lemon will live on for all time.

ILoveWicked330
#8re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 7:52pm

I just got home from seeing it. There weren't many ad-libs at all which I was surprised. David added at the end "Well we must go. It was great being here" & some other stuff but I don't remember. There was nothing said that it was the last show. But the audience was mostly aware it was the last show & gave a LOT of applause which was great. I noticed 3 people videoing the show in the orchestra. I don't know if there were any from the mezz. Joe Brooks came out of the stage door at the end. He said a cast recording is possible and so is a dvd but he doesnt know.

BSoBW2
#9re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 7:53pm

"He said a cast recording is possible and so is a dvd but he doesnt know."

::Prays::

Thanks for the news!

Gingersnap Profile Photo
Gingersnap
#10re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:02pm

It seems like only a few days ago I was watching them move stuff into the theatre for this.

I didn't see it and didn't want to...but I'm still sad to see it go.

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

BSoBW2
#11re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:03pm

That's because it only was a few days ago re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE

I jest.

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#12re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:06pm

Awww, I really enjoyed this show; no masterpiece but a fun time. I think a lot of people were over critical or went in with bad attitudes because of what they read. if they went at all.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#13re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:06pm

You don't jest too much, sadly.
David Turner was by far my favorite part of this show.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#14re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:36pm

Cast album would be great & a DVD would be icing on the cake

Poster Emeritus

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#15re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:42pm

i was there. tons of energy from the cast...they were really on tonight. chris hanke was excellent and david turner was, of course, incredible. the show is still awful (and will probably never be done again regionally, in high schools or anywhere ever again) but i'm glad i got to see it one last time. i'm a sucker for final performances.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#16re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:43pm

Any speeches or anything?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#17re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 8:56pm

unfortunately, there were no closing speeches.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#18re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 10:13pm

No closing speeches?

RIP In My Life! Broadway may not miss you, but I do!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#19re: Good-bye IN MY LIFE
Posted: 12/11/05 at 10:40pm

The show is so absurd that it may make great money on DVD. If the Matrix can draw in pot smokers...well imagine this lol

Videos