News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JackiesBroJoe

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
Member Name: JackiesBroJoe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE GARDENS OF ANUNCIA: Michael John LaChiusa musical based on the life of Graciela Daniele will play LCT's Newhouse in Fall 2023 w/ Priscilla Lopez, Mary Testa, Andréa Burns, Eden Espinosa
 Nov 19 2023, 11:28:09 AM

I just saw this and thought it was exquisite and probably the best score I've heard in the theatre in a few seasons. Sure some of it is "static" by today's attention span standards but not if you imagine it as an independent film or character study and wrestling with one's life "choices" and how they stack up with the real content of our lives. Every actor is wonderful, particularly the amazing women in the show and the design is simple and often breathtaking.

LaChiusa's LOS OTROS Off-Broadway
 Aug 25 2022, 09:50:15 AM

This production appears to be based on the significantly revised version that premiered in Baltimore a few years ago. I was living in DC at the time and caught a preview performance and found it to be gorgeous and fascinating. Reminded me a bit of Hello Again in how it was structured. For those of us complaining about lack of original musicals and endless adaptations, I l'm glad to see this piece has made it's way to NY and hope to get there. 

The Lucky Star
 Apr 23 2022, 10:58:49 AM

Just saw the Dale Soules is in this starring opposite Steven Skybell. Always a treat to see her on stage. -- ::goes to find my THE MAGIC SHOW album:::

The Lucky Star
 Apr 22 2022, 08:33:27 PM

I saw this play in its previous incarnation in Baltimore a few years ago at the Everyman Theatre. One of the best new American plays in years with a fascinating structure and great for anyone who enjoys docu-drama and stories about reframing and grappling with history. Went with my parents and we had so much to talk about after. Great to see the playwright Karen Hartman finally getting her due. One of our more underrated writers. Might make a trip to the city to see this one. 

Bernadette Peters: A Special Concert (2009) Stream (Upcoming)
 Jun 30 2020, 11:43:30 AM

She also sings "Somebody Somewhere" from Most Happy Fella and "Another Hundred People." A big treat! 

Encores' BRIGADOON will receive a cast album this fall
 Oct 29 2018, 11:11:15 PM

So excited for this!

Inner Voices
 Oct 29 2018, 10:55:22 PM

Just got back from seeing these one act musicals at the TBG Theatre. I went as a fan of Rebecca Luker (and saw the last couple years offerings of this bi annual series), and she did not disappoint in a new piece by Jeff Blumencrantz; but the real gem of the evening is an amazing new piece called THE COSTUME by Daniel Zaitchik. Brilliant story, music and staging. Really surprising and the boy actor blew me away (sorry didn't save my playbill). Bunch of discounts available; it's worth c

Chenoweth/Lippa
 Apr 25 2016, 04:54:53 PM

hope they record this!

Mother Courage at CSC
 Dec 30 2015, 09:46:37 PM

I fully support Tonya after reading that full statement. Also, anyone else notice that Brian Kulick's "statements" are mostly quotes from THE EMPTY SPACE? LOL. 

Posterity @ Atlantic Theater
 Feb 26 2015, 06:17:16 PM
I went to the first preview. I can't recommend it enough. It's brilliant. I think it will be an enormous hit. Beautiful, funny, thought provoking, terrific performances & design.
I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
 Oct 7 2014, 01:56:00 AM
Did you SEE it RippedMan? Also, there's no connection to the movie MILK. This is an abstract piece inspired by his life, not a biographic work.
 Oct 7 2014, 01:37:07 AM
Really? I thought it was extraordinary! What a thrilling score, beautifully performed. Also brilliantly directed. Kristin was in GREAT voice. All the marketing materials said it was an hour long oratorio; not sure why you have a complaint about that. Hope it gets a longer run somewhere. Also, a treat to meet 2 broadway world posters up in the nosebleeds!
 Oct 5 2014, 10:07:57 PM
Looks like some lower priced seats were released in case anyone was on the fence.
 Oct 4 2014, 02:12:22 PM
Is anyone planning on going? Been a longtime fan of this fantastic classical work by Andrew Lippa and looking forward to seeing the concert production. I'll be in the third tier and would love to meet other BWW'ers.
RUTHLESS Concerts in September
 Sep 7 2014, 03:37:19 PM
Thrilled to hear the report. I do love this show. Thanks!
 Sep 7 2014, 01:43:48 PM
this is apparently a new version of the show
 Sep 7 2014, 11:32:28 AM
Any reports on this? I had to cancel and go next week instead.
 Aug 29 2014, 09:43:53 AM
wow...yeah sounds about right!
 Aug 28 2014, 04:03:55 PM
A few people I know seem to believe Bernadette is in fact involved. She has tweeted about it a few times. I'll be there on the 8th.
FringeNYC 2014
 Aug 11 2014, 02:29:55 PM
Agreed, muscle. I've seen three so far (I usually try to get 9 or 10 in). The best has been a really strong and inventive play called "Things I Left On Long Island." Will report on more soon.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You